• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma story character revealed in Famitsu

Moonlight

Banned
Kokonoe placed at eight and she's still not playable. I don't get you, ArcSys. I don't get you at all.

Dunno why Litchi or Valk didn't place, but eh. I guess I can just be happy that Arakune placed at all.

You know those dumb ass characters that do something for a selfish ass reason and are just fucking everyone one over in the process and in the long run not accomplishing shit anyways. She's one of those.
Basically she is an attention whore that just hasn't gotten anywhere from a story perspective since day one.

Edit: Izayoi over Bang? I can't even

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Also, I just want to say that Litchi's screams when she gets hit are hella annoying.

It's that stupid panda's fault though.
Litchi is holding the Panda back from it's true potential.

Pls
Also, I just want to say that Litchi's screams when she gets hit are hella annoying.
Ugh... that was the worst. I had to wear headphones while watching CSE or below. God forbid you get a litchi Mirror or Litchi vs Arakune. You may as well be watching Hentai. Thank God they changed her line for Phantasma.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sadly it's annoying in both english and japanese. You lose no matter what.

Oh thank god then.

Then again I mained Nu day one, so I guess I can't complain. :p

Even in CT I have props for Nu players. Once you get past her entry level stuff she starts to become pretty hard to play. Thing was most people sucked ass and lost to the entry level stuff.

AAK

Scans from Famitsu unveiled a new story character. He's called Hibiki Kohaku and voiced by Mitsuhiro Ichiki. Scans shows him with the new playable character Kagura Mutsuki. Hibiki has black hair and wears a version of the NOA uniform. He looks like a girl.

On another note, it seems Tsubaki Yayoi won the character poll for BlazBlue from a while back. Here are the results from Dustloop.

Top 10 BB characters:

1. Tsubaki Yayoi
2. Noel Vermillion
3. Hazama
4. Ragna the Bloodedge
5. Jin Kisaragi
6. Makoto Nanaya
7. Hakumen
8. Kokonoe
9. Bullet
10. Rachel Alucard.

Next characters in ranking are:

11. Nu-13
12. Platinum the Trinity
13. Taokaka
14. Celica A. Mercury
15. Arakune
16. Izayoi
17. Jubei
18. Bang
19. "Other"
22. Azrael.

I'll update when more new info comes out.

In all honesty my list would pretty much be the exact reverse (cutting the CP characters since I have no idea bout them) of that order with Platinum dead last. But my opinion doesn't really matter, I pretty much stopped playing when Platinum was released, and stopped caring when ASS refused to give BBCSE as DLC.

kewlmyc

Scans from Famitsu unveiled a new story character. He's called Hibiki Kohaku and voiced by Mitsuhiro Ichiki. Scans shows him with the new playable character Kagura Mutsuki. Hibiki has black hair and wears a version of the NOA uniform. He looks like a girl.

On another note, it seems Tsubaki Yayoi won the character poll for BlazBlue from a while back. Here are the results from Dustloop.

Top 10 BB characters:

1. Tsubaki Yayoi
2. Noel Vermillion
3. Hazama
4. Ragna the Bloodedge
5. Jin Kisaragi
6. Makoto Nanaya
7. Hakumen
8. Kokonoe
9. Bullet
10. Rachel Alucard.

11. Nu-13
12. Platinum the Trinity
13. Taokaka
14. Celica A. Mercury
15. Arakune
16. Izayoi
17. Jubei
18. Bang
19. "Other"
22. Azrael.

Japan loves their incest babies and useless girls.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sadly it's annoying in both english and japanese. You lose no matter what.

Even in CT I have props for Nu players. Once you get past her entry level stuff she starts to become pretty hard to play. Thing was most people sucked ass and lost to the entry level stuff.

Seems like she'll be harder to play now in CP too. Why even make her a stance character? :/

Ah well, maining her either way. Still one of my favourite zone characters in fighting games.

GhaleonQ

I'm reading that a lot of Tsubaki votes were due to her voice actor.

A mod should update the topic title to mention the poll results.

Ah, that makes sense. She's my favorite, but I had no sense that she was that popular with any demographic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seems like she'll be harder to play now in CP too. Why even make her a stance character? :/

Ah well, maining her either way. Still one of my favourite zone characters in fighting games.
She's a stance character so they can fit both playstyles of her into a single character :p Cause even though Lambda looked the same and had pretty much the same sprite sheet she was not the same character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Even if Hazama was naked he'd still be ranked #1!
He was naked in the game :p
qA5Gl4K.png

Antiwhippy

She's a stance character so they can fit both playstyles of her into a single character :p Cause even though Lambda looked the same and had pretty much the same sprite sheet she was not the same character.

Oh I know that, but making normals like 2C or 3C or whatever having different properties for each stance is going to take awhile to get used to.

Busaiku

You know, since they played Active Angel during Arc Revo, I thought Platinum would've ranked a lot higher.
It's terrible that it's not the case.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey, I stayed with lambda even though they took a solid dump on her in CS (well, not really, but I kinda missed beast mode Nu. :p). She's just too much fun to play.

She was good in CS, I would even go to say she was better overall. She just became a lot harder to play. CT Nu wouldn't have lasted a minute in the CS environment.

Noi

Nu got 11th place against some tough competition, I can't complain.

(At least only one of the newcomers beat her.)

Antiwhippy

She was good in CS, I would even go to say she was better overall. She just became a lot harder to play. CT Nu wouldn't have lasted a minute in the CS environment.

Eh, I guess. Beast mode litchi and bang were more of a problem for me to deal with.

Haven't played extend, but I'm excited to get back to BB with CP.

Nu got 11th place against some tough competition, I can't complain.

(At least only one of the newcomers beat her.)
I'm really surprised Bullet ranked so high. I know she's got the boob factor, but so do a lot of other characters.

What else makes her so appealing when we know so little about her?

Tizoc

Japan and their feminism, lol.

Top 10 BB characters:

1. Tsubaki Yayoi
2. Noel Vermillion
3. Hazama
4. Ragna the Bloodedge
5. Jin Kisaragi
6. Makoto Nanaya
7. Hakumen
8. Kokonoe
9. Bullet
10. Rachel Alucard.
Not too surprising, though it's kinda funny that the
character whose birthed through incest won the poll. I sincerely hope it's because they sympathize with the character and not due to some...fetish.
Then again there's Noel and her characterization would appeal to Japan.

Hang on...

11. Nu-13
12. Platinum the Trinity
13. Taokaka
14. Celica A. Mercury
15. Arakune
16. Izayoi
17. Jubei
18. Bang
19. "Other"
22. Azrael.

WHERE IS TAGER!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS AZREAL'S MANLINESS SO LOW?!!?!?
FUCK THIS WORLD!

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a playable Bloodedge yet.

Why would we need Bloodedge
when we have Ragna? Although I guess a one armed style might be interesting. Also special bro quotes for Jubei if he ever gets in. :p

I don't see that ever happening. He's dead as fuck and all the time paradox shit is patched up already.

I don't know. They could pull a "yeah the BB wasn't actually defeated but was sleeping instead with Bloodedge floating around."

Anything's possible but I'm not entertaining a high probability of that happening.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Why would we need Bloodedge
when we have Ragna? Although I guess a one armed style might be interesting. Also special bro quotes for Jubei if he ever gets in. :p

That is exactly why I want him in lol. Would be pretty interesting to me. I'm still hoping that Jubei gets in eventually.

Moonlight

Banned
Not too surprising, though it's kinda funny that the
character whose birthed through incest won the poll. I sincerely hope it's because they sympathize with the character and not due to some...fetish.
Then again there's Noel and her characterization would appeal to Japan.
I think it's been suggested (and it's quite likely) that the reason that Tsubaki placed as high as she did had less to do with her character itself and more to do with her voice actor - you can't beat Asami Imai.

WHERE IS TAGER!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS AZREAL'S MANLINESS SO LOW?!!?!?
FUCK THIS WORLD!
Azrael deserves the spot he was given. His character design wrote the book on trying too hard.

Totally fine with Tsubaki being first. Why is Hazama so high? Is it the hat and suit? The douche attitude?
I imagine it's the intense trolling.

Top Bottom