• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

From the WoW Forums:
zmaybewk0.jpg

Sebb630 @ SC2POD said:
We already have D, O and W, assembled images show this form :

D W
O

So we can expect a full picture will look like this :

D W
A O
S H

So tomorrow, we will have H (Bottom right) or S (Bottom left), and the A (Mid left) will be the D3 box in the Walrus's hands!!!

JohnTinker said:
i am failure :(
No, just shows you're on the curve... I was slightly ahead yesterday.

I_D

AlStrong said:
A circle menu would be a step up from the d-pad.

Eh, not really. It wouldn't be fast enough.

I play almost exclusively PVP in D2, mind you, so things are a bit (a lot) different. Speed is absolutely essential to winning, and unless you play with a keyboard, there's no way you can cycle through spells at a fast enough pace.

User2k

Link648099 said:
Blizzard is one of the last remaining kings who have yet to cede their power to the console realm. They have the market cornered almost, and there is very little incentive for them to shake up their teams' specializations and all of a sudden flip to consoles. Diablo III will be PC primarily. Possibly brought to consoles later.
2d7a4310fca08569cb302010.L.jpg

I know it wasn't primary, just thought I'de bring it up.

Minsc

Gold Member
Durante said:
Nightmare isn't high-level. It's the second of two short phases you go through before starting with the actual game :D

It's still high enough level that things get more interesting (enemies sporting improved resistances, etc). I never played long enough to make it to Hell, but what I enjoyed playing most was soloing with 6 or 7 other people in a totally different area so everything is pumped up and much harder.

I never "cheated" my way through it though. Getting to Hell isn't hard when you just sit along side a lvl 70 or 80 person who speeds you through the game twice in an hour or less.

I do admit Hell is a whole different game. Builds that are wrong apparently get ripped apart quickly there, and elemental damage and resistances play a much bigger role.

Twig

Banned
Link648099 said:
Also, what exactly were you implying by posting that image?
Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that Blizzard has released games on consoles before.

I have no clue why you reacted as you did.

Minsc

Gold Member
Immortal_Daemon said:
Eh, not really. It wouldn't be fast enough.

I play almost exclusively PVP in D2, mind you, so things are a bit (a lot) different. Speed is absolutely essential to winning, and unless you play with a keyboard, there's no way you can cycle through spells at a fast enough pace.

Don't forget you need to be able to accurately target powers all over the screen instantly. Jumping to various spots, leading spells where being a split second late is the difference between hitting or missing, and dodging everything going after you, Diablo easily can have as many 'actions per second' as a heavy micro-managing RTS game.

Philthy

Diablo 3 on consoles would have to be a pretty different game, really. I think they could do a good job making an action RPG on a console, but it wouldn't be "Diablo" if you weren't up to your neck in creatures frantically casting spells on specific named creatures in the middle of them all and running for your life when you realize you just aren't going to live very long.

I know they made 1 or 2 on the PSX or PS2, how did that turn out? Could it even be called a Diablo game?

Despite all the rumors and insiders and convoluted theories, I doubt this is about Diablo 3. Ice and a walrus? I can't think of anything that says NOT DIABLO 3 more than that.

If Blizzard ends up making a console game, it needs to be different. Something like StarCraft: Ghost.

PhlegmMaster said:
Despite all the rumors and insiders and convoluted theories, I doubt this is about Diablo 3. Ice and a walrus? I can't think of anything that says NOT DIABLO 3 more than that.
Yeah. I'm expecting to be disappointed.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Is there anywhere I can download a demo for Diablo one and two? I never played the game and I wanted to see what all the excitement is about.

Torquill

I think the extrapolation of a pentagram based on those 5 points is a stretch. You could make a circle, a pentagon, or a 5 pointed asterisk.

Menmanelf

I also have a ticket, gonna pick up a the t-shirts and hat :p.

Still annoyed they havn't announced what's in the goody bag in any detail. :(

Achtius

Minsc said:
Don't forget you need to be able to accurately target powers all over the screen instantly. Jumping to various spots, leading spells where being a split second late is the difference between hitting or missing, and dodging everything going after you, Diablo easily can have as many 'actions per second' as a heavy micro-managing RTS game.

That is true, except for Barb. All they do is WW, WW and more WW.

Evlar

Banned
Wollan said:
A mighty fine port I might add. 2p co-op ftw.
That was my introduction to Diablo, and still to this day my best co-op memory. (Halo:CE is close but didn't last as long, and unfortunately I never played Diablo 2 online much. I put MMOs in a different category).

firex

Achtius said:
That is true, except for Barb. All they do is WW, WW and more WW.
lol no.
You can use WW if you want but most barbs built to solo ubers are frenzy or concentrate with 1 point into Berserk.

With how Diablo II ended, I don't see how there could be a another game, story wise....

Although, I couldn't see how there could be Paladins on the horde either, so I guess anything is possible.

Minsc

Gold Member
Just make a nice HD 30 second teaser video and release right after the event, like the Starcraft 2 one with the marine/convict suiting up.

I don't even need a real screenshot yet. That can wait at least a few weeks until after the announcement.

Won

All I want is confirmation that Blizzard releases something this year. I probably won't be able to live a normale life with an announced title for every franchise.

Teknoman

This better be true. The only Diablo site I have experience with is Planet Diablo, so I hope you guys are right about credibility.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Just got finished playing Diablo 1 demo. It was kinda boring :/. Is it possible to just skip Diablo 1 and just go on to Diablo 2 without missing out on the story?

firex

Door2Dawn said:
Just got finished playing Diablo 1 demo. It was kinda boring :/. Is it possible to just skip Diablo 1 and just go on to Diablo 2 without missing out on the story?
absolutely. I got into the games with d2 first, and barely played the original. It's a huge step backwards in terms of virtually everything except maybe atmosphere.

User2k

Won said:
All I want is confirmation that Blizzard releases something this year. I probably won't be able to live a normale life with an announced title for every franchise.

:lol
You and me both.

Won said:

Truer words were never spoken. You know we are looking at just Wrath for this year though. =/

Wrath 08
Starcraft 09
Diablo 10

And if I'm being completely realistic and looking back at Blizzard through the years it's more like Wrath 08, Starcraft 09, WoW expansion 3 10, Diablo 11. =/ =/ =/

Teknoman

echoshifting said:
Truer words were never spoken. You know we are looking at just Wrath for this year though. =/

Wrath 08
Starcraft 09
Diablo 10

And if I'm being completely realistic and looking back at Blizzard through the years it's more like Wrath 08, Starcraft 09, WoW expansion 3 10, Diablo 11. =/ =/ =/

What if Diablo III was just Project Hydra though? Hasnt that been in development since well...Diablo II's release? Forget 2010 for DIII...thats just too long.

Twig

Banned
Teknoman said:
What if Diablo III was just Project Hydra though? Hasnt that been in development since well...Diablo II's release? Forget 2010 for DIII...thats just too long.
But... what if Hydra is SOMETHING ELSE? O: O: O: O: O:

(Who am I kidding.)

Minsc

Gold Member
echoshifting said:

Wrath 08
Starcraft 09
Diablo 10

Put the expansions in and it packs a little more.

'08 - Wrath
'09 - Starcraft II
'10 - Diablo 3 + Starcraft II Expansion
'11 - Diablo 3 Expansion
'12 - WoW 2?

or maybe

'08 - Wrath + Starcraft II
'09 - Diablo 3 + Starcraft II Expansion
'10 - Diablo 3 Expansion
'11 - WoW 2?

H.Cornerstone said:
With how Diablo II ended, I don't see how there could be a another game, story wise....

Diablo II ended with like a billion more bucks in Blizzard's coffers and you can't stretch your imagination enough to figure out how there could be more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom