• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Image2.jpg

Anyone else think so?

(or me being my normal paranoid self?)

Mallika

Darklord said:
Anyone else think so?
Yep, a couple of people posted that on the previous pages. That was when my heart kind of leaped a little and I started to believe, despite not wanting to do so for fear of huge megaton disappointment. :lol

Darklord

Banned
Mallika said:
Yep, a couple of people posted that on the previous pages. That was when my heart kind of leaped a little and I started to believe, despite not wanting to do so for fear of huge megaton disappointment. :lol

They did? Ah I didn't notice. I'm happy I'm not the only one.:D

Philthy

Saya said:
This countdown and teasing has made me rebuy Diablo II + the Lord of Destruction expansion! :D

Worth every penny! Runs on PC and Macs out of the box which is awesome.

They patched the game a week back, and it's still as fun as ever if you haven't played it in 7 years.

Ben Sones

Darklord said:
Image2.jpg

Anyone else think so?

I still think this is wishful thinking. The Lich King also has glowy eyes like that. And if you scroll down that page, you'll also find ice shards that look exactly like the ones on the teaser page. Blizzard may or may not be planning to announce something new, but this teaser page is almost certainly WotLK-related.

Yaweee

In terms of lore...

Ner'Zhul is still frozen inside the Frozen Throne. If it were WoW related, the obvious connection is that him breaking free of the Frozen Throne is part of Wrath storyline.

Ben Sones

TheOneGuy said:
Arthas' eyes are much closer together. And much bigger and glowier.

Well, they probably aren't using the exact same piece of art. The image on the WotLK page is an animated flash image, and the eyes sort of pulse and emit smoke. But they look essentially similar, and unlike the Diablo II box cover, they are the right color.

Twig

Banned
Ben Sones said:
Well, they probably aren't using the exact same piece of art. The image on the WotLK page is an animated flash image, and the eyes sort of pulse and emit smoke. But they look essentially similar, and unlike the Diablo II box cover, they are the right color.
It may be a different piece of art, but Blizzard is pretty consistent. They wouldn't give Arthas an extra inch between the eyes for the sake of a different piece of art.

And Arthas' eyes are blue. The eyes in the teaser image are white.

EDIT: Furthermore, Arthas' entire eyes are glowing. Like I said before, they're too big.

In these eyes, it's just the pupils.
Image2.jpg

Evlar

Banned
Philthy said:
Worth every penny! Runs on PC and Macs out of the box which is awesome.

They patched the game a week back, and it's still as fun as ever if you haven't played it in 7 years.
Unfortunately my launch copy of Diablo II is Windows-only. I spent most of last night trying to get it installed on my Mac through one trick or another, no luck.

CassSept

duckroll said:
It might br DST, because as I said, I'm at GMT+8, and it updates a few minutes after 3 PM every day. GMT+1 would hence be 8 AM. There's no such thing as DST here, so I wouldn't know how that works. :)
Yeah, DST is the reason then. We turn clocks one hour forward, so if you don't have it, difference ebtween GMT+1 and GMT+8 becomes 6 hours instead of 7 hours.
PS. DST sucks hard

Dever

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
It may be a different piece of art, but Blizzard is pretty consistent. They wouldn't give Arthas an extra inch between the eyes for the sake of a different piece of art.

EDIT: Furthermore, Arthas' entire eyes are glowing. Like I said before, they're too big.

Image2.jpg

Also, aren't the eyes way too far apart from each other to be Arthas's?

wrath-art-arthas.jpg

To answer my own question, yes they are.

edit: oh wow, I didn't read the beginning of your post. /slaps self :lol But that's still way more than "an extra inch"

duckroll

CassSept said:
Yeah, DST is the reason then. We turn clocks one hour forward, so if you don't have it, difference ebtween GMT+1 and GMT+8 becomes 6 hours instead of 7 hours.
PS. DST sucks hard

Ah, that makes sense. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with something like that, what a pain in the ass.

CassSept

duckroll said:
Ah, that makes sense. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with something like that, what a pain in the ass.
You get used to it, but damn, it sure is annoying as hell.

Ps. Bonus! As nobody posted it yet, here it is:

pedobear_blizz_splash2by_doom.jpg

Ben Sones

TheOneGuy said:

Image2.jpg

If Blizzard is so consistent, then why aren't the eyes orange?

0917wow03xp7L2pK715.jpg

Sorry, not convinced. They frequently render Arthas' eyes as having glowing pupils.

Ben Sones

TheOneGuy said:
...You can't be seriously asking that question.

Is that before or after he becomes the Lich King?

It's before, I suppose. Even so, I very much am seriously asking why the eyes aren't orange, and why they are surrounded by ice that is right off the WotLK box cover. You are calling out only the details that support the Diablo 3 theory, but ignoring a whole bunch that don't. That teaser page practically screams "Wrath of the Lich King."

Twig

Banned
Ben Sones said:
It's before, I suppose. Even so, I very much am seriously asking why the eyes aren't orange, and why they are surrounded by ice that is right off the WotLK box cover. You are calling out only the details that support the Diablo 3 theory, but ignoring a whole bunch that don't. That teaser page practically screams "Wrath of the Lich King."
If that's Arthas before he goes Lich King, you can't very well use it as evidence that the eyes in the teaser might be Arthas'. Why aren't the eyes blue? If it is Arthas, they should be blue.

The company's name is "Blizzard." Don't think ice could have come from that, do ya?

If it "screams" WotLK, why are there Diablo and Starcraft references? We have confirmation that there WILL be a new game announced this Saturday.

You're calling out only the details that support the WotLK theory, but ignoring a whole bunch that don't!

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
momolicious said:
the eyes look exactly the same as on arthas

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

Scenario A:
The teaser is for Wrath of the Lich King, but at the WWI, at the last minute, they will say "Oh yeah, here's Diablo 3 by the way".

Scenario B:
It will be revealed as Wrath tomorrow. Saturday, Arthas will appear dead with Diablo having sliced his head off. Then Duke Nukem will be shitting down his neck. Diablo III Forever!

Scenario C:
It's Diablo III.

Twig

Banned
Rukes said:
Scenario B:
It will be revealed as Wrath tomorrow. Saturday, Arathas will appear dead with Diabl having sliced his head off. Then Duke Nukem will be shitting down his neck. Diablo III Forever!
Believe.

duckroll

This thread is a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Just like last year, some fans don't want to be disappointed, so they're having low expectations, while others simply WANT to believe and are latching on to every hint that might or might not be there. :D

Mallika

duckroll said:
This thread is a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Just like last year, some fans don't want to be disappointed, so they're having low expectations, while others simply WANT to believe and are latching on to every hint that might or might not be there. :D
Yeah, whenever I come back into the thread and read the back-and-forth about whether it's Diablo 3, I sort of get the urge to hurl from all the pent-up excitement and effort of trying not to expect anything.

Xater

duckroll said:

Well if it isn't Diablo 3 I will probably be disappointed but any new Blizzard game is a good thing. I simply love everything Blizzard. The only thing that comes close is my love for MGS. :lol

Ben Sones

TheOneGuy said:
Why aren't the eyes blue? If it is Arthas, they should be blue.

And if it is Diablo, then they should be orange. So can we consider that confirmation that it's neither?

Whatever it is, we'll find out soon enough.

Twig

Banned
Ben Sones said:
And if it is Diablo, then they should be orange. So can we consider that confirmation that it's neither?

Well, I was trying to say that color doesn't matter. Which is something you were implying, that it DID matter.
duckroll said:
Fuckin' right!

Doubters will eat crow!

(Am I doing it right?)

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
duckroll said:

Yes, but some of us might know more about Diablo III than everyone else ;)

Fonds

Ben Sones said:

Everybody is pretty much going on on the estimation that they are eyes. They don't have to be.
Furthermore, Ice isnt just WotLK related. Think the last act in Diablo 2?

Fjolle

duckroll said:
You should see how people act on other forums.. Some of the theories are more far fetched than those 911 conspiracy things..

Like:
http://www.battle.net/images/splash_diablo.jpg

Oh. 10. 7. 05 cant be a date. It must be 10+7+5=22, that was the date they started the teaser. It must mean something

sigh...

Ben Sones

TheOneGuy said:
Well, I was trying to say that color doesn't matter. Which is something you were implying, that it DID matter.

But my point is that this is why your reasoning is inconsistent. I pointed out that Arthas also has glowy eyes like that, and you countered that they aren't exactly the same, and little details matter! But when I pointed out that they aren't exactly the same as the Diablo II box cover, either, you claimed that well, that particular little detail doesn't matter.

So basically, little details only matter if they support the "Diablo 3" theory, and can be ignored if they don't. Like I said: there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here.

Ben Sones

Fonds said:
Furthermore, Ice isnt just WotLK related. Think the last act in Diablo 2?

This particular ice is identical to the ice on the WotLK site, though--right down to the way it sort of glows at the edges. This thread needs a serious dose of Occam's Razor.

Twig

Banned
Ben Sones said:
But my point is that this is why your reasoning is inconsistent. I pointed out that Arthas also has glowy eyes like that, and you countered that they aren't exactly the same, and little details matter!
No. I'm saying they aren't even similar, except in being eyes.

\:

Stop being an arrogant asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom