• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Saya said:
This countdown and teasing has made me rebuy Diablo II + the Lord of Destruction expansion! :D

I was just about to say that.

Damn all the great sequels are playing hell with the game prices on eBay and such.

duckroll

evlcookie said:
So WWI is on the 28th / 29th, correct?

That means we are going to get the purple dude complete on the 27th, which wouldnt make much sense.

Ack what the fuck are you doing to us blizz.

The teaser updates at 12 midnight every day where Blizzard is. That is about 8 AM in Paris, where WWI will be taking place. This means there are 2 more updates. The purple dude will be complete at 8 AM in Paris on the first day that WWI will be taking place. Makes perfect sense to me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
duckroll said:
The teaser updates at 12 midnight every day where Blizzard is. That is about 8 AM in Paris, where WWI will be taking place. This means there are 2 more updates. The purple dude will be complete at 8 AM in Paris on the first day that WWI will be taking place. Makes perfect sense to me.

Yea :lol , i just edited my post after checking what time it is in paris.

Rur0ni

Holy fucking shit @ the eyes.

And HOLY SHIT FUCK @ the Pentagram/Lost comparison.

Does anyone recognize the 4th rune? We know the 1st maybe Warcraft, 2nd is Diablo Hel, 3rd is a Starcraft rune. What is this 4th rune? There should be only 1 more rune for a pentagram.

panda21

woah! i was going to post yesterday saying if the next numbers are 8 16 and 42... but i thought naah it can't actually be the lost numbers, must just be a coincidence so far..

and just to reiterate the valenzetti equation isn't actually real, they made it all up for LOST.

[HP]

diablo3eq4.jpg

:D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rur0ni said:
Holy fucking shit @ the eyes.

And HOLY SHIT FUCK @ the Pentagram/Lost comparison.

Does anyone recognize the 4th rune? We know the 1st maybe Warcraft, 2nd is Diablo Hel, 3rd is a Starcraft rune. What is this 4th rune? There should be only 1 more rune for a pentagram.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/26/splash-screen-changes-for-june-26th/

"As expected, a new rune has appeared as well, bringing the tally to four. This rune, located to the lower right of the cracking ice, looks like nothing so much as a miniature solar system model -- perhaps related to this model seen during April Fool's? Diablofans.com has suggested it may be a top-down view of an Arcane Sanctum from Warcraft 3 and WoW (You can see one at the Scryer's base in Shadowmoon) as well."

Xater

Dear Blizzard employees,

I know you are reading this shit here and you probably think it is funny. But you have to realize that you are torturing us! JUST GIVE US OUR DIABLO 3 ALREADY! AAAAARRRRRGH

Sincere regards

Xater.

:D

hitsugi

so I'm going to end up in a mental hospital by saturday.. this is fucking nuts, blizz. COME ON. DAYS FEEL LIKE MONTHS NOW.

Tenks

Source: http://www.diabloii.net/n/667423/diablo-3-announcement-at-wwi

(Reliable site for anyone who followed Diablo2's development & beta)

Quote:

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.

I want to believe. Diablo2 is one of the greatest masterpieces of our time.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wouldn't be surprised if SC2/Wotlk/D3 supported dx10.1. More sc2 & d3 compared to wrath but it might have an option for it.

Mallika

As the rumors/articles/clues come in, I'm finding myself starting to believe that the announcement actually is Diablo 3. Don't let us down, Blizzard!

Saya said:
I couldn't find mine anymore, so I just ordered it today. Luckily, these games are cheap and still available everywhere! :D
Found it! When I moved, I'd chucked the tin battle chest and had put the discs inside a DVD bag. Finally found the right one, and will be installing in a minute. I should go register my key on Blizzard's site or something, and when they finally make downloads available that would take care of hunting discs again. :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
*waits for Chris Remo to explode after Diablo3 announcement on saturday*

So 18hrs to go or so? So glad this will be revealed durring saturday arvo for me, saves me staying up.

So to prepare, any places doing a live coverage? Or too early to find out?

Dina

Still can be anything. Eyes look like diablo, space assumes that it's starcraft, runes suggest it either diablo, starcraft or warcraft.

Kudo's to blizzard to keeping us at their leash for 4 days, and probably 3 more.

CassSept

duckroll said:
Actually, it's exactly 9AM in Paris.
The site has so far been updated at 9AM every day in GMT+1 time zone, so i guess that's when we will learn about DIABLO III!

duckroll

CassSept said:
Actually, it's exactly 9AM in Paris.
The site has so far been updated at 9AM every day in GMT+1 time zone, so i guess that's when we will learn about DIABLO III!

Are you sure? I'm GMT+8 here and it's been updating a tad after 3 PM everyday so far.

Owensboro

I order to placate my intese need for more news, I demand more photoshops! Seriously, it is the only thing that keeps the hype-monster at bay. MORE!

CassSept

duckroll said:
Are you sure? I'm GMT+8 here and it's been updating a tad after 3 PM everyday so far.
Yes I'm sure. I live in Poland, which is DEFINITELY GMT+1, always been that way, always will, and so far all the updates were at exactly 9AM. Maybe it's something with DST?

duckroll

CassSept said:
Yes I'm sure. I live in Poland, which is DEFINITELY GMT+1, always been that way, always will, and so far all the updates were at exactly 9AM. Maybe it's something with DST?

It might br DST, because as I said, I'm at GMT+8, and it updates a few minutes after 3 PM every day. GMT+1 would hence be 8 AM. There's no such thing as DST here, so I wouldn't know how that works. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The ice breaks even more! I want this to be Diablo, SO SO BADLY.

(also a new IP with Diablo gameplay would be just as awesome)

NarcissisticJay said:
Ahh now Im confused - when do we find out? x.x
At the Blizzard event in Paris which is on this weekend, the 28th & 29th.

Edit: Woops, Freudian slip because I'm pretty sure it'll be on the first day, the 28th.

Fonds

evlcookie said:
I wouldn't be surprised if SC2/Wotlk/D3 supported dx10.1. More sc2 & d3 compared to wrath but it might have an option for it.

How are they ever going to incorporate DX10.1 in WotLK? That means not just rewriting the entire engine, it means redoing all of the already implemented areas.

That would be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom