• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Character reveal (Leak)

Are the good combo's hard to do in this? Like compared to GG/Blazblue/StreetFighter?
There aren't really "combos" as there are in other fighters. There are very few actually... This video below? I want to say at least half of those situations weren't actually guaranteed, if not more.

I really, really hope he's playing on super-duper-extra life because the damage on everything seems fairly weak considering how damaging those actually look. I did laugh at the Leon item at the end.

DR2K

Banned
There aren't really "combos" as there are in other fighters. There are very few actually... This video below? I want to say at least half of those situations weren't actually guaranteed, if not more.

I really, really hope he's playing on super-duper-extra life because the damage on everything seems fairly weak considering how damaging those actually look. I did laugh at the Leon item at the end.

Largest life.

Dany

Banned
Man this thread is impenetrable to me. Which sucks, I like Doa but I don't really care for the 'hot chicks'

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
From what I remember of the last time I played it was definitely something like that.

I also remember people spamming the counters like no tomorrow. Are they harder to do in this version?

Or are you expected to bait them and punish?

Still easy to do, but they are greatly toned down

DR2K

Banned
From what I remember of the last time I played it was definitely something like that.

I also remember people spamming the counters like no tomorrow. Are they harder to do in this version?

Or are you expected to bait them and punish?

They've been nerfed in sevral ways.

-They do less damage

-There are now stuns where it's impossible to hold out of or need to be slow escaped in order to do so.

-You can no longer hold when knocked into wall

-Enviormental hazards like getting knocked into a chair can not be held out of

-Everything that could punish it has remained the same or been buffed example: throw damage on a character that holds)

-Guard breaks can not be held out of immediately

Top Bottom