• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

Memory

Sigh, more underage school girls being being portrayed as sexual objects in my japanese games.

Still getting it for the fighting

Eolz

B-but she's actually a thousand years old dragon or something so it's totally ok.

There's a 1000+ years old demon in the currebt roster if you want (Nyotengu).

It seems like Hayashi has the same big breast fetish that Itagaki seemed to have when he was at Team Ninja. Do you think that was a common interest that they used to discuss?

It's part of the series DNA, even if it isn't as exaggerated as before. Part of the reason people were really surprised when Marie Rose was revealed.

Has it really taken this long for DOA to have a schoolgirl fetish character?

If you don't count some parts of the story and secondary costumes, yeah.

She had better have an interesting moveset (although "own style" typically means generic mishmash), considering that all the girls already have an optional school girl outfit (at least the younger ones).

Maid

Banned
LOL they should have picked Nico best girl

Twintails supreme!

But we already had one.

doamarie_thumb.jpg

Given how most Japanese fans had said Ike (of Fire Emblem fame) looked like a "gorilla", don't count on it.
Uh, what? It wasn't "most" Japanese fans. It was a random sampling of board posts gathered in a Kotaku article.

Also, lots of the "gorilla" comments are not even meant to be disparaging, just general slang for a muscular dude.

Water

One day, I hope we will get a bulkier woman.

I'm putting in my vote for Vanessa from Virtua Fighter 4. Not exactly bulky, but pretty swole and super ripped. And a brutal style characterized by steady footing, heavy blows that crush and stun the opponent, simple and painful throws and reversals, not flashy / floaty / poky stuff we've come to expect from female FG characters.

(Especially since she's not in Virtua Fighter 5. Yeah, yeah, there's a white-skinned botox-faced boobmonster doppleganger in the game with the same name and fighting style, but I refuse to recognize that as the same character...)

Maid

Banned
Given how most Japanese fans had said Ike (of Fire Emblem fame) looked like a "gorilla", don't count on it.

Like how Gaf's opinion represents the whole gaming industry, right?

Also, "gorilla" is just a slang to describe a muscular/crude character. It has nothing to do with the actual gorilla. Don't spread wrong interpretation if you don't really understand it. Like "Mansion" in Japan is actually for describing apartment.

GorillaJu

I've seen a lot of what you might call "chubby" looking girls, by Japanese standards, being sexualized lately at toy festivals. There's a character whose name I don't know but I see a lot of figures for, who has headphones on and is way chunkier than any of the dead or alive girls. And I think idol groups now have token "fat girls" in their groups—again, fat by Japanese standards.

This character seems like she'll be in that trend. Seems like tastes are shifting a little.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've seen a lot of what you might call "chubby" looking girls, by Japanese standards, being sexualized lately at toy festivals. There's a character whose name I don't know but I see a lot of figures for, who has headphones on and is way chunkier than any of the dead or alive girls. And I think idol groups now have token "fat girls" in their groups—again, fat by Japanese standards.

This character seems like she'll be in that trend. Seems like tastes are shifting a little.
Was it Super Sonico?
250px-Supersonicocharacter.jpg

IvorB

Oh my god! It's a young, pretty school girl in a skimpy outfit. Who would have thought?? Knock me over with a feather. I've never seen such thinking outside the box from a fighting game dev before. This is really unprecedented.

JoJoSono

Banned
I was hoping for an older looking girl and I hope by plump they actually mean she's actually thick. Can't really tell by the pictures, but I'm just feeling a big meh from this. Hope she plays well, but I bet she's just another shitty moe character like Marie Rose(who is actually fun to play though).

Top Bottom