• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So I figure this is the best place to ask, is there anywhere to pre order the digital version and get any bonuses?

Also slightly on topic, I just hope if they make another doax that it had two player local. The lack of multiplayer offline made me stop playing that game entirely.

eMpTy23

So I figure this is the best place to ask, is there anywhere to pre order the digital version and get any bonuses?

Also slightly on topic, I just hope if they make another doax that it had two player local. The lack of multiplayer offline made me stop playing that game entirely.

Well, it depends what platform you're asking about.

Squire

Banned
I'm just thinking from an AAA perspective.

To Publishers, anything that doesn't sell 1 million copies is a bomba. And with Japan getting increasingly smaller, that risk looks higher.

Of course, it's not impossible, and it could even be budgeted appropriately depending on what they recycle.

I see where you're coming from.

For them though, it'd be stupid not to do XBV3 with the same content model as what they've done with Core Fighters. They pay lip service to the FGC by holding tournaments and putting up some prize money, but the costumes and now CF are clearly what's made the game profitable. They can make XBV3 on probably the same budget as DOA5 with an expectation of even higher sales for the DLC because all they would be making are swimsuits.

Every move they've made has shown they're not thinking as bullheadly as an EA or Ubi might. They know they're niche and they're catering to it.

FHIZ

Neither console has digital preorders up yet. I too am hooping they show up and offer bonuses.

Timu

6xVEk.jpg

Gotta go with new on this one.

ShinMaruku

I'm just thinking from an AAA perspective.

To Publishers, anything that doesn't sell 1 million copies is a bomba. And with Japan getting increasingly smaller, that risk looks higher.

Of course, it's not impossible, and it could even be budgeted appropriately depending on what they recycle.
Tecmo Koei is not one of those companies. Also their games are more international than most other Japanese companies. As for NG not making profit? From what they learned from sigma to DOA5u they won't have issues with making money off the game.
Nobody does dlc like Koei and I don't think anybody outside of the huge mobas have the margins they have/

I see where you're coming from.

For them though, it'd be stupid not to do XBV3 with the same content model as what they've done with Core Fighters. They pay lip service to the FGC by holding tournaments and putting up some prize money, but the costumes and now CF are clearly what's made the game profitable. They can make XBV3 on probably the same budget as DOA5 with an expectation of even higher sales for the DLC because all they would be making are swimsuits.

Every move they've made has shown they're not thinking as bullheadly as an EA or Ubi might. They know they're niche and they're catering to it.

Everyone who entered Summer Jam 8 & NEC 15 got free costume sets and I think a DLC code for Nyotengu. They also had a shit ton of stuff to giveaway. Oppai mousepads, games, t-shirts. Tom Lee was there. I got a picture with him. Had I known he was going to be there I would have brought my game to get signed. Going to Winter Brawl 9 here in February for the first tournament for Last Round and hopefully he will be there again. I ran the tournament brackets for DOA at Kumite in Tennessee XV. It was a great experience.

As a side note, if Tecmo Koei was really in a tight spot for money they would feather back on the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors titles among other things. Theres both a new Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors as well as the port and updated version of Toukiden. They can afford to make Xtreme 3, as someone previously stated, no one does DLC like Koei. I took a look last night just for S-n-G's at the DLC on the Sony Store. Theres like 530 different DLC options for sale... They wouldnt be there if people didnt buy them. Just saying..

Squire

Banned
Everyone who entered Summer Jam 8 & NEC 15 got free costume sets and I think a DLC code for Nyotengu. They also had a shit ton of stuff to giveaway. Oppai mousepads, games, t-shirts. Tom Lee was there. I got a picture with him. Had I known he was going to be there I would have brought my game to get signed. Going to Winter Brawl 9 here in February for the first tournament for Last Round and hopefully he will be there again. I ran the tournament brackets for DOA at Kumite in Tennessee XV. It was a great experience.

As a side note, if Tecmo Koei was really in a tight spot for money they would feather back on the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors titles among other things. Theres both a new Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors as well as the port and updated version of Toukiden. They can afford to make Xtreme 3, as someone previously stated, no one does DLC like Koei. I took a look last night just for S-n-G's at the DLC on the Sony Store. Theres like 530 different DLC options for sale... They wouldnt be there if people didnt buy them. Just saying..

I honestly can't tell what you're just saying since you didn't really dispute anything I said.

Hubb

Has it been confirmed whether or not the PC will be current gen or last gen?

Confirmation? No. An "insider" said that they are still actively working on the port and trying to make it 1:1 with current gen (or better).

D3RANG3D

Confirmation? No. An "insider" said that they are still actively working on the port and trying to make it 1:1 with current gen (or better).

I am worried about it being the last gen version, now more so since the Hyper Dimension Neptunia port has pretty high specs too.

I am worried about it being the last gen version, now more so since the Hyper Dimension Neptunia port has pretty high specs too.
I am a little concerned too, especially since this page does not mention Steam in the part that talks about current gen features:
*New stages, hairstyles, costume options UI, and skin shader technology only available on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
But then again they don't seem to be mentioning Steam much at all. The incomplete DOA5LR page on Steam and the 'coming soon' thing on that product information page I just linked point to them just not having got around to releasing much info on the PC version.

People on Steam forums raise some good points about it being more tedious to port from PS3 / Xbox360 versions since now everything has the same architecture, but silence from any company always has me assuming the worst.

Edit: I have just seen your avatar, hahaha.

D3RANG3D

I am a little concerned too, especially since this page does not mention Steam in the part that talks about current gen features:

But then again they don't seem to be mentioning Steam much at all. The incomplete DOA5LR page on Steam and the 'coming soon' thing on that product information page I just linked point to them just not having got around to releasing much info on the PC version.

People on Steam forums raise some good points about it being more tedious to port from PS3 / Xbox360 versions since now everything has the same architecture, but silence from any company always has me assuming the worst.

Edit: I have just seen your avatar, hahaha.

Got to know if those soft body physics are a go. :3

eMpTy23

I missed the stream due to my being at class, but apparently there will be information on the PC version next week. I haven't seen anyone say a specific day of the week though.

ShinMaruku

Never played any of the series. Is this game easy to play? Or is it like Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 4?

Has a great training mode, as for easy to play, some characters are hard as hell to use, but in general, most accessible fighting game in my view.

Kssio_Aug

Has a great training mode, as for easy to play, some characters are hard as hell to use, but in general, most accessible fighting game in my view.

And is it more recommended to use a controller or a arcade stick? I do not enjoy those games where you're almost useless without an arcade fighting stick.

Watched a trailer, and the game looks pretty fast! I liked that.

Never played any of the series. Is this game easy to play? Or is it like Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 4?
Not at all, I suck at fighters and get my ass beaten by those two 2D fighters, even on easy. DoA I really enjoy though, you can crank it down to a level any beginner can playthrough. There's even a rather okay storymode to play through! One of the best fighters to invite a friend to play and just have lots of fun imo. And hey there's mostly chicks to fight with too that hardly are bad on the eyes :)

Kssio_Aug

Not at all, I suck at fighters and get my ass beaten by those two 2D fighters, even on easy. DoA I really enjoy though, you can crank it down to a level any beginner can playthrough. There's even a rather okay storymode to play through! One of the best fighters to invite a friend to play and just have lots of fun imo. And hey there's mostly chicks to fight with too that hardly are bad on the eyes :)

Thanks! I guess that I give it a chance, and may buy it for Xbox One. I want a good fight game that is just fun to play.

Game was first made with a pad in mind. I have a stick and I use my pad over my stick. It's all preference.

Cool! Thanks for that!!

ShinMaruku

And is it more recommended to use a controller or a arcade stick? I do not enjoy those games where you're almost useless without an arcade fighting stick.

Watched a trailer, and the game looks pretty fast! I liked that.

Game was first made with a pad in mind. I have a stick and I use my pad over my stick. It's all preference.

Top Bottom