• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

Silky

Banned
When she's in clothes her breasts look like they hurt being concealed.

But in a bikini she looks fine.

Ah she's okay I guess.

She's no mila tho

I don't think Arcade has her yet..

some new gravure shots

54B8B83B4272F40025

54B8B83B42746A0023

54B8B83C42701C0029

Good lord...they really did a hell of a job with the DOA5 characters, with giving them more life, and not looking like dolls like the DOA girls used to in previous games. Because they used to be so doll like, I wasn't really that into them because of the lifeless looking features, but that's not the case in DOA5.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Good lord...they really did a hell of a job with the DOA5 characters, with giving them more life, and not looking like dolls like the DOA girls used to in previous games. Because they used to be so doll like, I wasn't really that into them because of the lifeless looking features, but that's not the case in DOA5.

Oh my, oh my

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

... Where have you been since the DOA5 announcement?

In any case, I'm hoping the PC version will get a mod that'll let me replace the older characters with the "realdoll"/DOA4 and earlier versions of them just for the graphic comparisons.

Skilletor

... Where have you been since the DOA5 announcement?

In any case, I'm hoping the PC version will get a mod that'll let me replace the older characters with the "realdoll"/DOA4 and earlier versions of them just for the graphic comparisons.

Yeah, it's a huge difference:

kasumi-doa4-vs-doa5.jpg~original

These are compared to the DoaX2 models:

Kokorocomparison.png~original

Kasumicomparison.png~original

Can't wait to see what they do with DoA6.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ In previous games it was the opposite. The level design was way better than the creepy doll models that all had the same proportions since DOA2 aka Arcades almost 20 years ago. In DOA6, the goal should be to equalize the two sides.

They said ps4/xb1. That's just PS4 or XB1. Not both. :p

:p :p :p

Skilletor

Level design that doesn't pale in comparison to the revamped character design would be a start. That's one thing I'd give to past DOA games, the quality consistency.

I'd like a return to more DoA2-like stages. DoA2U still has the best stages in the series.

Hoping for more weather effects as well, another thing DoA2 had with rain/lighting/thunder.

Inuhanyou

I'd like a return to more DoA2-like stages. DoA2U still has the best stages in the series.

Hoping for more weather effects as well, another thing DoA2 had with rain/lighting/thunder.

Well DOA2U did....i dont recall if DOA2 vanilla had any of those things...outside that one snow level...but DOA2U really upgraded everything and made it spitshine

Inuhanyou

Yeah, I meant DoA2U.

Just watched most of this vid. It really was ahead of its time graphically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0el5mtVQA

Watching a youtube video is nothing compared to playing it for yourself. I was playing DOA2U a few days ago upscaled to 1080p on 360(every original xbox game gets 2xMSAA free sample on 360), and that snow stage(which was in dead or alive 2 HC but during spring) at the end of the video is just revelatory with all the particles and deformable snow and great lightning effects. Puts to shame a lot of 7th gen fighting games graphically, including DOA5.

What was really weird was how every surface looked way higher res that DOA5's stages, even on only 64mb of ram.

synce

Yeah, it's a huge difference:

kasumi-doa4-vs-doa5.jpg~original

These are compared to the DoaX2 models:

Kokorocomparison.png~original

Kasumicomparison.png~original

Can't wait to see what they do with DoA6.

I guess the new ones are easier for people to fap to but I prefer the old ones. A few characters still look cute in 5 but most of them lost their charm, in particular Christie and Tina

Skilletor

I guess the new ones are easier for people to fap to but I prefer the old ones. A few characters still look cute in 5 but most of them lost their charm, in particular Christie and Tina

Not surprised you'd say that, since you seem to prefer everything from the Itagaki DoAs. /shrug

I'll take this:

460px-Tina_Glamour_1bmp.png~original

over this:

doa4_wp-tina_10242.jpg~original

And it has nothing to do with it being "easier to fap to."

Ultimadrago

There's a reason I suddenly started to give a damn about DoA!

Ferr986

I would say they are more iconic now that they have more different face models between them (well, except Honoka having Marie's face)

dreamfall

I'm so ready for this on Steam. No online (3 months?) will be sad, but still really excited to plug in a stick and just practice!

Inuhanyou

The old models have facial expressions like those dolls you practice CPR on.

They didn't have any facial expressions at all in game, even when they were talking during cut-scenes, the mouths only moved. It was a stark contrast with DOA Dimensions on 3DS where they kept the same model design as the older games, but the faces actually emoted during cutscenes (nice avatar btw)

They didn't have any facial expressions at all in game, even when they were talking during cut-scenes, the mouths only moved. It was a stark contrast with DOA Dimensions on 3DS where they kept the same model design as the older games, but the faces actually emoted during cutscenes (nice avatar btw)

Maybe that's where I see the resemblance.

(Saber FTW!)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Faces on DOA5 look more human and emote better than the previous ones. The only one I could complain a bit would be Hitomi and it's not awful anyway.

EDIT: Dimensions had facial expressions but no one cares lol.

Skilletor

Does Team Ninja even have the money to make it?

After hearing about how Ninja Gaiden struggling to profit, I'll be surprised if Tecmo is willing to funnel money into another Xtreme project.

Unless it goes free to play *shudders*

Since they're shitty games, I think F2P would be the perfect model for a game that would essentially be a vehicle to get people to buy skimpy outfits.

I would rather they not waste time or money on them and focus on DoA6, but whatever. Anything that gets Team Ninja money to make DoA6 acceptable.

Squire

Banned
DOAX3 is probably the next thing with both a boxed and retail release, same as each version of DOA5.

They just built a new engine specifically for rendering "soft skin". Come on guys.

JordanN

Banned
DOAX3 is probably the next thing with both a boxed and retail release, same as each version of DOA5.

They just built a new engine specifically for rendering "soft skin". Come on guys.
I'm just thinking from an AAA perspective.

To Publishers, anything that doesn't sell 1 million copies is a bomba. And with Japan getting increasingly smaller, that risk looks higher.

Of course, it's not impossible, and it could even be budgeted appropriately depending on what they recycle.

Since they're shitty games, I think F2P would be the perfect model for a game that would essentially be a vehicle to get people to buy skimpy outfits.

I would rather they not waste time or money on them and focus on DoA6, but whatever. Anything that gets Team Ninja money to make DoA6 acceptable.

imagine if they do xbv3 f2p and it makes more money than god

they might never make another doa ever again

Prefer the classic DOA look. it was uniquely dead or alive, this one is generic and bland and ugly.

yes

Top Bottom