• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age: Origins Screenshots And Trailer

bengraven

Danneee said:
To be honest, the official thread kinda sucks...

daot-ani01.gif

I think you missed the point of the board headmaster saying he wanted to make a thread without PR bullshit.

Danneee

Doytch said:
Hope you enjoyed your time at The NeoGAF.

So the mods can't take critisism at all, or is it some kind of unwritten rule? At least I edited my post with what I thought was not so good.

bengraven said:
I think you missed the point of the board headmaster saying he wanted to make a thread without PR bullshit.

Oh, I did not know that. Well in that case just ignore me. I still can't see the reason of having an official thread with almost no info..

bengraven

Danneee said:
So the mods can't take critisism at all, or is it some kind of unwritten rule? At least I edited my post with what I thought was not so good.

I hope you know that you made it worse.

Psst: You're missing the entire point of the Official Thread. Stop while you're ahead.

Doytch

Danneee said:

Oh, I did not know that. Well in that case just ignore me. I still can't see the reason of having an official thread with almost no info..
Dude it's a joke. It was funny that Evilore came in right after your post. And yeah, it's better than the idiocy that is stuff like the MGS4 thread.

bengraven

Doytch said:
Dude it's a joke. It was funny that Evilore came in right after your post. And yeah, it's better than the idiocy that is stuff like the MGS4 thread.

Yep.

Most official threads are 2 posts long with giant character portraits, screenshots, links to every single trailer that ever existed. Each looks just like a PR announcement.

Evil is having fun with that.

sendu

Neo Member
Doytch said:
Dude it's a joke.

So? NeoGAF threads are filled to the brim with jokes and silly posts. My favorite thing about NeoGAF has always been the quality of the official thread OPs: they're informative and tell you everything you need to know about a game in one post. The jokes and fun come after that.

A joke official thread is pointless; they're only funny to people who have been following and already know about the game. So you've got a handful of people who get the joke and say "great thread!", a handful of people who complain about the gifs being too large, and presumably most of the people who just shake their head in bewilderment and walk away.

Doytch

Stick around a while and you'll get sick of the wonderful official threads which are actually a waste of time since 98% of GAF just checks their Metacritic bookmark for reviews and bases their purchase off that. Or NPD threads, I guess.

bengraven

sendu said:
So? NeoGAF threads are filled to the brim with jokes and silly posts. My favorite thing about NeoGAF has always been the quality of the official thread OPs: they're informative and tell you everything you need to know about a game in one post. The jokes and fun come after that.

A joke official thread is pointless; they're only funny to people who have been following and already know about the game. So you've got a handful of people who get the joke and say "great thread!", a handful of people who complain about the gifs being too large, and presumably most of the people who just shake their head in bewilderment and walk away.

Cheer the fuck up and go here. That's the closest you'll get.

koji said:

Yesssss. That's what I'm talking about.

Even without all the PR bullshit and bullet point eroticism that Maxim-loving ADD juniors feel they need from an official thread, Drinky convinced me to buy Drakensang with that thread.

sendu

Neo Member
bengraven said:
Cheer the fuck up and go here. That's the closest you'll get.

That's completely uninformative.

Even without all the PR bullshit and bullet point eroticism that Maxim-loving ADD juniors feel they need from an official thread, Drinky convinced me to buy Drakensang with that thread.

That thread, on the other hand, was both funny and informative. I didn't suggest the official threads had to be boring.

dejan

A non PR bullshit official GAF thread is a welcome change and I don't mind the huge GIFs in the OP, but ... I was expecting at least a bit of information about you know ... the game. Have a look at Tekno's Torchlight or Drinky's Drakensang thread, I think that's a good compromise between information and good ol' hilarity.

Doytch said:
Stick around a while and you'll get sick of the wonderful official threads which are actually a waste of time since 98% of GAF just checks their Metacritic bookmark for reviews and bases their purchase off that. Or NPD threads, I guess.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Truant

I got an inside scoop that N'Gai Croal is writing a hard-edged article about the declining state of official threads. Rumor says he's gunning for the race card, too.

What were they talking about earlier on the page, the thing that people are (not) boycotting the game over?

Is it the billion pre-order DLC things?

Nif

Preloading started on Steam, but you might have to restart the client to get it to show up.

edit: Oh, wrong thread :(

Steve Youngblood said:

I agree that it's stupid that they are giving away a dozen trinkets to a dozen different retailer pre-order schemes, but as long as all that I miss are trinkets I'm not too concerned. The game probably has a million trinkets that will get discarded every half hour as you find better ones.

Still, to keep it simple they should have just made one pre-order bonus no matter where you pre-order it from.

Top Bottom