• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown trailer

Akainu

For the new page because.

Azxem2H.gif

JordanN

Banned
I'm surprised people are offended at the artstyle. If anything, it should be praised. Every character has a vastly different body type. That's a pro in my eyes.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This whole game is sexy.

I want the Amazon to crush me. The designs are all dynamic as hell and unique. The gameplay looks solid as hell. The animation conjures up awesome cartoons and stories from being a kid. So incredibly hype for this biz.

Also Marumusa ... that's coming out this year as well right? vanilla is on fiya.

i-Lo

For the new page because.

Azxem2H.gif

I would love to have a proper 3D game with this visual style and characters. Weirdly enough, Kingdom of Amalur came close but was distant enough for me dislike it (same reason I don't like Darksiders).

duckroll

OK. Maybe Hashino and others have some involvement?

I saw some single player shots but I got the feeling it was just the same content as online stuff, just you can choose whether to play it single player or online (especially since the characters seem like generic Dwarves, Wizards, Amazons, etc). Though this trailer makes it seem like it has a story.

Atlus has no involvement with the development of Dragon's Crown. They are just the publisher. They also published Odin Sphere, so it's not like they never worked with Vanillaware before. Not sure where you got the idea that there is any development involvement at all. There isn't.

Paskil

I would love to see a Castlevania game get in on this type of action. Until that happens, Vanilla is gonna have to take my money for dat oled.

Seriously, people who dismiss the art direction need to get the fuck out. Both the Men AND Women in this are glorious in their design.

Also, make sure you watch the trailer via YouTube App on your Vita

Soriku

Atlus has no involvement with the development of Dragon's Crown. They are just the publisher. They also published Odin Sphere, so it's not like they never worked with Vanillaware before. Not sure where you got the idea that there is any development involvement at all. There isn't.

The PS blog post above there are some people from the Persona team working as producers. Wasn't particularly talking about them helping with the development directly itself.

duckroll

The PS blog post above there are some people from the Persona team working as producers. Wasn't particularly talking about them helping with the development directly itself.

I wouldn't read too much into it. The producers on Odin Sphere are also people who work as production staff on many Atlus games including Persona etc, it seems fairly separate from actual development staff like Hashino, or what people tend to consider the actual "Persona team". It's probably just PR speak to drum up more interest in the game than it would otherwise get. :p

Soriku

I wouldn't read too much into it. The producers on Odin Sphere are also people who work as production staff on many Atlus games including Persona etc, it seems fairly separate from actual development staff like Hashino, or what people tend to consider the actual "Persona team". It's probably just PR speak to drum up more interest in the game than it would otherwise get. :p

I see :p

Binabik15

Am I crazy or does the backside/trizeps+deltoideus pars spinalis area in the walking gif look off coulour and out of place when his right arm is in front of him?

Don't mess with me dwarf, dammit, I demand perfection! And a braided beard! For Thor!

Sushigod7

Awesome beard! All hail Khal Drogo!! On a side note was watching the Hobbit last night for the first time and got me all excited for using this bad ass Dwarf in DC. Those pulsing muscles are mesmerizing!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Seriously, people who dismiss the art direction need to get the fuck out. Both the Men AND Women in this are glorious in their design.

Also, make sure you watch the trailer via YouTube App on your Vita

Sorry is this the thread for circle jerking around this game? God forbid someone disagrees with the all mighty agent weeabo and thinks the art looks awful from top to bottom.

Personally I enjoy the non character art.

I'd rather get a re-confirmation of offline co-op and multiplayer offline playing online co-op.

AFAIK this is the most recent we have:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/61556939
Read second post; it's all from a year ago, so it might not hold now.
(don't judge me, I didn't have NeoGAF access yet back then).

Is it wrong that my biggest issue with proportions as of right now is that the Archer is carrying a longbow to a brawl?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty hype for a boxed release game having local 4 player.

4 player finally easier than ever on a playstation console and no games really support it.

Yep

If not I'm sure it'll be a PS+ deal eventually I guess.....

It was actually confirmed after the publisher switch that it wouldn't be cross-buy, IIRC. Which I think is kind of a bad move, as I sincerely doubt the additional units sold to people who would buy both versions would offset the additional units moved by it being cross-buy plus extra word-of-mouth.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It was actually confirmed after the publisher switch that it wouldn't be cross-buy, IIRC. Which I think is kind of a bad move, as I sincerely doubt the additional units sold to people who would buy both versions would offset the additional units moved by it being cross-buy plus extra word-of-mouth.

Ah well.

Half expected that since that seems to be a Sony first party thing when it comes to boxed releases.

Oh well I'll make due with the PS3 version. Save my money on a Vita

Espada

This is pure eye candy. I can just pick one at random and keep staring at all the little details and animation. I LOVE the Warrior's walking animation. Just... LOOK.

ubercheez

Gat damn, that Knight walking animation. Every little piece of his armor bounces and then settles into place when he takes a step. I especially like the double bounce on his upper shoulder guard. So good.

Top Bottom