• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown trailer

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Atlus USA doesn't stay quiet for too long

Maybe a newsletter announcement next month? E3 would be the latest I could imagine before we hear about it from them.

George Kamitani is not trying to sell games with the Sorceress. The man is a self-confessed pervert. He is drawing what he likes just like any other good artist does. When Kamitani showed this to his wife, she said "Oh my, is that what you have been up in your room drawing all this time?"
tumblr_kzz5egpD151qaj1gco1_500.jpg

You think it's sensationalism, Kamitani thinks it's hot. I think it's hot. If you want boobs meant to sell games, look at Lara Croft. Kamitani just does what he likes, and he loves huge boobs. All of his games have huge boobs. I appreciate his love of them.

So wait. Is that from Dragon's Crown? If so it makes me want the game even more. Really don't understand the hate behind the games art, its just like people hating on Bayonetta's character design for her body being disproportionate to her head. I love Bayonetta's art, and I love the art from Dragon's Crown.

I'm going Dwarf all the way though, I'm a man and I play games as men dangit!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Definitely getting the Vita version if it's not cross play.

I loved Odin Sphere and what I played of Grim Grimoire, and I'll be grabbing Muramasa Vita as well. I'm a sucker for Vanillaware's artwork, and the prospect of seeing that gorgeous art on the Vita screen is too much to pass up. In fact, I'm going to look at those screenshots on my Vita right now...

Wow, you guys are really praising the art for this game? this is by far the least appealing Vanillaware game from an artistic standpoint, I mean the proportions are all over the place for some of the characters, granted this is a problem it shared with their previous games but it wasn't THIS bad !

Sushigod7

Wow, you guys are really praising the art for this game? this is by far the least appealing Vanillaware game from an artistic standpoint, I mean the proportions are all over the place for some of the characters, granted this is a problem it shared with their previous games but it wasn't THIS bad !

Hmmm well the King in Odin Sphere comes to mind, his proportions were off. Same with a few in Muramasa.

ibiMPVrTscx6tj.jpg

Hmmm well the King in Odin Sphere comes to mind, his proportions were off. Same with a few in Muramasa.

ibiMPVrTscx6tj.jpg

"Off" seems to imply they went for perfectly realistic proportions and messed up, which for some reason I can't stop smiling imagining. I mean, it's kind of awesome.

"hey guys, I accidentally the whole of Odin's torso."

Sushigod7

August 6th if Gamestop is correct.

I decided to grab the character art from the official site

06_1a9kun.png

I just realized something many are worried about the functionality of the boobs but look at her shoes? Are you seriously saying she is going to fight in those? I mean come on the Amazon's got metal plated boots. Gees

No it's from Muramasa their previous game.

Nope, that's art of Momohime from "Oboro Muramasa".

Even still, continue wanting Dragon's Crown. It will be incredible!

Ah I see. Still, really love the art from their games. He does the art for them all anyway right? I still think it's hilarious that people are like losing their minds over this. This is coming from a guy who frequents rule 34 fan art of various things though, so I guess that discredits my opinion a bit. STILL, the character art in this game is just glorious.

Overboost

Prepare yourselves for Vita GOTY 2013. Ah, such fond memories of E3 2011 and the insane deluge of Japanese fan art in the 24 hours following the DC reveal. Still haven't seen anything like it.

Well, hello there! :D

Don't know how I missed this thread. Love Vanillaware's art style. Gameplay(aside from Grim Grimoire), not so much. But, I never give up hope! Simply because I can't resist buying their games just for the art work.

Saying it's a problem is implying the characters were designed to be perfectly proportioned/realistic.

Which quite obviously isn't the case.

Uthred

So you're saying that they intentionally did this huh ? if that's the case then this is simply a style that I won't dig.

Are you honestly suggesting that they did this unintentionally? "I drew all this art but holy shit now that I open my eyes I realise I didnt use realistic proportions!"? Really?

So you're saying that they intentionally did this huh ? if that's the case then this is simply a style that I won't dig.

Vanillaware games have always had a mix of fairly realistically proportioned characters and monstrous ones.

I think this is the first game where the playable characters include characters with these exaggerated proportions.

Giolon

ibiMPVrTscx6tj.jpg

Don't forget Queen Odette

Kongiku and Raijin of Muramasa have already been shown off.

Kamitani's art style is grotesque, and it's manifested in every game he's worked on to my knowledge. Not everyone has to like it. That's cool. However, claiming that it's something that shouldn't be done because it's unrealistic, anti-woman, or whatever is tantamount to censorship and conformity of ideas, really should evaluate what you think freedom of speech and freedom of expression mean. Let art be art FFS. Like it or don't like it, but don't begrudge or advocate taking away from others who feel differently than you do.

Personally, I love it and will take all of it that I can get!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Glad we're getting to the bottom of this discussion before the OT :x

Who am I kidding this same shit will happen in every thread leading up to it

Hopefully everyone will be tired out by then though. I think that's what finally happened with Senran Kagura

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Duh, it will happen on any thread with game characters that are female showing some skin.

Hopefully everyone will be tired out by then though. I think that's what finally happened with Senran Kagura

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

That's an obscure animu style game though. This is something bigger and even after people get over it for this, the next game with it will stir shit up once more. The endless cycle of boobs

ubercheez

I just realized something many are worried about the functionality of the boobs but look at her shoes? Are you seriously saying she is going to fight in those? I mean come on the Amazon's got metal plated boots. Gees

Yeah, and what's up with her apparently having two inner right ankles? Clearly a shameful ploy to appeal to double-ankle fetishists.

Top Bottom