• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Crown trailer

Ultimadrago

As usual, I'm really pleased with Vanillaware art and designs (Goooood!)

As usual, I'm uncertain about Vanillaware mechanics themselves (Having beaten Odin Sphere/Muramasa: The Demon Blade, I've not been imbued with confidence)

Even in worst case scenario, I will likely purchase it to play inside the visual direction that still hasn't grown old on me. Ideally playing it won't get "old" quick either (unlike the previous games).

Part of having a debate is looking for charitable readings of an opponent's argument before looking for uncharitable readings that are almost certainly wrong.

You should ask yourself whether you sincerely think your above statement accurately characterizes what I think. If the answer is "yes" then Im not sure whether we can have this discussion.
The answer is "yes".

Hatin' on the boobs is so silly. Dragon's Crown has such an immensely powerful and instantly recognisable art style. Women or men, everything is drawn under the mantra of strong and sexy. The dark, soft colour palette, the deliberately exaggerated muscles and proportions, voluptuous curves, etc. The way the Elf's boots and hood seem that little bit too big for her body, just like her bow. The long, golden blonde, flowing locks of the totally fucking ripped Amazon, where traditional womanly physique blend seamlessly into intense muscle tone. The flame-like pattered beard of the dwarf. The lustful curves of the sorceress, her classic sexiness wonderfully symbolic in her ability to control the dead.
She can restore life to what was once limp and hollow.

You should write a romance novel, EatChildren.

So wait. Is that from Dragon's Crown? If so it makes me want the game even more. Really don't understand the hate behind the games art, its just like people hating on Bayonetta's character design for her body being disproportionate to her head. I love Bayonetta's art, and I love the art from Dragon's Crown.

I'm going Dwarf all the way though, I'm a man and I play games as men dangit!
Naw, that's from Muramasa: The Demon Blade. It was a Wii title and is being ported to the Vita. If you're interested, definitely wait for the Vita version. Ignition translated the Wii title, and they did a D-class job of it. Just awful. The Vita version is getting a fresh translation.

I just realized something many are worried about the functionality of the boobs but look at her shoes? Are you seriously saying she is going to fight in those? I mean come on the Amazon's got metal plated boots. Gees
Nothing is known for certain, but it looks like she can float/fly to some degree.

LOL oh wow I never noticed the Amazon's ass jiggled
+1.

Binabik15

Of course the sorceress is sexy. The dead rise for her.

I don't like the dwarf's face and beard, he looks a bit like a doofus, but being a fucking TANK and smashing faces with a hammer? Sounda awesome. If the fighter had a shield and spear set up, I'd go for him, though. Outside of the mage all characters are awesome, he is a little bit boring or at least very plain compared to his buddies.he needs a kickass gimmic like a Pharao's beard braid thingy or a twirly moustache.

Espada

That's an obscure animu style game though. This is something bigger and even after people get over it for this, the next game with it will stir shit up once more. The endless cycle of boobs

A tale of boobs and jiggle, eternally retold. Goddamn, this applied perfectly to Soul Calibur until SCV came around.

Anyway, I can't wait for this game. Looks like good ole beat 'em up gameplay with great music and Vanillaware artwork. That damn artbook. I must have it.

Lol, I just noticed the look on the frog's face in this pic.

06_1a9kun.png

He got his hands upon the forbidden fruits, got turned into a frog, but it was worth it. Look at that smug face!

UrbanRats

Of course the sorceress is sexy. The dead rise for her.

I don't like the dwarf's face and beard, he looks a bit like a doofus, but being a fucking TANK and smashing faces with a hammer? Sounda awesome. If the fighter had a shield and spear set up, I'd go for him, though. Outside of the mage all characters are awesome, he is a little bit boring or at least very plain compared to his buddies.he needs a kickass gimmic like a Pharao's beard braid thingy or a twirly moustache.

The beard looks like the fire out of a furnace, it's amazing, man.
Though i agree about the mage, looks bland.

Pachinko

So this is out over here in august ? Really looking forward to it but I think it'll be much better if I can find someone else to play it with. Wonder if it'll get online play...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
561GeAl.gif
Azxem2H.gif

Pulsating veins. Pulsating calves. Pure man.

Soriku

How much is Atlus involved with this game btw? And does it have a single player story or is it mainly online-focused?

How much is Atlus involved with this game btw? And does it have a single player story or is it mainly online-focused?

This is all we know about their involvement

Atlus is taking over publishing duties in Japan and North America! What’s more, key (and very talented) members of the Atlus internal development team will be involved with the project as producer(s). You know, some of the people who’ve worked on games in the critically acclaimed Persona series. Yeah, we know: we’re stoked, too!

What does this mean for the game? For one, it means that it’s going to be better than ever. It will, however, come a bit later than originally expected, as it’s now slated for release in 2013.

When we took over the reins, we realized that a lot of the information made available to the public was ambitious and unfounded conjecture. The release timing, the pricing, and many of the features detailed for fans and members of the press were simply unknowable at the time they were disseminated (and frankly we were quite shocked to find out that many of the details were made public unbeknownst to even the developers).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...us-assumes-publishing-duties-for-ps-vita-ps3/

It is playable in single player as you can see by the screens.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

No one knows anything about it really

but if interviews from when it was an Ignition game still hold up it supports local and online co-op as well as cross play between Vita and PS3.

Atlus is the publisher that took over the project after Ignition went out of business

Soriku

This is all we know about their involvement

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...us-assumes-publishing-duties-for-ps-vita-ps3/

It is playable in single player as you can see by the screens.

OK. Maybe Hashino and others have some involvement?

I saw some single player shots but I got the feeling it was just the same content as online stuff, just you can choose whether to play it single player or online (especially since the characters seem like generic Dwarves, Wizards, Amazons, etc). Though this trailer makes it seem like it has a story.

Yuterald

Ah, I see. Well, Sakimoto's "cronies" do produce some good stuff. I love Basiscape as a whole, actually. I often find myself enjoying the pieces from the other composers involved more than Sakimoto's work, at times. More recently, I found the stuff composed by his other dudes on Muramasa and Crimson Shroud more interesting than his own pieces. Whatever the case is, the music in the trailer was cool.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This and Soul Sacrifice means I'm going to be spending A LOT of time with my Vita this summer.

If there's some kind of discount for buying both (either cross-play or an amazon deal) I'm probably gonna pick up a Vita this summer.

Between this, Gravity Rush and Celceta this Fall I think there's enough on the way to finally convince me to invest in one.

Just hoping for some kind of E3 price drops before I go in

Top Bottom