• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

Has anyone noticed how the title for this game is grammatically incorrect? 'Driveclub' is not a word. I think seeing that logo on the dashboard/glove compartment of my car might cause me to crash due to me being distracted and slightly furious. How is that a good gameplay decision?

I dunno, I'll probably pick this up for £15 in a bargain bin or something.
Good eye. To me the font is another issue but I'll save that for later.

I'm awfully concerned about what else they might have skimped out on.
Goodness I can't wait to play this game.

Insane graphics. That snow level looks bonkers, especially the soft evening lighting. Game looks like a total bore to play, though. Someone posted a gif of that part where the indy car is racing on a mud track and mentioned Motorstorm... I wish, that would be so awesome in next-gen.

Hoje0308

Banned
I hate you, raises fist into air in disbelief

3.gif

Codeblew

Has anyone noticed how the title for this game is grammatically incorrect? 'Driveclub' is not a word. I think seeing that logo on the dashboard/glove compartment of my car might cause me to crash due to me being distracted and slightly furious. How is that a good gameplay decision?

Its DRIVECLUB, not Driveclub.

Love these bore to play comments

Somehow racing has turned boring if you are not allowed to race in grass and dirt.

Racing is fun on its own to me. Hell my favorite racer of all time, besides Ridge Racer R4 is Nascar 4. Both of those games stay on the pavement though.

Nothing boring about racing unless the AI makes it that way. The sense of speed in this game is phenomenal and adds to the fun of going 180mph into a hairpin turn. If the AI is solid, it will be fantastic. Will also be hella fun getting together with a team and racing other teams.

Xun

The YouTube video all those gifs are based off is the new b-roll, or new to us anyway.

I have it in the 1080p's. Not a public link, otherwise I'd share, and if my upload didn't stink I would upload it someplace seen as we've already seen the footage and Rushy tweeted to the YT video, so I wouldn't get ninja'd.

Alas make-do with some screens :p

iSQLXa3JsFXiO.png

icq0uXwFmq9Z4.png

ibq093joiMYs78.png
I'm really hoping this is 100% gameplay footage because the IQ looks fucking insane.

Beautiful game.

Shame no cities are in the game, but I can live with it I guess. Hopefully in DC2!

Insane graphics. That snow level looks bonkers, especially the soft evening lighting. Game looks like a total bore to play, though. Someone posted a gif of that part where the indy car is racing on a mud track and mentioned Motorstorm... I wish, that would be so awesome in next-gen.

Don't really understand how this game looks like a bore compared to other circuit racers. Actually the game has an incredible sense of speed which would make it look less boring if anything.

nib95

Banned
The YouTube video all those gifs are based off is the new b-roll, or new to us anyway.

I have it in the 1080p's. Not a public link, otherwise I'd share, and if my upload didn't stink I would upload it someplace seen as we've already seen the footage and Rushy tweeted to the YT video, so I wouldn't get ninja'd.

Alas make-do with some screens :p

iSQLXa3JsFXiO.png

icq0uXwFmq9Z4.png

ibq093joiMYs78.png

No more jaggy power lines confirmed. Corridor racer and 30fps complaints it is!

Ploid 3.0

Love these bore to play comments

Somehow racing has turned boring if you are not allowed to race in grass and dirt.

Racing is fun on its own to me. Hell my favorite racer of all time, besides Ridge Racer R4 is Nascar 4. Both of those games stay on the pavement though.

Nothing boring about racing unless the AI makes it that way. The sense of speed in this game is phenomenal and adds to the fun of going 180mph into a hairpin turn. If the AI is solid, it will be fantastic. Will also be hella fun getting together with a team and racing other teams.

I remember my first Nascar experience, it was in GT5 with Gaf, oh and I remember my first pitch dark racing experience on the Ring with gaf. Talk about scary, both times! Nascar is a risky sport.

There's no chance that new B-roll footage is direct feed gameplay. The difference in image quality is huge compared to any recent footage we've seen. It's even cleaner than Forza Horizon 2 which is 1080p with 4x MSAA.

DOWN

Banned
No more jaggy power lines confirmed. Corridor racer and 30fps complaints it is!

Now 4 inch thick power lines confirmed.

There's no chance that new B-roll footage is direct feed gameplay. The difference in image quality is huge compared to any recent footage we've seen. It's even cleaner than Forza Horizon 2 which is 1080p with 4x MSAA.

Uh Driveclub is 1080p too and they confirmed after the last round of press that they had one last round of AA to implement, which is now present in the OP footage. So I expect it's a very clean retail build.

"How could this game look better than that year old racer on the weaker hardware that ran at 60fps?"

Hoje0308

Banned

And Driveclub is 1080P with 5 or 6 different AA solutions, one or two of which weren't even present in the builds we had previously seen. What's your point?

Edit: Post sounds more aggressive than it was meant to. Sorry about that.

23qwerty

Haven't they said they're adding another pass of AA since the most recent footage?

More footage! Looks like the retail build as well (Don't see the cupcake beta" label on the loading screen. Seems to cover India and Chile with the slower cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUdOHe54ND6fgtJUPa_Rp_mg&feature=player_detailpage&v=vf5mvuVOop0
Yeah that was posted earlier, when we discovered about character customisation more. I don't think we'd seen much of that before.

It is a real shame the people that get things early always have naff capture equipment or upload low quality video.

Ploid 3.0

More footage! Looks like the retail build as well (Don't see the cupcake beta" label on the loading screen. Seems to cover India and Chile with the slower cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUdOHe54ND6fgtJUPa_Rp_mg&feature=player_detailpage&v=vf5mvuVOop0

The views in this game, the sun the lighting, my goodness. I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision, I want to smell that air, and I can supply my own fan for the wind. Next gen with vr will be so good.

CrovaxPSO

Yeah that was posted earlier, when we discovered about character customisation more. I don't think we'd seen much of that before.

It is a real shame the people that get things early always have naff capture equipment or upload low quality video.

Can you link me to the character customization info?

Edit: Oh, I see it in the video.

And Driveclub is 1080P with 5 or 6 different AA solutions, one or two of which weren't even present in the builds we had previously seen. What's your point?

My point is the game is already enough of a technical achievement, there's no need to saddle if with the expectation of the perfect IQ contained in that clip. I'd be more than willing to eat crow on that, though!

Hoje0308

Banned

It looks like he uploaded to Facebook, downloaded from there and then posted to YouTube. I don't know how else you get the image to look that blurry at 1080.

My point is the game is already enough of a technical achievement, there's no need to saddle if with the expectation of the perfect IQ contained in that clip. I'd be more than willing to eat crow on that, though!

I get that, and I won't be broken up about it if the IQ doesn't look like that at release. I amended my previous post to mention that I hadn't intended to sound so confrontational. Apologies if it came off like that.

viveks86

Oh. I'm getting drowned in videos! BTW, did you manage to work on the webms?

Ploid 3.0

Return of the scratch'n'sniff disc from Gran Turismo 2.

Hah, I heard about that tire (tyre) scent for GT 2, I had the US version though. Now I have GT2's intro stuck in my head, and now I bet.. yep I'm heading to youtube to watch the intro (US version). I remember thinking games would never look as good as that intro, and now look at where we are.

Salex_

Surprised people are finding it hard to believe that a retail version of a game can look better than the beta version.

Also...why is the music off by default? Music adds so much to a racing game for most people and the engine sound lovers who would prefer to race without it are the minority.

Oh. I'm getting drowned in videos! BTW, did you manage to work on the webms?
They ended up shocking quality. I cut out some gameplay segments and encoded at a good size/quality trade off to upload on my connection. Last one is on its merry way to the internet now.

Hah, I heard about that tire (tyre) scent for GT 2, I had the US version though. Now I have GT2's intro stuck in my head, and now I bet.. yep I'm heading to youtube to watch the intro (US version). I remember thinking games would never look as good as that intro, and now look at where we are.
It smelt like shit. But, I've never been in a pit lane so maybe they smell awful too.

Apparently there was also a FIFA one too, smelling of presumably smelly socks.

DOWN

Banned
Also...why is the music off by default? Music adds so much to a racing game for most people and the engine sound lovers who would prefer to race without it are the minority.

Praying it's because they want to make it easy to enjoy our own music via MP3 support (and never have to touch Music Unlimited ugh)

VanWinkle

Surprised people are finding it hard to believe that a retail version of a game can look better than the beta version.

The image quality in those screenshots/video clip look way beyond any footage we've seen, not just in terms of aliasing, but overall clarity. That's why a few of us are a little sceptical. It looks so much better IQ-wise. I hope so bad it will really look like that, though, because IQ was the only concern I had with the game.

Driveclub is pretty much this gen's Final Fantasy 13, it throws weird mumbo jumbo at you and you can only go from point A to point B.

Top Bottom