• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

truth411

There's no chance that new B-roll footage is direct feed gameplay. The difference in image quality is huge compared to any recent footage we've seen. It's even cleaner than Forza Horizon 2 which is 1080p with 4x MSAA.

Uh, DriveClub I.Q. have been better than FH2 for quite sometime, this shouldn't be a surprise. DC level of detail is simply on another level.

Hoje0308

Banned
They ended up shocking quality. I cut out some gameplay segments and encoded at a good size/quality trade off to upload on my connection. Last one is on its merry way to the internet now.

It smelt like shit. But, I've never been in a pit lane so maybe they smell awful too.

Apparently there was also a FIFA one too, smelling of presumably smelly socks.

350x233px-LL-74b82652_lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif

low-G

Mmm you sure?

Yep. Gonna want to check my post history if you suspect some massive conspiracy of DriveClub skepticism, chief.

I thoroughly believe the image quality is real based upon Forza Horizon 2 also not having aliasing issues. That simple. I think it is sound logic too.

VanWinkle

Yep. Gonna want to check my post history if you suspect some massive conspiracy of DriveClub skepticism, chief.

I'm thoroughly believe the image quality is real based upon Forza Horizon 2 also not having aliasing issues. That simple. I think it is sound logic too.

That doesn't even make sense though. Two different games, two different art styles, two different consoles, two different developers. You can't say one will have great image quality because the other does.

That doesn't even make sense though. Two different games, two different art styles, two different consoles, two different developers. You can't say one will have great image quality because the other does.
They probably mean 'if Xbox One can produce that level of IQ, I'm sure the PS4 can'.

low-G

We're at a point with 30fps console racers, at the very least, that when you have a sufficient budget (and thus the care to release a quality product is there), that with this tier of machine and mitigating factors such as motion blur, that aliasing shouldn't be a big concern.

And yeah, "if FH2 can do it, why can't DC?"

VanWinkle

Thanks. Looks completely out of this world. But, and I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but with absolutely no aliasing even on extremely distant thin poles and lines, I'm going to have to go with this being downsampled or something.

Rushy, prove me wrong! I would be so ecstatic if the image quality is this incredible.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks. Looks completely out of this world. But, and I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but with absolutely no aliasing even on extremely distant thin poles and lines, I'm going to have to go with this being downsampled or something.

Rushy, prove me wrong! I would be so ecstatic if the image quality is this incredible.

There's hints of aliasing on spoilers and such so it seems like these are pretty legit videos.

Wow, my ipad only shows a small part of these images... What's the resolution? Looks very blocky though. Must be video compression..
What's on them?.. Can somebody size these images in a good way? Or is it just me?

bryanee

I hope Sony really push this game. I wanna see this advertised on TV like a mother fucker. No live action bullshit, just straight up gameplay with a this is in-game message at the bottom.

The jaggies are gone. PRAISE THE LORD THE JAGGIES ARE GONE!
I want to believe, I really do. But right now I think that the footage was either downsampled or has been touched up like they do with the trailers. It is just that little bit too good but at the same time isn't a million miles from what we've seen of the retail game.

Whether or not it is 100% retail PS4 footage on the aliasing front it doesn't stop it having delicious lighting and incredible sense of speed.

Quite often UK studios come out with some incredible racing marvels.

DOWN

Banned
Somebody tweets Rushy to enquire about whether the footage IQ quality is due to downsampling...Do it for the team!

He already said he doesn't know who produced it. Doubt he'd go out on a limb and say, "yeah I guess the game doesn't look that good and they probably down sampled"

Dude, did that tire smoke begin to take on the airflow characteristics of the Ariel Atom?
I think it just passes through it at the same angle as the car that caused it meaning the dip in the smoke in the middle makes it look like the Atom pushes it to two sides :p

I don't understand what downsampling does. Could you explain?
Render game at high resolution, then 'downsample' to 1080p. The results in a smoother image, as it came from a source with more pixels.

He already said he doesn't know who produced it. Doubt he'd go out on a limb and say, "yeah I guess the game doesn't look that good and they probably down sampled"

One should ask whether the in-game stuff would look just as good as what was produced here, without mentionning downsampling and the likes...

Hoje0308

Banned
I think it just passes through it at the same angle as the car that caused it meaning the dip in the smoke in the middle makes it look like the Atom pushes it to two sides :p

Render game at high resolution, then 'downsample' to 1080p. The results in a smoother image, as it came from a source with more pixels.

Damn, I think you're right. Oh well, still an absolute stunner! Thank you for the uploads!

I just cant get over how smooth and crisp the gameplay/graphics look.

I wish I could jump into this game without ever having seen these clips

Top Bottom