• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

Handy Fake

y5n8ZE.gif

What's up with the random damage appearing then disappearing on those cars.

The gif is looping back to the start..?

Superflat

I'm assuming there's no real paint job customization (as in making your own designs?) If it had a robust customizer I'd go in day one without question. I'm not a huge driving game fan but creating designs on cars is something I can sink my teeth into :D

y5n8ZE.gif

LOL I JUST realized that it's a blue car flipping a green car with that text 'PS4's Forza Killer'. Fuckin' hell, that's cheeky.

5JpeAPL.gif

It's a different time of day (so shadows fall on the surfaces differently)

People just aren't used to this type of engine.

An engine where every object / material in the game is dynamically lit. So the slightest change in the day, cloud cover, whatever changes everything about the screen.

So one picture may look " sharper " because it has a ton more shadowing, but only because the sun is more to the setting position causing shadows on every object to change position and lengthen while another has the sun position near noontime when shadows are smaller.

GYNGA

Just watched all Gamersyde videos.

The game looks incredibly fun, especially the time trials. And the sense of speed is really good.

I have never wanted a PS4 as much as I do now.

This feeling sucks :(

Random question that just popped up in my head. Do US preorders on PSN get the same bonuses that apparently the EU store is getting? I don't see any mention on the store.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Odd question coming up Rapier: it was said that Driveclub is a compressed 17 gb download.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-racer-driveclub-is-a-17-gb-download-even-the-p/1100-6422295/

How much space does Driveclub actually take up on the harddrive?

Uhh.. .shit, let me get back to you on that one.

I'm currently facing off with this fucker Danny_RT on the Mercedez Hot Lap.

Bitch has a 1:23 lap time and I'm barely scratching 1:25. I'm in the top 20 Global for that event.

lol

I really can't wait just to play with this game.

See what minor details I can uncover like that sprinker system in the tea plantation in India that goes on and off with the time of day. Or see the different layers of paint due to scratches on the car. Or see the different clothing worn by spectators based on time of day and temperature and such. Or see the different wildlife that comes out during various times of day.

Evolution put so many minor details into everything it will be cool to see what you can uncover.

i-Lo

What if I tell you it's not "supersampled" but just has better AA, like 4x MSAA? There are console games out there with that AA already.

I think we can rest assured that we will reach that target mid-late this generation.

I'd doubt that. It won't be 'additive' would be the safer assumption. Something would have to give. For example in TO1886, it's a choice between no AA (or FXAA) and current resolution w/ 4xMSAA.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's a different time of day (so shadows fall on the surfaces differently)

Regardless the motion blur is still noisy as it was in earlier builds. This is something i've commented on in the past and it doesn't seem to have improved. The video clips on Gamersyde don't look as good as the b-roll footage (in particular AA) but it's very close. Just IMHO.

Turkoop

Banned
I really can't wait just to play with this game.

See what minor details I can uncover like that sprinker system in the tea plantation in India that goes on and off with the time of day. Or see the different layers of paint due to scratches on the car. Or see the different clothing worn by spectators based on time of day and temperature and such. Or see the different wildlife that comes out during various times of day.

Evolution put so many minor details into everything it will be cool to see what you can uncover.

Word !
Excited as Hell !

Uhh.. .shit, let me get back to you on that one.

I'm currently facing off with this fucker Danny_RT on the Mercedez Hot Lap.

Bitch has a 1:23 lap time and I'm barely scratching 1:25. I'm in the top 20 Global for that event.

lol
Damn I can't wait for some time attacks.

Damn! He flipped over after driving so well!

Also, does the hennessey have no sound deadening? It sounds the same in hood cam and cockpit view, unlike most other cars in the game…
That thing is a demon built for speed, wouldn't be surprised if it lacks sound insulation in favor or weight savings.

It's pretty weird that you can't overlay images on top of each other.

Also, in that trailer, is the damage really that visually apparent or is it nonsense?

viveks86

I'd doubt that. It won't be 'additive' would be the safer assumption.

That's also an assumption that optimizations don't get better over time. Every generation that preceded is proof that it isn't true. If not 4x MSAA, then some other new technique like what is used for Ryse or Infamous will take it's place. There's no reason to think IQ can't improve in the future without compromising others visual aspects. It's too safe an assumption, if anything.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Guys, I was thinking... in honor of Studio Liverpool, I'd like to make a WipEout themed Club somewhere down the line.

I was thinking AG Systems inspired.

I plan to remain a free agent until my skills are good enough to benefit joining a club.

But let's keep this idea in mind? :3

Remf

Might have been posted already, but do we have any videos of the menu options an such? Can't wait until Tuesday!!

Also, put me in the camp for turning on the music. Nothing better than bumping and thumping while driving at crazy speeds.

Bluenova

Neo Member
People just aren't used to this type of engine.

An engine where every object / material in the game is dynamically lit. So the slightest change in the day, cloud cover, whatever changes everything about the screen.

So one picture may look " sharper " because it has a ton more shadowing, but only because the sun is more to the setting position causing shadows on every object to change position and lengthen while another has the sun position near noontime when shadows are smaller.

preach.

OmegaDL50

Is there online racing with the PS+ version?

The game is heavily online centric due to the club theme. It would be a poor showcase one of the games major focus points to not have it in the PS+ version.

From based on what Evolution said, the PS+ is functionally identical to the full experience outside smaller car and track selection.

RoKKeR

y5n8ZE.gif

"Forza Killer", really...

...because that worked so well for Killzone.

I'm looking forward to trying out the game but I really don't get that sort of marketing. It's like Watch Dogs gunning at GTA with their dumb "come to Chicago" poster.

"Forza Killer", really...

...because that worked so well for Killzone.

I'm looking forward to trying out the game but I really don't get that sort of marketing. It's like Watch Dogs gunning at GTA with their dumb "come to Chicago" poster.
Well to be fair Killzone didn't stand much of a chance of beating Forza.

Top Bottom