• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry 3 Details and Trailer (3/21)

Seda

VG247

A new Far Cry 3 trailer has confirmed that those pre-ordering Far Cry 3 will get the Lost Exhibitions Edition, which includes two exclusive missions for an extra 40 minutes of gameplay. And it shows a hang glider. And sharks.

The missions are called Forgotten Experiment and Ignition in the Deep, and will only be available for pre-ordering.
Don’t be gigantically surprised if the levels are pushed out as DLC after launch, however.

Pre-orderers will also get an extra weapon for multiplayer: the Type 10 Japanese WWII Flare Gun. For flaring stuff.

The video itself features new gameplay, footage from the E3 and gamescom demos last year, and some old video from a recent demo.

Antagonist Vas talks about insanity again, just to be sure. And yep, the hang glider’s in there; it couldn’t be Far Cry without it. Bet you weren’t banking on having sharks in the water, though.

Get it below with new shots. Far Cry 3 releases on September 7 for PS3, 360 and PC. [PAL Date]

jpg

Trailer

Gamersyde has the 60fps video: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_far_cry_3_gameplay_trailer-12641_en.html

Does the game feature hunting? I guess yes.

The game cover art:

did i just spot a dinosaur at 0:42

either not a dinosaur, or it's an in-game hallucination... either way AWESOME

oh boo, posted too soon, looks like a komodo. game needs dinosaurs

inception horn all up in here o_O

screw this preorder bullshit man wtf? taking stuff out of the game just for pre-order bonuses...so wrong. its worse than those other preorders bonuses that give you an extra weapon or two because this one is two entire missions.

Decado

Hmmm. Hard to tell from the trailer, but it looks like they've skipped implementing model/skin damage again. Wake me up when shooters start getting the shooting people/things part right. Will likely pass.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You had me at psychedelics. I would play a game that did that for 20+ hours where no gun/fighting was involved to be honest. Just exploration whether mental or physical.

I wish it was coming out in a couple weeks instead of Sep 7. I'll probably buy it either way, but I think it might do better if it was releasing now.

Gileadxv

Banned
That was a trailer done right. Looks exciting! I am, however, disappointed with the trend of exclusive missions being tied to pre-orders.

Pctx

Banned
My guess is that the first half of the game is a flashback and that he has been transported back to Mexico in which the last half of the game is set in. This would make most sense giving the player FC1 and FC2 type locales and diverse environments.

The drug aspect looks interesting.

Interesting cover. Not necessarily good or bad, but interesting.

Why they felt the need to cartoon-ify/blur/alter it for the North American release... who knows.

Barakov

The more I see of this the more I want to play it. However, the more I look at that cover the more I think it's one of the worst covers of this gen.

Randdalf

What do you bet that the hallucination sequences are only a small portion of the game and that they're only emphasising it because of the good reaction to them in the previous trailers and previews.

wow, i havent been excited for a new game/fps for a long time. Never even played any of the Crisis or Far Cry games but this one has me sold. Not to mention I just built a new PC, so I am ready...

Oh my god! How good does that look!

I hope the R18 rating is in effect in Australia though because if it's not by then, this game is a PRIME candidate for BAN.

I'm trying to see what's bad about the cover. Looks fairly bad-ass.

Very much looking forward to this one. Reminds me that I have to finish FC2 one of these days. Love the immersion in that game!

Nizz

I'm surprised they seem to be using Cryengine instead of their own Dunia engine. Not watching that trailer because I want to save it for the game itself. I really liked Far Cry 2, even with the irritating respawning enemies. Controls could be better, hope they're solid in FC3 (console).

Top Bottom