• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry 3 Details and Trailer (3/21)

They clearly had to emphasize the insane guy after the public's positive reaction to him at the last E3. He's a lot more present in trailers and even on that cover than the main character himself.

Jac_Solar

I agree to the guy who talked about the hallucination sequences -- it seems like they want the public to think that it's a big part of the gameplay, cause there's severel small sequences in almost every gameplay preview released thus far. (And, obviously, they probably put a lot of effort and thought into the gameplay previews/trailers.)

I really dislike it when a gameplay, or even a developer talks about a feature of the game as if it's a large part of the game, or implying that a feature is just one of maany more extremely detailed features -- but, it turns out that those things were hardly worth mentioning, even, unless going into extreme details.

Anyhow, I've been very hyped about this game, but this recent preview made the game look sort of dull. The beach location looks like it was pulled straight out of Far Cry 1, which wasn't really open world -- why?

They've shown off a couple of vehicles, gameplay aspects, important NPC's, quests, many locations, but why haven't they shown off any of the open world gameplay? Most of the stuff they've shown off so far look like levels, not open world gameplay.

They've been touting the open world aspect since the game was announced, but they haven't shown any videos running/driving through wide open plains, exploring the jungle, forest, mountains, or even a map of the world itself? Why?

idZOv8eEV6GLt.jpg

Hunting confirmed? PETA probably mad, just no one tell them you guys.

iGZi0v6nZOGhh.jpg

Younger Dr Earnhardt, side effect of drug?

injurai

Banned
Graphics look OK for PS3/360.

I hope the PC graphics actually look similar to what is in the screenshots.

Far Cry 2 was from 2008. They have completely revamped their engine pipelines and infrastructure for this game. Not to mention most game these days, including console ports, are making good use of current computer technology. I have no doubt it will look good. It all comes down to hardware mouse support for me.

If the FC3's pre-order missions would follow Assassin's Creed's pre-order missions, they are gonna be free if FC3 has a DLC. When you bought AC's DLC, the pre-order missions were always included.

See, they're not free if you still have to pay money to get them. This business is still bullshit

That being said, the acting, as over the top it is, is fantastic from the trailers. I only hope the combat has a bit more depth than stab enemy in neck, throw knife at guy 15 feet ahead, I mean come on, you can only show him do the same damn thing a few times before even something as amazingly awesome as that gets old.

Top Bottom