• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII + vs XIII HQ scans (56k beware)

Feep said:
Where can I find a version of this picture without the GAF-text? It was funny, but it's a beautiful shot I'd like to have, unaltered.

BEHOLD!!!!

ffxiii04.jpg

disappeared said:
Diablos, would you rather that FF females resemble the loli trend that's sweeping Japanese anime and gaming right now?

Fuck this, I'm not even arguing anymore. Lightning is fine.

Eat a dick.

neojubei said:
Don't kid yourself, that wasn't funny.

disappeared said:
I'm with you completely. I think I'm just going to start using this more often:

Add _________ to Your Ignore List

disappeared said:
Thank christ. Finally, another awesome female lead! Lightning is the alpha and omega.

And she's fuckin' hot.

rawr rawr rawr

:lol :lol :lol :lol hot damn, videogame girls are serious fucking business.

Ploid 3.0

Borys said:
I didn't mean to offend any FF fans. I love the series and can't wait for FF13 but that pic with Cloud/ Lighting *is* funny.

I was thinking of doing one of fulgor of killer instincts, and the robot character from Fallout. Reminds me of the michale jackson video body morphing tech. Those people don't look alike but the way the process ease you into the next picture seems natural. A better way would be to suddenly change them with 100 opacity, back and foward in a endless gif loop. It is fun to see the transformations. I loved that type of stuff back in the day and thought it was magic.

I've been waiting for a great FFXIII wallpaper like that far too long. AWESOME. That's going to make a killer PSN background.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
jman2050 said:
...Cloud, is that you?
Death_Born said:
Lightning = New Cloud (get it? huh?)
People joke about this, but it's actually officially accurate.

EGM: What can you tell us about the heroine of FFXIII?
Motomu Toriyama: We can't tell you all the details, unfortunately. Looking at the history of the FF series, there were already female main characters, like in FFVI, FFX, and FFX-2. This time, one of the characteristics of this heroine is that she's not that feminine. I tried to make her someone very strong, independent. When I asked Mr. Nomura to design this character, I requested someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVII.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151333

Alaluef said:
People joke about this, but it's actually officially accurate.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151333

I was about to say this. Over obsessed fanboys get all defensive when people call her estrogen-Cloud but it's essentially true, they wanted to make a female variant to Cloud. And personally I do think her facial structure is a bit like Cloud (which is ok since Cloud looks like Gackt in the first place, who looks like a girl). People need to get over themselves, this thread is getting a little creepy.

madara

No pics of Lightning in second half yet where she gains over 100lbs? I'm interested in what this "john woo blubber like attack looks like. Rumors state the physics are insane.

Chris Michael said:
I was about to say this. Over obsessed fanboys get all defensive when people call her estrogen-Cloud but it's essentially true, they wanted to make a female variant to Cloud. And personally I do think her facial structure is a bit like Cloud (which is ok since Cloud looks like Gackt in the first place, who looks like a girl). People need to get over themselves, this thread is getting a little creepy.

Thinking about it, I have a feeling that perhaps he meant Cloud only in a sense, someone as popular, "bad-ass" looking, someone moody and (in a way) anti heroesque.

To an extent I can see some of the physical similarities but...eh.

androvsky

madara said:
No pics of Lightning in second half yet where she gains over 100lbs? I'm interested in what this "john woo blubber like attack looks like. Rumors state the physics are insane.

Yeah, but it all went to her tits. Secret Soul Calibur 4 character confirmed!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
While I do agree that Lightning is incredibly good looking for a character design, some of you guys are going a little overboard in that.

:lol

Hcoregamer00 said:
While I do agree that Lightning is incredibly good looking for a character design, some of you guys are going a little overboard in that.

:lol

OVERBOARD!!??

Man, I'm just so pumped that we get a kickass female character to lead! Honestly, there aren't enough games that cast a female considering about 99% of games feature males. What more can you ask for than a badass chick without having her wave her tits around? Lightning looks like she'd decapitate a guy just for looking at her funny.

OVERBOARD!!!!

7x8nift.gif

f_LightningCom_dc76715.jpg
ff13pic1.jpg

f468d7878ddd0c54.jpg
Lightning_by_Soutsuki_Ayane.jpg

tgs07_lightning.jpg
937188437_134e325de9.jpg

lightning_large.jpg

4tum2hy.gif

Ploid 3.0

lyre said:
More like prerendered promotional art, but either way, quite pathetic isn't it.

Better than when they "fapped" over master chief, Kill zone 2 red eyes, KZ2 Convoy, Nathan Drake, Crysis suit, Gears of war guy, and mario bee suit. No?

lyre

Byakuya769 said:
Which is baby steps away from fapping at pictures of real women you'll never meet and wouldn't have a chance in hell at...

If they want to fap, let them fap.
Baby steps which many here would never complete. :(

Ploid 3.0

OT but to clear something up about the "Dudes drooling over polygons" thing. Dudes pretty much drool over anything that looks attractive (the curves of cars come close but thats another topic). Someone could paint a tastefully provocative lady with perfect features, and cloth work that is pleasing to the eye in which a normal rl person couldn't pull off. It wouldn't be unnatral to think it looks sexy or actually. That's pretty much nature.

You can show a dog, turkey, or deer a life sized picture of a opposite sex and it will most likely get them to react to it (I'm sure decoys do).

Even if it's a real picture, or a movie of a human it's still fake. The people that react to those should also be laughed at, and recieve pitty, right? Not saying people in this thread are drooling at the character being attractive, as opposed to being designed in a awesome way (no huge tits, tipical game girls doa type stuff).

Also Lightning looks like Yuna and Rinoa, and Quitsis, and Sophi, also Sep

Lightning's sexy. That's all there is to it. This "fap" talk is bullshit.

Oh and I haven't slept in over 30 hours, and I've been doing nothing but chainsmoking. Maybe part of that could be attributed to my behaviour. :lol

Top Bottom