• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII + vs XIII HQ scans (56k beware)

batbeg

Diablos said:
Cloud always had a feminine side, remember when he had to walk around in a dress? Now that he got a sex change, he can do this all the time!

677974.jpg

Obviously a woman.

Diablos said:
oh come on, SHE LOOKS LIKE CLOUD.

Seriously, Lightning = Cloud, with different hair, tits, and a vagina.

eh, not really, cloud look a little femine...if anything, he looks like her...

either way, why are you complaining? She looks pretty good to me, much better than the females in other nex gen jrpgs...consider those in LO for instance

heh, that has a resemblance to squall, actually I though that when I saw her...seems to be intentional, giving what people have described concerning the trailers

Diablos, would you rather that FF females resemble the loli trend that's sweeping Japanese anime and gaming right now?

Fuck this, I'm not even arguing anymore. Lightning is fine.

Eat a dick.

disappeared said:
Diablos, would you rather that FF females resemble the loli trend that's sweeping Japanese anime and gaming right now?

nah, probably something like this:

mr2.jpg

damn, now this is a model I want actually...awesome

VonGak!

Banned
Two eyes, a nose, a chin, a mouth, two ears... :O Wow, they do all look alike

This thread is a testiment to Gaffers eating way too many paint chips

nelsonroyale said:
Im not into plastic models...but that is so much cooler than the he-man and thunder cats crap that was going around when I was younger

I can't really speak for Thundercats, but those He-man figures from when i was a kid were made to PLAYED with. Those things were indestructible. mine routinely survived 3 and 4 story flights out of windows, crushings by car, freezing, submerging...you name it.

They weren't that pretty to look at, but they could take some punishment.

That model while undoubtedly cooler, seems to be made more to sit on display somewhere in one or two poses.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Diablos said:
Cloud always had a feminine side, remember when he had to walk around in a dress? Now that he got a sex change, he can do this all the time!

Don't kid yourself, that wasn't funny.

karasu

?? That image shows that Lightning and Cloud don't even have the same facial features! They have similar bone structure, but you could probably do the same thing with Lightning and nearly any other character from Advent Children.

Chrono

Banned
Can we have a single Final Fantasy thread without the usual morons coming in and pointing out that the characters aren't as ugly as they're used to in their manly first person shooters? Fuck off already.

Lightning

Banned
Chrono said:
Can we have a single Final Fantasy thread without the usual morons coming in and pointing out that the characters aren't as ugly as they're used to in their manly first person shooters? Fuck off already.
I personally wish the whole character comparison bullshit would stop. It's fucking retarded.

Durante

karasu said:
?? That image shows that Lightning and Cloud don't even have the same facial features!
Chrono said:
QFT. This is getting supremely retarded. LOLZ Cloud face is the new LOLZ Nomura zippers.

Lightning said:
I personally wish the whole character comparison bullshit would stop. It's fucking retarded.

It's unavoidable. People have to find fault in everything, even something as innocent as a fictional character design.

Borys

Banned
I didn't mean to offend any FF fans. I love the series and can't wait for FF13 but that pic with Cloud/ Lighting *is* funny.

Borys said:
I didn't mean to offend any FF fans. I love the series and can't wait for FF13 but that pic with Cloud/ Lighting *is* funny.

Hey man, you didn't make the image. No harm no foul. That's what Firefox's image block is for. :lol

Borys

Banned
disappeared said:
Hey man, you didn't make the image. No harm no foul. That's what Firefox's image block is for. :lol

Cool, I hope you people got mad at me.

Here's my PS2 FF games. Posted because some people called me a Sony troll before:

313678p.jpg

I love this series!!!

Lightning

Banned
disappeared said:
It's unavoidable. People have to find fault in everything, even something as innocent as a fictional character design.
Yeah but that's just the whole point... it's like people are going into excessive detail just to find something to complain about. Enjoying things for what they are is practically nonexistent. You can't have a FFXIII thread where Lightning isn't compared to Cloud or some random stupid actor or whatever idiots want to find just to piss on the game.

It gets really annoying after a while.

Lightning said:
Yeah but that's just the whole point... it's like people are going into excessive detail just to find something to complain about. Enjoying things for what they are is practically nonexistent. You can't have a FFXIII thread where Lightning isn't compared to Cloud or some random stupid actor or whatever idiots want to find just to find just to piss on the game.

It gets really annoying after a while.

I'm with you completely. I think I'm just going to start using this more often:

Add _________ to Your Ignore List

Or this:

gtfo.jpg

batbeg

Posted on the last page. I only glanced over them but it doesn't really look like there's anything new... I mean, multiple pages use the same picture. WTF?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Lightning said:
ZOMG. Epic FAIL. I want Lightning.

It would definitely be an epic fail because all the initial trailers had her in it and from that point onwards we were under the assumption that this is the first final fantasy since FF6 that had a female lead.

Ramenman

I sure don't like FF Games, but i do like the universe Versus XIII is showing. Don't quite know why, but there's something with that "two guys and the car" screen.

Handled by the KH team ? Is that KH-like in gameplay?

Lightning

Banned
Under the character section of FFXIII.net it says this:

Name: Lightning
Weapon: Combined Firearm/Sword
Height: Unknown
BirthPlace: Unknown

Though she has forgotten her real name, she is known by the codename "The Lightning". Square-Enix at first announced she probably wasn't the main character of FFXIII in an interview with the developers in Gemaga magazine however she has now been confirmed to be the protagonist of the game. With energetic ariel, physical and magical attacks she is a formidable fighter and a valuable force to have control of. During the E3 2006 trailer she was attacking enemy soldiers but it isn't clear whether they were allied with Pulse or Cocoon.

Durante

Lightning said:
Though she has forgotten her real name, she is known by the codename "The Lightning". Square-Enix at first announced she probably wasn't the main character of FFXIII in an interview with the developers in Gemaga magazine however she has now been confirmed to be the protagonist of the game. With energetic ariel, physical and magical attacks she is a formidable fighter and a valuable force to have control of. During the E3 2006 trailer she was attacking enemy soldiers but it isn't clear whether they were allied with Pulse or Cocoon.
Good. Lightning > *

From the descriptions of Pulse and Cocoon I can't imagine the soldiers in the initial trailer not being related to Cocoon. They look too high-tech/organized for Pulse.

iceatcs

I was warm-up on Photoshop for next assignment, I thought I would like to share my wallpaper I made early.

Click for 1900x1200

Lightning said:
Though she has forgotten her real name, she is known by the codename "The Lightning". Square-Enix at first announced she probably wasn't the main character of FFXIII in an interview with the developers in Gemaga magazine however she has now been confirmed to be the protagonist of the game.

Thank christ. Finally, another awesome female lead! Lightning is the alpha and omega.

And she's fuckin' hot.

hatersgtfo1.png

KZObsessed

iceatcs said:
I was warm-up on Photoshop for next assignment, I thought I would like to share my wallpaper I made early.

Daaamn that's awesome! Going straight on my PS3. Thanx! If you make any more plz post them.

Zoe said:
I finally ranked in the top 100 on one of them, Easy 4 :D

As much as I like this game though, I don't think there's any way I'm ever gonna beat it. I just simply can't get past some levels.

Lightning cares not for your top 100. Or your levels.

Feep

Banned
disappeared said:
Thank christ. Finally, another awesome female lead! Lightning is the alpha and omega.

And she's fuckin' hot.

hatersgtfo1.png
Where can I find a version of this picture without the GAF-text? It was funny, but it's a beautiful shot I'd like to have, unaltered.

Top Bottom