• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII + vs XIII HQ scans (56k beware)

near

Gold Member
Kyoufu said:
You're right, just read that part. So is it going to be a code-name given to her by the Crystal?

I think it probably is something along those lines, I remember they said that Lightning is just a codename to hide her true identity. Maybe we'll have to discover her true identity ourselves, during the story.

Epix

Originating from Joystik so may or may not be true:

Normura Promises 2008 Release:

We know that Final Fantasy games, much like fine wine and Radiohead albums, take some time to come together nicely -- still, it's hard for us to believe that Final Fantasy XIII (in all its shapes and forms) will be dropping by its latest release date of "this year". We've had our hearts broken so many times by delays for hotly anticipated titles that we've sadly come to expect them.

Fear not, says the comforting voice of long time series character designer Tetsuya Nomura, the long wait for the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection will be over soon enough. Not only does he swear by the game's 2008 release date, he teases at a playable demo for FFXIII on the PlayStation Network a while before the game is released, to show off the game's revamped battle system. So don your steepled hat and cuddle tight your cactaur plushie -- your chance to sit down with the unluckiest chapter in Square Enix's seminal RPG franchise could be just around the corner.
http://www.duggmirror.com/playstation/FFXIII_to_be_released_this_year_promises_Square/

WrikaWrek

Banned
Airkiru said:
I think it probably is something along those lines, I remember they said that Lightning is just a codename to hide her true identity. Maybe we'll have to discover her true identity ourselves, during the story.

Man, Versus main character looks awesome. Lightning too.

But i know lightning's "name", what's the name of the Versus dude? 1st Dude main character, visually, that i like in a FF since FFVIII

Kyoufu

FlashbladeGAF said:
Nomura Promises 2008 Release:

...in Japan

Everyone else will have to wait for the year long translation process.

Where did he say 2008 release date? All we got was a "when we can finally sleep" or something.

Barakov

FlashbladeGAF said:
Nomura Promises 2008 Release:

...in Japan

Everyone else will have to wait for the year long translation process.

Unless they're planning to import.
Providing it does come out in 2008, of course.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
28it9p0.jpg
180px-Roger_Delgado.jpg

Final Fantasy/Doctor Who crossover?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
The new issue of Gemaga magazine is coming out on the 30th January in Japan and it has even more details on Final Fantasy XIII and Versus. Nomura is also going to comment in the article too.

Some details on the Versus characters from the article have been revealed early.

The symbols which appear behind the protagonist and girl are supposed to be involved in the battle system as well as the plot of the game.
The relationship between the main character and the girl has something to do with the Shakespeare quote shown in the E3 2006 trailer ("There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.")
Source: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/

Dyno

Airkiru said:

Cloud's daughter?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
VonGak! said:
harSon said:
I saw a few Nigerians and other Africans in Japan when I traveled there, it's not like Black people are a foreign entity now. I'm sure there are some Persians,Indians, etc spread through out Japan as well.
It's called a Zoo
Sorry, couldn't help myself
Dude wtf?

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, the more I see Lightning the more awesome she is. I can't wait until this promised info from Square starts flowing through.

I noticed this on ff-xiii.net. Hopefully it isn't true, as I want a female lead.

ff-xiii.net said:
Lightning - She appears to be the main character of FFXIII (however recent reports describe that she is not the main character)

I want to read these "recent reports" they based this off of, but I'm still a little spooked now. They go on to say that they think the guy with the trenchcoat and gun (Mr. 33cm) could most likely be the lead.

disappeared said:
I noticed this on ff-xiii.net. Hopefully it isn't true, as I want a female lead.

I want to read these "recent reports" they based this off of, but I'm still a little spooked now. They go on to say that they think the guy with the trenchcoat and gun (Mr. 33cm) could most likely be the lead.

The only time i've heard any talk that she wasn't the main character was around the time the game was unveiled. Since then it seems like it's been accepted that she in the main character.

Lightning

Banned
disappeared said:

ZOMG. Epic FAIL. I want Lightning.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Im totally catching what versus is throwing.

Loving the character designs, which is kind of a first for me and nomura.

Maybe this has made its rounds on GAF already, but I stumbled upon this the other day (also posted this in the "geek GAF figure models thread). I can't believe they already have this ready to go. Hopefully it hits shelves soon.

This'd be sitting on my shelf in a fucking heartbeat.

f1.jpg

Oh god, her legs crossed like that, sword in hand... I'm in heaven.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
damnit, this will make me buy a ps3... i really shouldn't be buying more systems...

karasu said:
Damn the hater. Nomura is a genius.

If he can keep crafting characters like Aya Brea, Yuffie, Selphie, Quistis, Rikku, Lulu, and now Lightning, and several of those female characters from Agito, I never want him to stop.

Im not into plastic models...but that is so much cooler than the he-man and thunder cats crap that was going around when I was younger

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Honestly I think he didn't have as much freedom for the Final Fantasy's he worked on, so those character designs are much less "his" than in KH1, Advent Children, etc etc. And none of those have been that great. Despite that, I still love everything he directs, I like the emo themes he focuses on :p

Diablos

disappeared said:
Maybe this has made its rounds on GAF already, but I stumbled upon this the other day (also posted this in the "geek GAF figure models thread). I can't believe they already have this ready to go. Hopefully it hits shelves soon.

This'd be sitting on my shelf in a fucking heartbeat.

f1.jpg

Oh god, her legs crossed like that, sword in hand... I'm in heaven.
Cloud always had a feminine side, remember when he had to walk around in a dress? Now that he got a sex change, he can do this all the time!

Diablos said:
Cloud always had a feminine side, remember when he had to walk around in a dress? Now that he got a sex change, he can do this all the time!

A femenist joke about an FF male character? UNHEARD OF!

Diablos

oh come on, SHE LOOKS LIKE CLOUD.

Seriously, Lightning = Cloud, with different hair, tits, and a vagina.

Also,

2zzrcdg.jpg

Looks like Squall came back from the dead, too. :D

Top Bottom