• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII + vs XIII HQ scans (56k beware)

Nolan.

The only thing I don't like about FFXIII so far is the apparent distribution of the summons. I mean if they are just kept in discs and characters randomly gets a few. It does seem like they are slightly unimportant and yet again a gimmick.

Holy Shit! My face is melting!!!!

Versus looks awesome. The characters just look "fun".

And XIII is just...........

I can't explain my excitement for these games.

Prince8

Banned
zoukka said:
Oh my god! Even I didn`t think it would be this bad. Unbelievable.

What`s wrong with the DUKE man.
I want normal looking people to be arrogant, not only space marines (I hate to use that term, but it's true )

jiggle

Nolan. said:
The only thing I don't like about FFXIII so far is the apparent distribution of the summons. I mean if they are just kept in discs and characters randomly gets a few. It does seem like they are slightly unimportant and yet again a gimmick.

Only the Rushi can summon them.

Tr4nce

Those new pictures are full of awesomeness! Man, I am so hyped again for FFXIII. Some character designs could have been done better, but fuck it, it's Final Fantasy!!

Ephemeris

I haven't felt the urge to play a Final Fantasy game this bad since..

.. shiit. The FF8 PSM Demo. :lol :lol

I imagine the Demo for XIII is coming out late 2k8. -_-

tnw

Banned
The location featuring the new female character is inspired by Tokyo's Shinjuku district, with the twin skyscrapers undoubtedly being based on the famed Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

Funny, Kenzo Tange, who also designed the previous metropolitan building in Marunouchi before it moved to Shinjuku (and was replaced with the Tokyo Int'l Forum), based the design of the towers off of Gothic Cathedrals specifically Notre Dame.

It's a derivative of a derivative. Cost a ridiculous amount of tax revenue too.

And it's ridiculous for designers to think of designing this game for a Japanese audience. Most people playing these games with the way it is now will not be Japanese.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Are we already comparing the characters to Cloud?

My bitterness for the lack of media is gone. Keep it up, SE.

Edit:

jiggle said:
wat.jpg
:lol

tnw said:
And it's ridiculous for designers to think of designing this game for a Japanese audience. Most people playing these games with the way it is now will not be Japanese.

I don't see how what they're doing here is any different from what they've done with previous FF's. It's obvious that the look of their games is geared toward the Japanese crowd but at the sametime it's still appealing to people in other countries. So what exactly is the big deal?

Vs XIII just skyrocketed on my anticipation meter. I love the setting and the character designs. XIII looks pants-shittingly awesome as always.

Prince8

Banned
Totobeni said:
that Naruto ,yeah he is annoying

well he actually look kinda like Naruto tho
Naruto doesn't look that cool, Naruto looks like a tard, always the thing I hated most about the anime.

I'm drolling all over my keyboard here

That new girl in FFXIII reminds me of Selphie so I already love it :D

So when's TGS and E3 again?

Also, is that bearded guy Cid?

VonGak!

Banned
ichigo kurosaki said:
I wonder... Is there any actual screenshot of the games in question or is it all CG (which I assume)?

Does it really matter? The art style lends it self very well to current game techniques and if the white engine is anything like the Uncharted engine it should be very possible to capture the essence of these scenarios in-game.

I'm just glad that they make use of Blu-Ray, the space should allow for a ton of "static" 3D backdrops/vistas.

Prince8

Banned
zoukka said:
Your'e more of a Sasuke man :lol
I hate his character in the show, but he looks way better. It's so stupid that most anime main characters have to look like casual pussies/losers. Btw, I was only talking about the way Naruto looks, not his character.

VonGak!

Banned
Prince8 said:
I hate his character in the show, but he looks way better. It's so stupid that most anime main characters have to look like casual pussies/losers. Btw, I was only talking about the way Naruto looks, not his character.

Do you want the main characters to be more like Orphen? :S

Ceb

Metalmurphy said:
They are. Small crystals are a dead giveaway.

Dengeki specifically mentioned that the shot of the female was real-time. The one of the protagonist looks to be on the same level, but I'm unsure if they confirm it in the magazine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ukiraros

Oh damn, thank for the scans jiggle.

Himuro said:
holyshit.gif

Holy SHIT

When I saw this I thought the girl was actually a real.

VSXIII is beginning to look even better than I thought. It has that mafia-esque feel to to it.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Metalmurphy said:
They are. Small crystals are a dead giveaway.
Doesn't the magazine confirms that those two are real time? Besides, they do look in-game, look at the faces: They are less detailed than the CG ones, about as detailed as FFXIII's real-time graphics.

EDIT:
Dengeki specifically mentioned that the shot of the female was real-time. The one of the protagonist looks to be on the same level, but I'm unsure if they confirm it in the magazine.
I thought it was Famitsu?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
zoukka said:
No way dood.
Well, I won't banbet on anything here. :lol

The fact that we're confused about what's CG and what's not shows that this game will blow minds in the visual department.

There's nothing I want more from vsXIII right now than a gameplay video. Give me Anything SE, beta stuff like you did with KH, I don't care!

Grivenger said:
Doesn't the magazine confirms that those two are real time? Besides, they do look in-game, look at the faces: They are less detailed than the CG ones, about as detailed as FFXIII's real-time graphics.

EDIT:
I thought it was Famitsu?
Look at the lead characters zipper too, there's no way that amount of detail is real time.

Top Bottom