• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fight Night PS3 Screens

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bad_Boy said:
wow. I said motha ****in wow.

yeah the details are outstanding. I can't wait to see how far videogames go now. Why the **** is EA kicking the ass out of Namco in character models?

Kittonwy

Banned
klee123 said:
Oh come off it! Everyone knows that the PS3 version obviously looks better because of the extra dev time. I wouldn't be surprised if FNR4 will look almost identical on both versions.

Whatever the reasons are can be argued, and whether FNR4 will look identical on both versions or not remains to be seen, but for now, the PS3 version clearly looks superior.

casmaksen

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:
Damn its going to hurt not being able to play this game with rumble.

lol

Lets be sensible. If your gonna compare shots as said before they need to be at least of the same quality and with the fighters in the same arena as in the xbox version the game looks so much better in the staples arena and the other big one.

That said its obvious the PS3 versionn has revised textures and modelling and lighting ?(the oilly skin has gotten a bit out of hand its kinda like kNK 2K2). And definatly does look better. But not by much. The difference is the same amount seen between the last to FIFA revisions on the 360.

And for those who think this is how FN4 will look on both systems. I would hope it looks and animates considerably better as they begin to devlope more from the ground up. Im hoping for the kinda of graphic improvements we saw between Knockout Kings 2k1 on PS2 to FN3.

Does anybody know if they've increased the speed of the game as the i found the 360 version paiunfully slow compared to FN2. They need to think about perhaps having a choice between 3 speeds or something as even with the feather weights the game feels sluggish.

On the rumble thing they really need to just pony up the cash to bring shocks back casue feeling your heart beat through the pad is 1/2 the experience in fight night.

Again if your gonna compare shots to prove how big the improvements are atleast use the same arenas.

mckmas8808

GeoramA said:
Wow, EA doesn't disappoint with this one. Can't wait to see how Madden PS3 is coming along.

I swear if EA can make the PS3 version of Madden look better and stop that damn pausing I'll buy the game on day 1.

jax (old)

Banned
darksquirrel said:
So you know what i mean by old gen gloss.

360:
ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060.jpg

PS3:
ps3_fight-night-round-3_1161006956.jpg

Those comparision shot comparatively makes the 360 version look almost DEJ JAM VENDETTAish if you know what I mean. Man, the ps3 shots look good.

JB1981

mckmas8808 said:
I swear if EA can make the PS3 version of Madden look better and stop that damn pausing I'll buy the game on day 1.

What's this pausing you guys keep talking about?

fartblast

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
The game lacked 60fps, good animation and convincing hit detection. IMO, the game should've been designed with those things as a priority. Hell, any (sports) game should!

i no rite... game is fun and cool to watch but no matter how hard i'm beating someones ass it still never feels like im completely in the pwn zone.

Doom_Bringer said:
:lol
I would call it FN 3.5 if it had better animation but sadly it doesn't therefore its Fight Night 3 with an additional mode
Well damn, the animation sucks but I'm assuming that EA will do the animation shit last. I hope.

Are you happier with Fight Night 3.2? Or 3.1.5a.

I think it's safe to say that FN PS3 won't be running at 1080p.

Thank you, Jesus!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JB1981 said:
What's this pausing you guys keep talking about?
that horrible pause right before you go to your menu to pick a new play, or when the cinematic animations start going. god those are horrible, i hope they fix those too.

rastex

Banned
Ever since the demo I have no idea what the hell people are talking about when they refer to bad animation. I think FN3 animates incredibly well. And these shots look fantastic.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
It's obviously due to the extra 9 months. Really, how can this be argued? Wait till FN4 releases day and date on both consoles to make these multi-platform comparisons. Same with RR7 and RR6... shit, that's a full year and people use it as a bullet-point for PS3's superiority. What makes it even funnier is that they're not even the same game.

Merovingian said:
Somebody said this was a generational leap above the 360 version.

And really, its the same models, but redone textures.

After reading the rest of that post, you could have figured out it was a sarcastic remark.;)

C4Lukins

Those are some terrible 360 pictures being posted, but the PS3 version does look better. I would expect as much with the extra time in development.

Merovingian said:
Somebody said this was a generational leap above the 360 version.

And really, its the same models, but redone textures.

Clearly it was joke, if not it shouldn't be humored too much especially at the cost of downplaying the game's visuals.

Umm...yes...*looks at Xbox360 and PS3 specs*....yep someone surely a person can gather you can get a generational leap out of one of the best looking games in under year on the same generation speced hardware!!

It just understates how amazing the game looks and any improvements they are making already in the same year by such foolish ill-concieved statements.

CurlySaysX said:
incredible!
thats a generational leap on the x360 version.
i guess the extra $200 is more than justified.

No its more along the lines of "almost a year of extra development time" is more than justified.

If they had this long to develop the 360 version, it would look just as good, except for the light sources.

How much AA are they using. The game looks great without a doubt. But I do believe those pics have been touched up. It's rather disturbing if it really looks like that.

Marbles

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

Everyone around love them, love them
Put it in your hands
Take it take it
There's no time to cry
Happy happy
Put it in your heart
Where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

casmaksen

Banned
Does anybody have any pics of the ring card girls. i'd like to see if they've sorted out the weird looking limbs.
Actually i just wanna see if they've given them the baby oil treatment too :)

Rampage99

Yay for almost an extra year of development time! It's obvious this game was going to look better because of it. Like others mentioned, the 360 version if it had been held off until the PS3 version came out would have looked just as good.

wow a fight night 3 thread that turned into a debate about why the ps3 version is technically better looking.

given that EA themselves said it was partly the longer dev time, and partly the power of the PS3, i don't see how this debate keeps coming up.

mckmas8808

TobitheCat said:
I think it's safe to say that FN PS3 won't be running at 1080p.

Thank you, Jesus!

Curious but why are you thanking Jesus for that?

sangreal

This game seems quite popular when it looks better than the 360 version but the threads with sub-par screenshots/vide seem to die a quick death

hyp

this looks hot, but i don't think i could justify buying it again with only a couple new features and some polished graphics... i think i'll gamefly this once i get my ps3.

Yoboman

Gold Member
m0dus said:
This is the closest thing I could find to a similar camera angle. sadly, one of the boxers is a generic/random create a character, and the Jpeg compression is a bit too high, but there you go :lol
you can really tell the difference goes beyond simple sweat effects.

11.jpg
He made him spit out his chocolate milk :(

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
fartblast said:
i no rite... game is fun and cool to watch but no matter how hard i'm beating someones ass it still never feels like im completely in the pwn zone.

:lol @ 'pwn zone'

Can I use that?

PS3 and 360 both have different strengths but I doubt a port of a 8 month old game is utilizing any on the ps3 strengths... the key here is time and refinement of the engine

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
casmaksen said:
lol

Lets be sensible. If your gonna compare shots as said before they need to be at least of the same quality and with the fighters in the same arena as in the xbox version the game looks so much better in the staples arena and the other big one.

That said its obvious the PS3 versionn has revised textures and modelling and lighting ?(the oilly skin has gotten a bit out of hand its kinda like kNK 2K2). And definatly does look better. But not by much. The difference is the same amount seen between the last to FIFA revisions on the 360.

And for those who think this is how FN4 will look on both systems. I would hope it looks and animates considerably better as they begin to devlope more from the ground up. Im hoping for the kinda of graphic improvements we saw between Knockout Kings 2k1 on PS2 to FN3.

Does anybody know if they've increased the speed of the game as the i found the 360 version paiunfully slow compared to FN2. They need to think about perhaps having a choice between 3 speeds or something as even with the feather weights the game feels sluggish.

On the rumble thing they really need to just pony up the cash to bring shocks back casue feeling your heart beat through the pad is 1/2 the experience in fight night.

Again if your gonna compare shots to prove how big the improvements are atleast use the same arenas.

Damage control in full effect.

Using your logic, I guess since Blazing Angels has about the same amount of extra development time we can expect this amount of improvement as well?

All multiplatform games already released to 360 to look much better on PS3 confirmed!

Top Bottom