• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fight Night PS3 Screens

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Rampage99 said:
Yay for almost an extra year of development time! It's obvious this game was going to look better because of it. Like others mentioned, the 360 version if it had been held off until the PS3 version came out would have looked just as good.

While I agree with you statement that the 360 version would have looked the same, there were people on this board that thought it wouldn't look better and said that it looked identical to the 360 version.

But again I also think that FN4 will look the same on both consoles.

Mojovonio

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
While I agree with you statement that the 360 version would have looked the same, there were people on this board that thought it wouldn't look better and said that it looked identical to the 360 version.

But again I also think that FN4 will look the same on both consoles.

But it'll be 60fps on the PS3 and 30 on the 360.

C4Lukins

Mojovonio said:
But it'll be 60fps on the PS3 and 30 on the 360.

I heard 120 fps on the PS3, ten dollars cheaper, and it will impregnate your teenage daughter with a bonified super athlete.

Dahbomb

C4Lukins said:
I heard 120 fps on the PS3, ten dollars cheaper, and it will impregnate your teenage daughter with a bonified super athlete.
It will also be the first game on 2 double sided Blu-Ray discs. SHOCKING!

Sysgen

TheProfessor said:
Damage control in full effect.

Using your logic, I guess since Blazing Angels has about the same amount of extra development time we can expect this amount of improvement as well?

All multiplatform games already released to 360 to look much better on PS3 confirmed!

You should of left your post unedited as the "Damage control in full effect." statement was dumb. The next two are dumber.

The poster you quoted is actually right and was not in "damge control". The boxers in the 360 version do look better when they are in certain arenas. He's also right about the feel of th egame through force feedback. Let's wait until FN4 and then you can have your fun if it's warranted.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Dahbomb said:
It will also be the first game on 2 double sided Blu-Ray discs. SHOCKING!

You forgot a detail... they say the shaders will give the game a "more living" feel than the 360 version... O_O

Pimpwerx

So according to this thread, if we gave every game 8 more months of development, we should see similar improvements to visuals? I guess dev cycles just need to tack on 8 more months to see astonishing gains. Seems pretty simple, yes? ;) PEACE.

Rampage99

Pimpwerx said:
So according to this thread, if we gave every game 8 more months of development, we should see similar improvements to visuals? I guess dev cycles just need to tack on 8 more months to see astonishing gains. Seems pretty simple, yes? ;) PEACE.

Actually yes. 8 months extra for a game is huge.

Tieno

Pimpwerx said:
Yes, everything is the same.

Pimpwerx said:

I know that sarcasm. But that sarcasm just goes to show how clueless you are about game development.

If your average EA game takes over 1 year to be developed, you think 8 months on top of that won't make much difference?

I mean, how dumb can you get? Specially when you take into account its 8 months on top of a finished game.... :lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Rampage99 said:
Actually yes. 8 months extra for a game is huge.

Yeah and ignore the fact that companies got final PS3 dev kits a year later than the 360 or the time it takes to port something. Is more like a 3 months advantage if you ask me.

Mojovonio

Banned
TheProfessor said:
Yeah and ignore the fact that companies got final PS3 dev kits a year later than the 360 or the time it takes to port something. Is more like a 3 months advantage if you ask me.

Why do you strive to make the PS3 seems like its ages ahead of the 360?

Mojovonio said:

He has an icon of Phill harrison son. What more needs to be said!!!??? Its not like its a funny one either, its a serious business one.

Dismissin the fact that final kits are weaker than beta kits is funny too.

mckmas8808

Merovingian said:
I know that sarcasm. But that sarcasm just goes to show how clueless you are about game development.

If your average EA game takes over 1 year to be developed, you think 8 months on top of that won't make much difference?

I mean, how dumb can you get? Specially when you take into account its 8 months on top of a finished game.... :lol

Yeah, but to be fair they did get the PS3 devkits and up to date SDK after they received the 360 versions so....

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
TheProfessor said:

Backwards ass logic ftl

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Mojovonio said:

Is not. I am not trying to do that. But I dont agree on brushing off the fact that this game looks so much better on the PS3 only because of extra time especially since one system was released before the other. I am not sure what all the reasons are but my guesses are:

Extra dev time
EA taking PS development more seriously than 360
Blu-Ray space. //Dont want to start anything so please ignore this.
Multi-threaded processing instead of single threaded.

Mojovonio

Banned
Merovingian said:
He has an icon of Phill harrison son. What more needs to be said!!!??? Its not like its a funny one either, its a serious business one.

Dismissin the fact that final kits are weaker than beta kits is funny too.

Phil Harrison is the shit.

That dude don't take no shit from no one!

mckmas8808

Mojovonio said:

He's not at all. He's just telling the truth. Some people want to act as if they started on the PS3 and 360 versions on the same day with the same level of hardware and software tools. They didn't.

But at the sametime they did have some knowledge of what to expect while making the PS3 version due to making the 360 version.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Merovingian said:

Dismissin the fact that final kits are weaker than beta kits is funny too. [:lol See FUD works people]

That's right son....

Phil is one of the few people I respect in this industry along with Miyamoto, Yasumi Matsuno, and Ted Price.

casmaksen

Banned
Pimpwerx said:

Thats pretty much the development time between the fifa games and they always seem to make graphic improvements ebven more so than seen in PS3 FN3

Mojovonio

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
He's not at all. He's just telling the truth. Some people want to act as if they started on the PS3 and 360 versions on the same day with the same level of hardware and software tools. They didn't.

But at the sametime they did have some knowledge of what to expect while making the PS3 version due to making the 360 version.

Honestly, you know what a good stance to take on everything is?

Forget about all of the technobabble, because you don't understand it anyways.
All you need to do, is realize that in terms of graphics, the two systems will be almost identical. Devs say it all the time. We will have some games that really stand out on both systems, but really, they'll all be in the same league.

If the PS3 really does start putting out games that I can really see a difference in, great, that'll be a plus to an already stellear 3rd party lineup and online system.

SC:CT came out not even a year after Pandora Tommorow and it looked leagues better. It had nothing to do with hardware, it had to do with the develepors getting better.

If you really think FNR4 looks this good soley because of the PS3 hardware, you're going to be very dissapointed when it comes out onthe 360 and looks just like it.

TheProfessor said:
I am not sure what all the reasons are but my guesses are:

Extra dev time
EA taking PS development more seriously than 360
Multi-threaded processing instead of single threaded.

I agree. You sound like you need a vacation though.

Liquid

Banned
TheProfessor said:

you forget what console FN3 debuted on? let me jog your memory. e3? ps3? realtime demo? oh thats right.

Do the names Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm sound familiar to you. I don't know about you, but for me those games made me commit to "camping out" and spending $600 on a PS3.

To the best of my knowledge, both of those games are 720p and 30fps and are the best-looking PS3 titles bar none.

Rampage99 said:
Yay for devs having to say that because it's how they get paid!
if the ps3 version didn't have other improvements beyond graphics, then you and liquid would have a convincing argument to me. but it does have other features. it was an answer to a question in an interview.

the question was 'why does the ps3 version look better, is it because you had longer development time or because the ps3 is more powerful?'. EA said 'it's a bit of both'... but of course, you know better than the developers right? and every other developer in the world is saying that the xbox 360 is 100% equally powerful to the ps3 in every single way.

the ps3 is more powerful than the 360. the gamecube was more powerful than the ps2, and the xbox more powerful than the gamecube.

i don't really care though. i'm not getting a ps3 at launch. i'm looking forwards to more 360 games than i am ps3 games, but anyone who thinks the 360 and ps3 are equally powerful is fooling themselves.

now, you can argue how much more powerful the ps3 is, and anyone calling it generational is also deluding themselves... and yes, i'm sure the 360 is better at certain things than the ps3... but it's so amusing to see all the xbox fans desperately trying to downplay the fact they don't have the power advantage anymore, and seeing all the sony fans suddenly deciding that which system has the more power matters again.

TobitheCat said:
Do the names Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm sound familiar to you. I don't know about you, but for me those games made me commit to "camping out" and spending $600 on a PS3.

To the best of my knowledge, both of those games are 720p and 30fps and are the best-looking PS3 titles bar none.

well there is mgs4 and lair....

peace

DMczaf

ps3fightnightround31161006946fu1.jpg
928302_20060509_screen001.jpg

Someone slap some sense into Namco.

_Angelus_

Banned
Mojovonio said:

All you need to do, is realize that in terms of graphics, the two systems will be almost identical. Devs say it all the time. We will have some games that really stand out on both systems, but really, they'll all be in the same league.

If the PS3 really does start putting out games that I can really see a difference in, great, that'll be a plus to an already stellear 3rd party lineup and online system.

SC:CT came out not even a year after Pandora Tommorow and it looked leagues better. It had nothing to do with hardware, it had to do with the develepors getting better.

If you really think FNR4 looks this good soley because of the PS3 hardware, you're going to be very dissapointed when it comes out onthe 360 and looks just like it.

Nice post,for once someone gets it.

mckmas8808

Mojovonio said:

It's not FN4. And I do think the real FN4 will look the same on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I've already said this already in this very thread.

Top Bottom