• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fight Night PS3 Screens

Kangu

Banned
bumpkin said:
A generational leap? Yeah, not so much. Besides, we all know the 360 launch was pretty rushed, so it's safe to say EA didn't have as much time to fancy up the 360 version before it came out.

You know, he posted that weeks ago.

EDIT: Screens are clearly caps from the Gamers Day video.

Pimpwerx

Those pics are old, and are available at full-resolution somewhere out there. Not sure I know I saw the last two before. PEACE.

EA needs to pony up the dough and put Classic Mike Tyson in the Fight Night series. Mike needs money badly anyway so they could probably get him for cheap.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
EA needs to pony up the dough and put Classic Mike Tyson in the Fight Night series. Mike needs money badly anyway so they could probably get him for cheap.

Only if they buy some Public Enemy tracks for Classic Mike to come out to.

4e5c55aa72.jpg

6fde8f487c.jpg

cc1e6f133f.jpg

e89405c4b1.jpg

Goldrusher

Incredible.

They might want to smooth out the back row audience a little bit. And make sure the heads of those in the front row turn in the right direction.

But the boxers themselves. Amazing.

pr0cs

Definately looks better than the 360 version (which was the only sports game I bought this year).

Not really that surprising though, a good 6-8 months extra development time will do that.

I don't think I'd re-buy the game for the PS3, while the graphics look better it appears to functionally be the same game I bought in February.

360 version looks better to me because it looks less plasticy and more realistic.

360 Version:
1137692301.jpg

PS3 Version:
ps3_fight-night-round-3_1163889686.jpg

Laffy-Taffy boxers and 2D crowds FTL. Don't the 2D people belong in the cheap seats while the 3D folks get the front row seats???

It must be an EA sponsored charity boxing match or something. I'll just chalk that up to place-holder status. However, my OPINION on the graphics still stand. I like the toned down "shininess" of the 360 version better. Let's hope EA tones down that plastic shit in FN4.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
TobitheCat said:
360 version looks better to me because it looks less plasticy and more realistic.

Xbox360 verison looks better because PS3 version has better shading?

:lol

Is this 'Too plasticy'?

_41103422_mayweather_gatti416.jpg

448bfb79-00229-0646c-400cb8e1

raYne

Ok, what the hell is with the tetris block crowd in some of the new pics? Who the hell approved those for release?

TobitheCat said:

360 Version:

PS3 Version:

Laffy-Taffy boxers and 2D crowds FTL. Don't the 2D people belong in the cheap seats while the 3D folks get the front row seats???

It must be an EA sponsored charity boxing match or something. I'll just chalk that up to place-holder status. However, my OPINION on the graphics still stand. I like the toned down "shininess" of the 360 version better. Let's hope EA tones down that plastic shit in FN4.

I like how you copy pasted basically everything from OA. Good job soldier. You seem to ignore every other pic that has been released though. :(

unomas

Banned
The game looks really good, I wish I had a PS3 in my hands so I could play it. I definitely enjoyed the 360 version.

New next gen dev works like this...

1. Holy shit a new console!
2. I wonder what it can do?
3. Hey these shader effects actually work and our models can have 4 times the polys of the old ones.
4. Lets see what we can get away with but not go too crazy in case we paint ourselves into a corner and never get it done.
5. Well that seemed to work well! The game shipped on time, we learned a lot and we didn't use all of the machines' power.
6. You want us to do a sequel? Ok now lets re-arrange a few things and put some new ideas into practice now we know where the bar is and get better performance everywhere, but remember, the game still needs to ship on time.

i don't really get the point of people arguing about 2 games that have a difference about a year between their release..seriously, you must be kidding. you should save all this fanboyism energy for FN4

c ya

Mojovonio

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
Anyone notice a difference in the crowds from the 360 to PS3 version?

PS3 am rosebudded total?

WTF

Well, this game does look bounds better than the 360 version. Who would have guessed EA of all companies to take advantage of the extra power?

jax (old)

Banned
TobitheCat said:

360 Version:
1137692301.jpg

PS3 Version:

WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THE 2D PEOPLE IN THE PS3 VERSION?!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL. IS THIS PLACEHOLDER?

Um. I want a PS3 (go ahead, check my post history) but the more I see the more I..... well, don't.

GhaleonEB

Jax said:
WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THE 2D PEOPLE IN THE PS3 VERSION?!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL. IS THIS PLACEHOLDER?

Um. I want a PS3 (go ahead, check my post history) but the more I see the more I..... well, don't.
Gotta be a placeholder. No way that makes the final game.

Of course, it's EA...

GhaleonEB said:
Gotta be a placeholder. No way that makes the final game.

Of course, it's EA...
If you look at other shots you see the first line of spectators are 3d models, the rest in the back ground are just cheap 2d sprites. Also the ps3 version lacks the cinematic depth of field effect. Obviously the ps3 just can't handle the extra geometry the 360 version has. The character textures are at least upgraded, but considering so much has been downgraded and previous videos, i don't even thing the ps3 version uses 4xAA like the 360 version.

We're noticing a disturbing trend folks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Moonwalker said:
If you look at other shots you see the first line of spectators are 3d models, the rest in the back ground are just cheap 2d sprites. Also the ps3 version lacks the cinematic depth of field effect. Obviously the ps3 just can't handle the extra geometry the 360 version has. The character textures are at least upgraded, but considering so much has been downgraded and previous videos, i don't even thing the ps3 version uses 4xAA like the 360 version.

We're noticing a disturbing trend folks.

What you said is a bunch of BS. Good to see the troll showing their cards.

Rigging alert!!! call the TD and slap the rigger in the head with a phone book, check out the Right Boxer's shoulder: bad vertices weighting

The weighting of the left bicep bone is affecting the shoulder too much, causing a weird bend wich is highly noticeable in the traps and shoulder

Next-Gen: still can't animate, still can't rig

one a 2 side note, cehck out the back of the victim's next, he suffers from bad vertecies weighting as well

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Moonwalker said:
stating the obvious is trolling? The only BS here dude is coming from EA, but what ever.

Okay what extra geometry are you talking about that's in the 360 FN3? And why do you think the PS3 version will be a jag fest? And what past video have you seen that made you think this game looks obviously worst?

BigBoss

mckmas8808 said:
Okay what extra geometry are you talking about that's in the 360 FN3? And why do you think the PS3 version will be a jag fest? And what past video have you seen that made you think this game looks obviously worst?

Don't waste your breath, hes a troll who has already admitted he has no interest in ever buying a PS3.

jax (old)

Banned
ralexand said:
There is no way those crowds are final.

Do you see that crowd?

Can anyone who's played a recent build comment? Someone from 1up? Its not only that the crowd is 2d...its the fact that they're so low quality and frankly BLOODY HIDEOUS looking that gets me. Even Dreamcast Virtua Tennis had better crowd... It makes no sense for that the crowd to be placeholder though... why wouldn't it be implemented already. They've worked on this game for ages.

antiloop

Jax said:
Can anyone who's played a recent build comment? Someone from 1up? Its not only that the crowd is 2d...its the fact that they're so low quality and frankly BLOODY HIDEOUS looking that gets me. Even Dreamcast Virtua Tennis had better crowd... It makes no sense for that the crowd to be placeholder though... why wouldn't it be implemented already. They've worked on this game for ages.

Try to find a vid of the PS3 version on IGN for example. The crowd doesn't look like that all the time. It is about the same as in the 360 version I would say.

Top Bottom