• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEW] Forza 2 screenshots

Flo_Evans said:
blah! they should have an option to not repair. I want my car to be all dented up and shit so people will know to stay the **** away from me! :lol

damage is more than cosmetic in forza so if you mess up your car to the point where it pulls to one side when you drive it, it would stay that way and you would not be so happy about it :)

Z3F

Banned
Shogmaster said:
I was talking about day time lighting, and in day time lighting for GT4, you'll notice that the core shadows on the car bodies for instance don't change color and always stays the same grays. In RSC2, if you have late afternoon sunset conditions, you'll see the lighting changing car's body colors for just about everything dynamically including the core shadows.

The last pic kinda illustrates what I was talking about before. The lighting/shadowing look nice and realistic at first glance but the shadows on the hoods really look unnatural because it doesn't look like anything would be casting shadows on the cars like that. The darker shadowing makes the cars look more realistic but the effects themselves are actually unrealistic. I hope that makes sense and that I don't get banned again for saying this.

Z3F

Banned
chespace said:
No, Fiats and VWs aren't exotic. Isn't that what you asked me?

No WRC cars, but ALMS, yes, etc...

Yes, photo uploads will be working day 1.

Please just concentrate on the exotics. I'm tired of cheapass $20,000 cars in videogames that I don't even want to drive in the real world. I'm sure there're many people who are more interested in driving a Porsche than a Honda. One reason why I like the old school Need For Speed games, despite their unrealistic gameplay, was their concentration on exclusive sports cars. Driving a Civic in a videogame is as exciting as a Cop game where all you do is eat donuts and sit around to dish out speeding tickets. Sure the experiences are realistic, but where's the fun?

Scotch

Z3F said:
Please just concentrate on the exotics. I'm tired of cheapass $20,000 cars in videogames that I don't even want to drive in the real world. I'm sure there're many people who are more interested in driving a Porsche than a Honda. One reason why I like the old school Need For Speed games, despite their unrealistic gameplay, was their concentration on exclusive sports cars. Driving a Civic in a videogame is as exciting as a Cop game where all you do is eat donuts and sit around to dish out speeding tickets. Sure the experiences are realistic, but where's the fun?
The fun comes from customizing and tweaking the hell out of that Civic. Taking a car you might own in real life and doing all sorts of crazy stuff with it.

Different strokes for different folks. The lack of 'normal' cars in PGR3 is actually one of the reasons why I liked PGR2 so much more.

arne

Z3F said:

you probably don't like the porsche 914/6 either. you don't recognize the potential. believe.

Flo_Evans

Z3F said:

GTFO and go play NFS

Z3F

Banned
arne said:
you probably don't like the porsche 914/6 either. you don't recognize the potential. believe.

Actually, I have respect for any Porsche. Porshces are pieces of art that are not just made for pragmatic purposes, unlike Hondas, Toyotas,Chevys, etc.

Scotch said:
The fun comes from customizing and tweaking the hell out of that Civic. Taking a car you might own in real life and doing all sorts of crazy stuff with it.

Different strokes for different folks. The lack of 'normal' cars in PGR3 is actually one of the reasons why I liked PGR2 so much more.

I personally believe that a piece of crap is still a piece of crap no matter how much you tweaked it. I don't really understand why some people would spend $20,000 to tune a $20,000 car. But like you said, different strokes for different folks.

arne

Flo_Evans said:
a BMW actually :lol

ZING!

Z3F said:
Actually, I have respect for any Porsche. Porshces are pieces of art that are not just made for pragmatic purposes, unlike Hondas, Toyotas,Chevys, etc.

even one that's a glorified VW? :lol

I'm just kidding anyway

Z3F

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
a BMW actually :lol

Good choice. Why would you be interest in driving a run of the mill economy car after driving a BMW? BTW, what's the transmission in your BMW? Mine's a SMG. SMG works just like manual in a videogame. It's awesome on the freeway but it sucks for low speed, high traffic conditions.

arne said:
even one that's a glorified VW? :lol

I'm just kidding anyway

Isn't that what people said about the Cayenne? VW is a huge company though. They have lots of low end cars but they also own Audi and Lamborghini.

Flo_Evans

I don't think he knows what a 914 is...

I just think its fun to take your 1st car (84 rabbit GTI FTW! please get this car in Che!) and be able to do all the mods to it you dreamed about when you where 16. Plus it is fun to drive the wheels off the sucker and not have to worry about buying new tires or blowing your engine. :)

hmm can you blow your engine? Is the damage going to include mechanical failure or is it just when you hit stuff?

edit: manual transmission only! My friend has an M3 with one of those crazy SMGs and I hate it.

Z3F said:
One reason why I like the old school Need For Speed games, despite their unrealistic gameplay, was their concentration on exclusive sports cars. Driving a Civic in a videogame is as exciting as a Cop game where all you do is eat donuts and sit around to dish out speeding tickets. Sure the experiences are realistic, but where's the fun?

this guy is soooo damn right! gimme back my old-style need for speed, EA!!!

Z3F

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
I don't think he knows what a 914 is...

Actually, my uncle had one. It was all he could afford as a college student. It didn't look like much but the handling was great. Also, a Porsche is still a Porsche. My uncle was pretty proud that he owned one.

Z3F said:
I personally believe that a piece of crap is still a piece of crap no matter how much you tweaked it. I don't really understand why some people would spend $20,000 to tune a $20,000 car. But like you said, different strokes for different folks.
Well, a tweaked piece of crap can still provide some entertainment.
qIMG0013.jpg

qIMG0028.jpg

qvolvo3wheel.jpg

Felt like it was gonna tip over every time you did anything other than nothing. Which leads me to the following question: Will you be able to finally flip cars in Forza 2?

Anyway, as long as the Datsun 240Z is in Forza 2 I'm happy. You could make that thing completely ridiculous in Forza. Burning rubber through corners at over 200km/h, fun times.

MaX_PL

Banned
Vaandaviii said:
Can I play? :D

DaviiiCompare.jpg

It contains even grammar mistakes. Unsurpassable :D

the true HD one looks awesome, but i like the blue color in the color balanced one much more. seems more accurate too.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The color balanced one is too dark. It be fine if the black wasn't so dark but it is and washes out details of the exhaust it does the same for the trees in the background.

adelante

Woah nice comparison See, other than the fact that both beemers look great, the driver seats are different.

Ok so we all can seek consolation in knowing the cars in the PGR3 shots have more detailed interiors... =p

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
TTP said:
????

There ARE different light conditions in different times of the day in GT3 and 4 on PS2 already. Hong Kong (sunset), Paris (night), Frisco (dawn)...

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/571/571546/gran-turismo-4-20041207032812777.jpg
[IMG]http://my.opera.com/luismen/homes/albums/127935/thumbs/WALLPAPER_GRAN_TURISMO_3_A2.png_thumb.jpg
[IMG]http://picnic.ciao.com/uk/280918.jpg[/QUOTE]

The point still stands, those screen do not look photorealistic at all. I dont get how people think that overdriven contrast = photorealisim (i aint saying the models arent great either so dont start).

See

adelante said:
Woah nice comparison See, other than the fact that both beemers look great, the driver seats are different.

Ok so we all can seek consolation in knowing the cars in the PGR3 shots have more detailed interiors... =p
Thnx but I didn't do the comparison, Chewbacca IV of forza forums did it :) I think the forza bmw has racing seats installed. Also, did you notice that in the forza version, the BMW has the shark fin! (is it an antenna or is it for aerodynamic purposes?)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ryudo said:
The point still stands, those screen do not look photorealistic at all. I dont get how people think that overdriven contrast = photorealisim (i aint saying the models arent great either so dont start).

I was just pointing out that there are different light conditions in GT. That's all.

Whats the current situation with RHD/LHD in Forza 2? I guess they've done the Japanese and UK based cars as right hand drive correctly?

Seeing the BMW comparison shots made me wonder.

Gek54

J_Mourinho said:
Whats the current situation with RHD/LHD in Forza 2? I guess they've done the Japanese and UK based cars as right hand drive correctly?

Seeing the BMW comparison shots made me wonder.

Seems Bizzare, being in England?, modeled english versions of normally left handed cars?

Top Bottom