• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

spats

badcrumble said:
I don't understand why there aren't more abstract, pseudo-2D dynamic themes like the default wave pattern. So much nicer looking than the not-so-impressive 3D we get with the custom dynamic themes (only one I've liked has been Heavy Rain, though the Ratchet & Clank one was tasteful and attractive too).

Agreed. The R&C one even had a functioning clock which was pretty clever. Although the movement was so subtle that it could've almost passed for a static theme.

I tend to get bored of the dynamic themes after a month or two and always revert back to the sparkly waves. Can't beat em.

Also that blue costume is pretty neat. :eek:

Oneself

DigiMish said:
Whoa, WTF - that's awesome, I never knew about the flipping alternative art for the PS2 God of Wars.

Take a look at all your PS2 game covers; you might be surprised!:D

I have many PS2 games in transparent DVD cases now.:D

Baki

nskinnear said:
1fh4cw.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
For every single one of these dynamic themes they should leave an option to use classic icons instead of whatever lazy attempt at customization they always have for them.

badcrumble said:
I don't understand why there aren't more abstract, pseudo-2D dynamic themes like the default wave pattern. So much nicer looking than the not-so-impressive 3D we get with the custom dynamic themes (only one I've liked has been Heavy Rain, though the Ratchet & Clank one was tasteful and attractive too).
Afrika was pretty damn great too, Japanese one only though, as it doesn't have crappy custom icons.

Majine

Banned
badcrumble said:

There needs to be a dynamic theme of the background on Wipeout HD Fury menu. The current wipeout theme does not make justice of the games clean image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1s-eCBVedw

GQman2121

Banned
So just to recap what exclusive skins are going to be available and from where.

Morpheus Armor - 7-11.
7-Eleven_Blue-Kratos.jpg

Premium Dominus - Included with the Ultimate Trilogy Edition. (*)
270231_contentLG1.jpg

Phantom of Chaos - Gamestop. (*)
GOW3_Skins_bonusLG.jpg

Apollo - Amazon. (*)
GOW_III_Apollo_skin.jpg

Forgotten Warrior - Game Crazy. (*)
forgotten_warrior_skin_gamecrazy.jpg

(*) Unlocked after the game is beaten. All of these are included with the EURO Ultimate Edition.

KingDizzi

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Any particular reason? I'm just curious. Your post is rather unusual.

Yeah strange post, I'm renting the title because it's literally what I do for every game and movie released. The only title I will be buying is GT5 and even then I'm going to rent it first to see if it's worth it. Renting is awesome, pay £15 a month and play all the games you want. Just played MW2 a few days ago and hated it, getting Bayonetta soon but apparently the port is piss poor. Does not matter though, I will happily give it a shot and send it back with no worries at all!

KingDizzi said:
Yeah strange post, I'm renting the title because it's literally what I do for every game and movie released. The only title I will be buying is GT5 and even then I'm going to rent it first to see if it's worth it. Renting is awesome, pay £15 a month and play all the games you want. Just played MW2 a few days ago and hated it, getting Bayonetta soon but apparently the port is piss poor. Does not matter though, I will happily give it a shot and send it back with no worries at all!

Looks like you hate a lot of games... :lol

torontoml

evalue said:
why does he have pale white skin?
I'll spoiler it for those who haven't played the first game.

When Kratos killed his family the ashes were put on top of his skin as a permanent reminder of what he did

GQman2121

Banned
nskinnear said:
Yeah, probably. Most of them are unlockable in the game though.

I looked into it, and there's really nothing out there saying that any of these skins are unlockable in the game or that these codes unlock the skins early. In fact each outlet makes a point to say that these skins are only unlocked once you beat the game--and that's with the codes.

I'm not saying they won't eventually show up on PSN at some point. But for the time being it looks like each are exclusive to the retailers who are offering them.

kikanny

All of those skins suck. The only one that's remotely good is the 7-11 one. That's actually good for me. I can buy the game wherever I want!

Jeels

I want the Dominus skin but I'm not paying for the CE, too many games coming out in March, fitting GOW3 standard edition was blessing enough!

gillFTR

Anyone know if the god of war slurpee cups are going to be available in canada?? were the halo 3 cups here?

Also is the ultimate edition still listed 89.99$ in canada, I pre ordered and pay in full 2 months ago and I surprised when they said 89.99$

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kratos looks skinny in the Phantom of Chaos and Forgetten Warrior outfits. :(

Not to mention is that Kratos in the Apollo outfit or something? :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
Aren't those extremely similar to the rejected Kratos concept sketches?

Edit: Yep, pretty sure 3 of these costules are from God of War 1 pre-production. Blue Kratos, Forgotten Warrior, and the other one (not apollo) are all from or based on those concepts. Just youtube "kratos concept art".

VegaShinra

NeoUltima said:
O shnap. They really aren't messing around for once. I don't think that Superbowl commercial is out of the question any more...
I'm pretty sure the massive trailer release is set for Feb 11.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
So wait now: Is there confirmation the retailer pre-order skins can be unlocked through regular gameplay? Pre-ordering just gets you early access to them?

What about the 7-11 skin -- is that legitimately exclusive?

Denzar

I can't imagine that those skins got the same amount of attention as Kratos' regular character model. That character model is INSANE.

Top Bottom