• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Melchiah

Valkyr Junkie said:
A few of those bands could provide instrumental tracks that would actually fit the atmosphere of the series pretty well.

Maybe, but I think the orchestral score fits the game far better than metal.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will they be including Stheno since
Eurayle and Medusa came out from GOWII and GOW respectively and since there are 3 Gorgon sisters
? :p

The horse-spider looks a bit scary. :(

Nice to see that they got gamestops now covered in God of War 3 posters and such all over the front of the stores. And GoW3 at 7-11's, this is like the first time Sony has actually really tried to pimp their own game.

I remember reading somewhere that none of the music from licensed bands is actually in the game. The music in the game will be done in the same style as the rest of the series. The licensed music is specifically for the download voucher that you get with the Ultimate Edition.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
templeusox said:
God of War reality show incoming:

Great...another incredibly lame reality show to make gamers look like complete dipshits again (like the upcoming 'who wants to be a tester' debacle). I wonder if Jaffe will whore himself on this show too..

SolidSnakex said:
I remember reading somewhere that none of the music from licensed bands is actually in the game. The music in the game will be done in the same style as the rest of the series. The licensed music is specifically for the download voucher that you get with the Ultimate Edition.

Yes this has been known. The ultimate edition comes with GoW3's actual soundtrack, the metal album is basically a tribute to God of War series.

Melchiah

SolidSnakex said:

*phew!*'

No need to buy the ultimate edition then. ;)

Alastor said:
As a spoiler, just in case.

Hercules is confirmed, SCE Poland announced some time ago the first part of our local actors who will be in polish version. Yes, there's one who will voice Hercules.

Sounds good to me

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Great...another incredibly lame reality show to make gamers look like complete dipshits again (like the upcoming 'who wants to be a tester' debacle).
It's a waste of money. The same thing can be accomplished by just showing people GAF.

So I read this thread last night in anticipation of the new trailer, followed by the Zelda Wii thread and the AvP review comments in the GI thread. Well, I had one hell of a dream, only the second time I've ever had a dream about games. Here we go:

There was this Japanese secret agent sent into a forest in south America on a island that had just appeared out of nowhere and was very tall. He disappeared and no contact could be established. So another Japanese agent was sent in(Me) and there was this long tight rope bridge connecting the island to some landmass, not sure what it was. Anyway, I had been practicing for months on how to cross a tight rope and had to cross the entire ocean over this stupidly long tight rope to reach the island. I eventually made it over and met these two people in the forest, they were sitting around a fire together and huddled in fear, one guy and one girl. I asked them what was wrong with this island, all they said was "Josh" and "Seph". They motioned for me to be quiet and pointed to my right by a waterfall, Kratos was there......For some reason I didn't know who he was and went to ask him for more information. As I got closer all I could hear was him breathing heavily and scanning the forest, he ignored me and I sat back down with the others.

It was then that I noticed the other Japanese agents helmet, covered in blood. Enraged I demanded to know what was going on. The girl started crying and begged me to be quiet. All of the sudden I heard some rustling in the leaves and it got deathly silent. I sat down with inexplicable fear as something emerged from the bushes and walked around us, the light bended around and with the smoke form the fire, I could make out the silhouette. It was a predator. It walked over to us and stood right in front of me, I quickly looked away and out of the corner of my eye the girl(Seph) was staring at me with an ashen face. I whispered for her to look away from me, but she kept staring. My hear began to beat faster as the Predator sized me up as the leader of the group. I gulped and bailed out towards the tight rope I'd come across, I turned around as the girl screamed with Kratos in pursuit as well. I stopped for a moment as the guy nodded his head towards me and saluted. With the predator hot on my heels and now Kratos as well, I fought through the jungle to the edge of the the tall island, the once gentle ocean was now roaring with strong waves and the rope swung wildly.

I took one step on the rope and the predator lunged into me, sending us both falling to the ocean below. I tried to get away but my gun had fallen off, we fell through the air, faster and faster. The predator raised its claw and prepared to stab me when from behind I saw a red light as the blades of Athena plunged through he predator, missing my face by inches. I landed in the ocean, dazed and confused and tossed around by the waves, fighting I made my way to the top where Kratos and the Predator were fighting. I could tell what moves Kratos was doing :lol and as he went for his trianglex3 attack I screamed "No!", but he did it anyway, killing the predator instantly and extending the chains halfway around the planet. A massive gulf formed where all the water rushed in and then massive tidal waves started forming, covering the entire planet. I looked up as one smashed into me, knocking me out.

I woke up dazed and lost on some land as the tsunamis continued raging from Kratos' attack. My attempt to contact the Japanese government failed as faint radio signals spoke of the end of days, the entire world had been ravaged by the tsunamis, volcanoes were erupting and communications were down all over. Getting up, I saw a little shack and as I got closer I saw it read "Gahiggidy's gamecube shack". I went in to find an old lady behind the counter and I asked her if there was any food. She said yes and beckoned for me to follow her into another room, there I saw two kids eating ramen noodles, a blonde boy in a green shirt and a blonde girl in a pink shirt. There the woman gave me a bowl of noodles and I sat against the wall to eat, for some reason I couldn't avert my eyes from the two children as they seemed so familiar to me. The boy looked at me and smiled, saying: "Don't worry, I'm going to be the hero of time!" before going back to his meal.
The woman came back and took two more bowls of ramen into an adjacent room, I asked her what those were for and she said there was two more people like the boy and girl. I asked if I could see them and she said the time hadn't yet come for that.

All of the sudden the front door came bursting open as Kratos stood in the doorway. I kept my head down and ate as quietly as possible. He walked into the first room and grabbed a handful of noodles from both the little boy and girls bowls. They talked about something and then from the other room, another guy in a green shirt appeared, except he was much older. Him and Kratos got into an argument and then Kratos walked away, as he was leaving he paused in front of me for a moment and then left. The older guy in the green shirt turned to me and said that the world as I knew was over, but that he could take me back to my own time. I said yes, and with a flash I flew into space, even from there I could make out the massive tidal waves, still raging. I flew further and faster away from Earth, until even the stars dimmed. Absolute silence. And then, to my fucking disbelief, the blades of Athena came extending towards me.

Reading Gaf before bed is horrible.

Mileena

Banned
Melchiah said:
I seriously hope not, as I hate all the bands that were mentioned there, and the inclusion of their music would partly ruin the game for me.
Opeth is a million times better than any band you like.

J-Rzez

CrushDance said:
So I read this thread last night in anticipation of the new trailer, followed by the Zelda Wii thread and the AvP review comments in the GI thread. Well, I had one hell of a dream, only the second time I've ever had a dream about games. Here we go:

If I were prone to this, I would be looking at pictures of Isla Fisher, Jenna Fischer, etc, nightly, instead of a guy in a swath and with a red stripe on him and an alien in dreadlocks.

iceatcs

NeoUltima said:
So it was delayed from the original time for GTTV after all. We could have seen it weeks ago. /anger.
Do the Media allow to moneyhat?

I don't mind but I thought it will be funny if it is true on this situation.

J-Rzez said:
If I were prone to this, I would be looking at pictures of Isla Fisher, Jenna Fischer, etc, nightly, instead of a guy in a swath and with a red stripe on him and an alien in dreadlocks.
:lol I didn't come home till 1am last night, too tired for Uncharted. Besides, if I try and dream about something, it doesn't work.

Aspiring

Ah man i want the Ultimate Edition so bad but i fucking hate how they make it exclusive to one store, and than they sell out ultra fast. Its a load of crap!

jett

D-Member
NeoUltima said:
So it was delayed from the original time for GTTV after all. We could have seen it weeks ago. /anger.

Actually I think that is untrue. This trailer is new and was just finished up. It's not what was shown weeks ago to journoz.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yoboman said:
The finished product doesn't?

god-of-war-iii-screens-20100118091713051.jpg

Make note of how small Kratos is next to it
what in the fuck, I never noticed the giant horse bug thing before.

I could never work out what was actually happening in this pic. :lol

Rez said:

Lmao, yeah. I thought it was some fucked up tentacle plant sprouting out of it's arm.

Livanh

im really curious how the water will look like.
i imagine it must be quite hard to do right with all the movement going on.

-viper-

Banned
CrushDance said:

There was this Japanese secret agent sent into a forest in south America on a island that had just appeared out of nowhere and was very tall. He disappeared and no contact could be established. So another Japanese agent was sent in(Me) and there was this long tight rope bridge connecting the island to some landmass, not sure what it was. Anyway, I had been practicing for months on how to cross a tight rope and had to cross the entire ocean over this stupidly long tight rope to reach the island. I eventually made it over and met these two people in the forest, they were sitting around a fire together and huddled in fear, one guy and one girl. I asked them what was wrong with this island, all they said was "Josh" and "Seph". They motioned for me to be quiet and pointed to my right by a waterfall, Kratos was there......For some reason I didn't know who he was and went to ask him for more information. As I got closer all I could hear was him breathing heavily and scanning the forest, he ignored me and I sat back down with the others.

It was then that I noticed the other Japanese agents helmet, covered in blood. Enraged I demanded to know what was going on. The girl started crying and begged me to be quiet. All of the sudden I heard some rustling in the leaves and it got deathly silent. I sat down with inexplicable fear as something emerged from the bushes and walked around us, the light bended around and with the smoke form the fire, I could make out the silhouette. It was a predator. It walked over to us and stood right in front of me, I quickly looked away and out of the corner of my eye the girl(Seph) was staring at me with an ashen face. I whispered for her to look away from me, but she kept staring. My hear began to beat faster as the Predator sized me up as the leader of the group. I gulped and bailed out towards the tight rope I'd come across, I turned around as the girl screamed with Kratos in pursuit as well. I stopped for a moment as the guy nodded his head towards me and saluted. With the predator hot on my heels and now Kratos as well, I fought through the jungle to the edge of the the tall island, the once gentle ocean was now roaring with strong waves and the rope swung wildly.

I took one step on the rope and the predator lunged into me, sending us both falling to the ocean below. I tried to get away but my gun had fallen off, we fell through the air, faster and faster. The predator raised its claw and prepared to stab me when from behind I saw a red light as the blades of Athena plunged through he predator, missing my face by inches. I landed in the ocean, dazed and confused and tossed around by the waves, fighting I made my way to the top where Kratos and the Predator were fighting. I could tell what moves Kratos was doing :lol and as he went for his trianglex3 attack I screamed "No!", but he did it anyway, killing the predator instantly and extending the chains halfway around the planet. A massive gulf formed where all the water rushed in and then massive tidal waves started forming, covering the entire planet. I looked up as one smashed into me, knocking me out.

I woke up dazed and lost on some land as the tsunamis continued raging from Kratos' attack. My attempt to contact the Japanese government failed as faint radio signals spoke of the end of days, the entire world had been ravaged by the tsunamis, volcanoes were erupting and communications were down all over. Getting up, I saw a little shack and as I got closer I saw it read "Gahiggidy's gamecube shack". I went in to find an old lady behind the counter and I asked her if there was any food. She said yes and beckoned for me to follow her into another room, there I saw two kids eating ramen noodles, a blonde boy in a green shirt and a blonde girl in a pink shirt. There the woman gave me a bowl of noodles and I sat against the wall to eat, for some reason I couldn't avert my eyes from the two children as they seemed so familiar to me. The boy looked at me and smiled, saying: "Don't worry, I'm going to be the hero of time!" before going back to his meal.
The woman came back and took two more bowls of ramen into an adjacent room, I asked her what those were for and she said there was two more people like the boy and girl. I asked if I could see them and she said the time hadn't yet come for that.

All of the sudden the front door came bursting open as Kratos stood in the doorway. I kept my head down and ate as quietly as possible. He walked into the first room and grabbed a handful of noodles from both the little boy and girls bowls. They talked about something and then from the other room, another guy in a green shirt appeared, except he was much older. Him and Kratos got into an argument and then Kratos walked away, as he was leaving he paused in front of me for a moment and then left. The older guy in the green shirt turned to me and said that the world as I knew was over, but that he could take me back to my own time. I said yes, and with a flash I flew into space, even from there I could make out the massive tidal waves, still raging. I flew further and faster away from Earth, until even the stars dimmed. Absolute silence. And then, to my fucking disbelief, the blades of Athena came extending towards me.

Reading Gaf before bed is horrible.
:lol FFO + Seph.

Rez said:

I wonder why Gaia doesn't just squash the horse bug with her other hand :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RustyNails said:
someone in Santa Monica just sent an emergency email

RustyNails said:

Gaia is climbing up, her hand that's attacked by spider bug made her not holding anything. if she let go her other hand to squash the bug, she'll fall :D

joesmokey

I'm pretty mad at myself for not preordering the ultimate edition from Amazon when they had it listed for $89.99. I keep checking to see if they'll go back down to that price again :(.

RustyNails said:
New trailer in 12 hours and 15 minutes :D

All aboard the hype train! CHOO CHOO!
Next stop, disappointmentville
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but GTTV is tomorrow night, not tonight.

Manp

so, is the demo code that comes with GoW Collection expired? i just got it and noticed it should no longer work :(

worth trying or there's no hope?

templeusox said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but GTTV is tomorrow night, not tonight.
Isn't Thursday 12:30 AM technically tomorrow night, but 12 hours from now (its 12:30 PM here and I should get back to work)?

Top Bottom