• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War III screenshots

JB1981

Yoboman said:
Utterly gorgeous... The lighting looks leagues above anything else

How can anyone hate on this game? No other action game is close

Serious?

I'm not too pleased with the graphics but I am pretty sure I am going to absolutely love the game.

Yoboman

Gold Member
JB1981 said:
Serious?

I'm not too pleased with the graphics but I am pretty sure I am going to absolutely love the game.
Yeah... The lighting and colours are superb

I can't wait to see this in proper motion... The trailer was incredible too

Dizzan

MINI Member
I really hope its not a case of same shit with a new coat of paint.

I mean, the shit is great but it needs upgrades. Not being able to jump to reachable areas has to go!!

I'd also prefer LESS enemies, just make them smarter. Nothing worse than fighting a horde of dumbass soldiers that stand there and watch you taking turns at kicking their asses.

Some screens look fantastic btw, other not so much. I think this may be Sony showing us stuff early ala trico, before they show off the new, significantly upgraded builds at E3

ArjanN

DrBo42 said:
Wow.. Someone needs to take a figure drawing class. Kratos' proportions are completely wrong here, and it looks like he's falling over rather than looking forward. Terrible.

The perspective on the cable cars is wrong too.

stuburns said:
Looks great. Not sure why people are down on the visuals, if indeed they still are.
A section of the texture that makes up Kratos' shoulder is a bit off in shade and low in polycount when I stare at it instead of playing the game.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Some of the screens are pretty dull environment-wise, reminding me of the plasticy look some Unreal Engine games had. Maybe they should give Capcom a ring and ask them about that Awesome Filter© that turned Street Fighter 4 from a dodgy look to OMG delicious in stills.

I genuinely believe still screenshots won't do this game justice though, as I'm still salivating over the trailer. In motion the game will look grand, epic and utterly gorgeous. And Kratos looks awesome as a model anyway.

Zoe

thaOwner said:
That have a higher chance of happening of software BC is announced for all PS3's at E3.

It was one of the options in the survey for determining the SE goodies.

Linkified said:
Something looks off, I can't quite put my finger on it.
maybe the crushing black shadows?

curious for the gameplay. visually i'm not that stimulated right now although it doesn't look bad. art direction just doesn't really make me want to fap.

Pistolero

Looks too PCish, too clean and soft. I hope they upgrade the shaders and add some kind of filter...
The pictures appear to be form the same old build.

-viper-

Banned
img005-121109.jpg

Painting come to life

Replicant

The textures in some of those images need to be improved. Ditto with the style and color hue chosen. I'm comparing this with Uncharted 2 and I think Uncharted 2 is miles ahead of this in terms of textures, styles, and colors. Jaffe needs to call Naughty Dog stat.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Replicant said:
The textures in some of those images need to be improved. Ditto with the style and color hue chosen. I'm comparing this with Uncharted 2 and I think Uncharted 2 is miles ahead of this in terms of textures, styles, and colors. Jaffe needs to call Naughty Dog stat.
Jaffe isn't working on GOWIII. ;)
WinFonda said:
I thought that was one of the best shots. The image quality is pristine. Also, looking at the top left corner, the fire titan is in the background smashing shit up (presumably) with those arrows on the right firing down upon him. Badass.
I guess my issue is with the geometry. It's just all so square and simple. It's sort of odd looking.

123rl

Looks fantastic and the game will be even better. I just hope it doesn't have the same "Fuck you, world!" level/area that ruined the other games. You know what I mean - every game has had one section that completely ruined my enjoyment of the game

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
We've been though all this before (the GFX's critiquing) , and then when we saw it in motion we we're all floored, did people forget about that epic trailer or something?, go back and watch it, you'll feel alot better.

123rl said:
Looks fantastic and the game will be even better. I just hope it doesn't have the same "Fuck you, world!" level/area that ruined the other games. You know what I mean - every game has had one section that completely ruined my enjoyment of the game

What part filled that role in GoW2?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Replicant said:
This is supposed to be a 60FPS game so they can't go to town quite as much as ND people can. As for the style, I completely disagree. GoW games always had that kind of sheen to them, clearly inspired by the fantasy artworks of people like Boris Vallejo. I think it does great at emulating that kind of artwork style.

mjc

Something looks off on the environments, almost too plasticy. The character models look prime though.

Doubledex

Banned
Replicant said:
Jaffe??

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I don't like the series at all, but I can't see how anyone cannot be impressed by this. The painting comments makes alot of sense to me. Such a gorgeous, gorgeous game.

Dante

woah, wasn't really expecting new shots, the ones that are new look utterly fantastic...Can't wait. Can't wait too see more of the Titan level.

The expression on the centaur as he's trying to hit Kratos wow I wonder how close to completion the game is at this point. I really need to pick up a copy of GOW 2 sooner than later.

Replicant

Rez said:
Jaffe isn't working on GOWIII. ;)

Sorry, not a big follower of the series. I only occasionally play whatever copy my friend/brother purchase. But isn't he the designer? So he hasn't been hands-on with the series ever since the original?

I still think the game can benefit from better texture work and style, regardless whether the original creator still works on the series or not.

jmd494

If they can maintain 60 fps and a super clean image, then this looks fine for me. Otherwise, it'll be a little bit lacking in the gfx department. I'm really curious to see what it looks like running on my home TV.

That being said, this game will be insanely fun! :D

Concept17

DrBo42 said:
Wow.. Someone needs to take a figure drawing class. Kratos' proportions are completely wrong here, and it looks like he's falling over rather than looking forward. Terrible.

This is what happens when an environment artist does a remotely detailed figure, Most environment art like this will use simple silhouettes.

Aske

Justin Dailey said:
If they can maintain 60 fps and a super clean image, then this looks fine for me. Otherwise, it'll be a little bit lacking in the gfx department. I'm really curious to see what it looks like running on my home TV.

That being said, this game will be insanely fun! :D

I was about to post the exact same thing. So far, GoW3 looks fine. But 'fine' is underwhelming after the last two games, and I expected more. Day one if it runs at 60fps because I know it'll be awesome - but if they don't nail the framerate it's a rental. 30fps GoW isn't GoW.

witness said:
God of War 2.5

It just looks too damn clean and not 'lived in'

So if it doesn't look better than KZ2 or Uncharted2 then it's somehow a half sequel, you somehow came to the conclusion that the game is a half sequel without actually playing the damn thing or knowing much about it. way to go sir, you win the internet.

I don't know what engine they're using but I'm getting a Gears of War/Unreal Engine vibe. Maybe it's the rocks/caves, or just the dark moodiness of the screenshots...

Top Bottom