• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War III screenshots

Click

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Of course it doesn't right?

I'm sure many Australians would pay $1025AU on a console JUST to be able to have 'licence' to troll the PS3 on GAF to piss YOU off right?

So because I'm also pissed off with Killzone controls, I MUST be a troll yeah? Get fucked.

So I'm sure you DIDN'T read my posts then about Uncharted, not to mention getting into the BETA, and about inFAMOUS or any of the other PS3 games I love? Like Valkyria Chronicles?

Of course not, as a more traditional PS3 owner, you probably don't even HAVE those games right? Isn't that what you guys are known for? Not buying any of the GOOD games that come out on the system?

YouPSD01.png

We're getting to see it in full next week... I think more definitive judgement should be held off until then. But honestly, this looks FAR from bad in screens...if the scale really is huge then this will be one of the best looking games across all systems

Click: He has a ps3, can't he express his opinion? Even if he has a preference for 360, we all have our preferences...whats the big deal?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I actually feel bad for having a go at that screenshot earlier in this thread. The game looks absolutely fine. It's not jaw-dropping, but its about the standard for what I expect this gen. There's nothing wrong with that as it looks great overall.

I don't know why Sony would release images of a game like this without an accompanying trailer, they're just asking for bitching.

EDIT: What the hell is going on with this 2MT thing? He didn't say anything controversial?

WinFonda

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Of course it doesn't right?

I'm sure many Australians would pay $1025AU on a console JUST to be able to have 'licence' to troll the PS3 on GAF to piss YOU off right?

So because I'm also pissed off with Killzone controls, I MUST be a troll yeah? Get fucked.

So I'm sure you DIDN'T read my posts then about Uncharted, not to mention getting into the BETA, and about inFAMOUS or any of the other PS3 games I love? Like Valkyria Chronicles?

Of course not, as a more traditional PS3 owner, you probably don't even HAVE those games right? Isn't that what you guys are known for? Not buying any of the GOOD games that come out on the system?
You know, you should have just ignored it. By arguing you prove what he was saying by self-incriminating with stuff like that last sentence. All I ask is for this thread to stop being shat on. Ignore each other and move on. Please.

Rez said:
I actually feel bad for having a go at that screenshot earlier in this thread. The game looks absolutely fine. It's not jaw-dropping, but its about the standard for what I expect this gen. There's nothing wrong with that as it looks great overall.

I don't know why Sony would release images of a game like this without an accompanying trailer, they're just asking for bitching.

EDIT: What the hell is going on with this 2MT thing? He didn't say anything controversial?

I've attempted to take it into PMs.

This guy reeks of viral marketer the more I hear from him. But we'll wait and see.

Apparently, if you don't LOVE EVERY PS3 exclusive, then you MUST be a troll. PS3 owner or not.

Click

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I've attempted to take it into PMs.

This guy reeks of viral marketer the more I hear from him. But we'll wait and see.

Apparently, if you don't LOVE EVERY PS3 exclusive, then you MUST be a troll. PS3 owner or not.

Nice bait.
I won't bite. Not this time.

Hesemonni

Banned
Mike Works said:
And here's a screenshot to prove it:
25k4dmr.jpg

Disclaimer: I personally didn't have any problem with the game being too dark, but judging by the whine on the internets some people did.

As great as this game looks, it basically goes like this:

GoW3 is to the PS3 as what GoW1 was to the PS2. In essence, we're waiting on GoW4 when the devs really know the hardware and they blow our mind with what they can now do (hence what GoW2 did for us).

As much as I love to argue bout useless crap, the paranoid trollspotting around here is really getting out of control, and it's now at the point where it's far more disruptive than the perceived "trolling."

StuBurns

Banned
DiatribeEQ said:
As great as this game looks, it basically goes like this:

GoW3 is to the PS3 as what GoW1 was to the PS2. In essence, we're waiting on GoW4 when the devs really know the hardware and they blow our mind with what they can now do (hence what GoW2 did for us).

If you're buying games as a display of console performance than sure. If you're buying it because it's the best casual action game series ever, then no, not really.

AltogetherAndrews said:
As much as I love to argue bout useless crap, the paranoid trollspotting around here is really getting out of control, and it's now at the point where it's far more disruptive than the perceived "trolling."

Definitely not.

Zen

Banned
I don't know, God of War I was considered pretty amazing for its time. So far God of War III isn't standing out to me like the previous two did, but it's early, so that matters little. It will still be a pretty good game I'm guessing.

AltogetherAndrews said:

Agreed.

stuburns said:
If you're buying games as a display of console performance than sure. If you're buying it because it's the best casual action game series ever, then no, not really.

I've played and beaten each of the GoW offerings on the PS2 and PSP and look forward to GoW3. But, that still doesn't change the fact that these dev's showed us once already what they can do with the hardware once they've learned what they could do with it. So, again, the GoW3 shots look great and I'm sure the game will be awesome. Doesn't change the fact that once GoW4 comes out, we'll all be talking about how incredible it looks and so very few of us will say the same about GoW3.

I joined this place because of the apparent lack of trolling/anti-trolling. But this place has become the biggest fuck up I've ever seen outside of gamefaqs and comment sections of various sites around the net. I'm no oldtimer nor have I lurked all that much before eventually joining but the place had better vibes back then. People agreed on one thing... games kick ass. Now, the smallest of pixel blemishes and differences between 2 consoles turns all of you into glass shard-dipped douchebags. Get a fucking life.

Nice looking screens but I'm a bit let down. The environments look fairly flat and in comparison to some of the beautiful areas in GOW 2 this is looking a bit stale.

Dark FaZe said:
Nice looking screens but I'm a bit let down. The environments look fairly flat and in comparison to some of the beautiful areas in GOW 2 this is looking a bit stale.

Well, they aren't going to show those areas quite yet. It still looks very much like God of War, only it's closer to the cave environments of God of War. Which incidentally look absolutely barren when compared to this.

I'm a little underwhelmed, but I think a lot of that has to do with the environments the shots are showing. Something a little brighter and more open wouldn't go astray (for pure spectacle).

I'm sure that when I see it running in its super smooth glory and lay eyes on some of the larger beasties I'll be more impressed.

Strangely, I haven't been overly impressed with the visuals in any of the "action" games this gen (NG2, DMC4, what I've seen of Bayonetta and this) which surprises me considering last gen action games were near the top of the graphical pile.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'd say that the graphics are kind of underwhelming. Even without the uber hype speech we were given, it would feel underwhelming.

I'm sure the game will be amazing, but graphically, not impressed. I want to see some E3 video.

I don't see an issue with the graphics.

I was more worried about how the GAMEPLAY would turn out. God of War 2 was more about puzzles and QTEs than action.

I don't want 3 to then have even MORE of them.

What made God of War 1 so phenomenal was the action.

Dante

Norml said:
Wow, looks amazing.:D

I love the new character model, It's pretty amazing. Hope those chains are modeled on at E3 though. GOW strengths visually are the brutality of it's animation and its scale. something that doesn't come across well in screenshots, that said I still think these look fantastic. GAF has been really crazy lately with screens, and absurd expectations.

Doubledex

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:

I was more worried about how the GAMEPLAY would turn out. God of War 2 was more about puzzles and QTEs than action.

I don't want 3 to then have even MORE of them.

What made God of War 1 so phenomenal was the action.
A good game needs some puzzles. I don't need a game where I button-smash my pad, just to kill 100 enemys on screen.

ZeoVGM

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:

Fact: This is false.

Please don't exaggerate stuff like that. Having some puzzles are a -good- thing.

Norml

Dante said:
I love the new character model, It's pretty amazing. Hope those chains are modeled on at E3 though. GOW strengths visually are the brutality of it's animation and its scale. something that doesn't come across well in screenshots, that said I still think these look fantastic. GAF has been really crazy lately with screens, and absurd expectations.

I like its art style the most, the mythical look is just awesome.

Doubledex said:
A good game needs some puzzles. I don't need a game where I button-smash my pad, just to kill 100 enemys on screen.

That's where I'm different. I don't mind mindless button mashing when the gameplay is perfection like it is in God of War

omg rite said:
Fact: This is false.

Please don't exaggerate stuff like that. Having some puzzles are a -good- thing.

SOME puzzles are a good thing.

But God of War 2 had a LOT more puzzles and QTEs than 1 did. A LOT more.
almost the whole last fight with Zeus was a QTE for fucks sake

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
2 Minutes Turkish said:
SOME puzzles are a good thing.

But God of War 2 had a LOT more puzzles and QTEs than 1 did. A LOT more.
I can't remeber about QTE, but i did have more puzzles, and they were better puzzles too. I think they actually had perfect balance of action vs. puzzles in GoW2. I agree that it wouldn't make sense to have more of them, but I just hope the quality will remain.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I think the graphics are great, and look like something straight out of a High Budget production.

I hope they do something interesting and new with the game though, God Of War 2 ended up being less exciting than i had hoped, and this just seems like the same game with a new coat of paint.

Maybe i was expecting a new kind of camera, i don't know. I'm not excited yet, the whole "i'm the baddest motherfucker that has ever lived" hasn't grown on me.

Waiting for E3 to blow us all.

scoobs

142bpm1.jpg

Self shadowing is SICK! I can't believe people aren't impressed with this. And to the guy that said GoW2 was all puzzles and QTE's... that is such an exaggeration, theres a metric ton of action

I never said it was ALL puzzles and QTEs.

I said there was a huge focus on them. And FAR more than God of War 1. Don't get me wrong, the game was still unbelievable.

I just want 3 to go back to it's roots in 1 and focus MORE on action and LESS on puzzles and QTEs.

That hydra fight in 1 is still one of my favourite gaming moments, DESPITE having some QTEs to it.

I think for me, God of War 2 suffered from God of War 1 setting SUCH a high bar.

Top Bottom