• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto 6 leaked video

nani17

are in a big trouble
Really? It's not looking very much worse than Soldier of Fortune, lets say. I'm ok with the ragdoll in this GTA.
These videos leaked ages ago and were from very very old footage. I downloaded the 3GB files and most of them are very old. I think one of the videos had a 10 series cared and a 20 series card in it which came out in 2018

Last edited:

Audiophile

Just thinking, imagine riding a hovercraft through a swamp on a foggy morning or evening as the sun's rays pass through; even better than RDR2 did it..

Antwix

What don't you people understand he was trying to get likes.

Do you know how important it is to get likes. If he gets enough likes Becky Washington will help him get to second base. Who cares if his dad gets in trouble it's Becky Washington for Pete sake

Ok Fine Sport GIF by UFC

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
GTA games have always been based off real cities/areas, not an exact replica of the real world.
Yeah this game is gonna be based on the whole state of Florida that’s why I said it and one major land icon is the giant lake in the the middle of the state and why your images of the map look fake as shit

mortal

Gold Member

The guns and killings look way too disturbing nowadays. Like too real. Not a fan. Even on this alpha gameplay clip. It made me uneasy.

lol that? Really? The alpha looks on par with RDR2 deaths.

Maybe it's the realistic contemporary setting that's fucking with you.

MarkMe2525

Didnt we learn this with Spiderman 2? People calling the graphics underwhelming, but when you play the game, its a clear step up from Spiderman 2018 Remaster.
Unfortunately, as a whole we will never learn. Those that do not pay mind to the past are doomed to repeat it.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Honestly from my perspective from the images that have been leaked, I was very impressed with the density of the city. I have no doubt that the final product is going to look leaps ahead of any previous Rockstar games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Didnt we learn this with Spiderman 2? People calling the graphics underwhelming, but when you play the game, its a clear step up from Spiderman 2018 Remaster.
Rockstar isn’t insomniac. They make one game every 5-7 years. Insomniac makes 2 games every 3 years. Gta has been in development for 10 years now. Expectations are higher got the greatest studio of all time.

People want a generational leap over red 2, not a typical late Gen upgrade.

RickSanchez

People want a generational leap over red 2, not a typical late Gen upgrade.

I understand you wanting a generational leap in graphics. But consider the fact that Red Dead 2's PC port itself pushes all but the most powerful GPUs to their limit. Heck, my 4090 starts heating up and consuming consistently above 400W with all the options turned up, and i still need DLSS to keep my fps above 60 at 4K.

Performance is also a consideration. No point in a game with ultra-super-mega-awesome graphics if it runs like a powerpoint slideshow. We also need good performance optimization. The average GPU today according to Steam is a 3060. We simply do not yet have the technology to get all 3: (1) Great looking games (2) running smoothly (3) at reasonable cost.

I for one will be satisfied if GTA 6 looks just as good as RDR2 but with better optimization, and technical resources instead dedicated to running better gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:
I understand you wanting a generational leap in graphics. But consider the fact that Red Dead 2's PC port itself pushes all but the most powerful GPUs to their limit. Heck, my 4090 starts heating up and consuming consistently above 400W with all the options turned up, and i still need DLSS to keep my fps above 60 at 4K.

Performance is also a consideration. No point in a game with ultra-super-mega-awesome graphics if it runs like a powerpoint slideshow. We also need good performance optimization. The average GPU today according to Steam is a 3060. We simply do not yet have the technology to get all 3: (1) Great looking games (2) running smoothly (3) at reasonable cost.

I for one will be satisfied if GTA 6 looks just as good as RDR2 but with better optimization, and technical resources instead dedicated to running better gameplay mechanics.
Nah GTA6 needs to look better than anything currently on the market. It needs to do things that other games cannot dream of doing, this is 10 years in the making and the most expensive game ever created.

RickSanchez

It needs to do things that other games cannot dream of doing.

And i'm saying it can do "things other games cannot dream of doing" in the areas of gameplay mechanics, immersion, narrative, etc. Graphics is not the only thing that defines a game. Everyone wants GTA 6 to look great. I want it to have a deeper gameplay loop than 'drive to a place' -> 'sneak in / break in' -> 'watch a cutscene' -> 'shoot some mfs' -> rinse & repeat. A framework like GTA can do so much more with Rockstar's resources.

Thaimasker

Nah GTA6 needs to look better than anything currently on the market. It needs to do things that other games cannot dream of doing, this is 10 years in the making and the most expensive game ever created.
Red dead 2 is arguably still the best looking game...so if it's a bit better than that it would be the best looking.
It'll do what other games couldn't dream of in terms of other aspects. But it's an open world game and they need to have performance in mind. Time to be realistic. It's not gonna look like it's pushing the PS7 to it's limits. It needs to run good on the PS5.

geary

Gta has been in development for 10 years .
Can we stop with this bulshit of 100 years in development…Most games, even the biggest AAA games does not have more the 4 years of active developmet and that new IP…a sequel does bit have more than 3 years. The rest are of 6 years are 10 guys and a sketch in a drawer.

Gonna pretend that dev of Cyberpunk 2 started last year when they announced they have it on the roadmap?

Last edited:
Dream on:

Yup. Rockstar North has happily taken part in the cultural revoluton, made clear from interviews. I'd be shocked (but happy) if this has any sort of contemporary edge.

Red dead 2 is arguably still the best looking game...so if it's a bit better than that it would be the best looking.
It'll do what other games couldn't dream of in terms of other aspects. But it's an open world game and they need to have performance in mind. Time to be realistic. It's not gonna look like it's pushing the PS7 to its limits. It needs to run good on the PS5.
There are no games out on PS5 that push it to its limits - there isn’t a single game this gen that comes close to the leaps Naughty Dog and Rockstar made on PS4. And these consoles are much more powerful in relation to PC’s than the previous consoles were in relation to the PC’s of the time. RDR2 and LOU2 came out late last generation remember - and they still managed to be incredibly impressive. I am expecting rockstar to show us something at a level we haven’t seen yet. If it’s on par with Spider Man 2 or some bullshit I’m gonna be pretty disappointed.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

i know people are already picking on the grapgics. But, GTA has always been about scope. The leap from 3 to 4 and to 5 are all really incredible. So many side activites, it turned into a life simulator, for crooks. Hopefully the game is wrapped up in a nice story and not entirely pushing toward GTA6 online.

Bartski

Gold Member

The guns and killings look way too disturbing nowadays. Like too real. Not a fan. Even on this alpha gameplay clip. It made me uneasy.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Also, Garbut was the art director of every single Rockstar game released since GTA3. He's also the head of Rockstar North and one of the most important people in the company.

It's a mess but whoever thinks he's getting in any serious trouble, let alone fired, doesn't have a clue

Last edited:

dcx4610

I think we’ve hit diminishing returns when it comes to games trying to look like real life. Character models still don’t look perfect but otherwise, there’s only so much more you can do to make concrete and buildings look more real.

It’s in theory, incredibly impressive where we came from with games on Atari but there’s something strangely unimpressive about it at the same time. It’s like it’s hard to appreciate because it just looks real.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think we’ve hit diminishing returns when it comes to games trying to look like real life. Character models still don’t look perfect but otherwise, there’s only so much more you can do to make concrete and buildings look more year.

It’s in theory, incredibly impressive coming looking at where we came from with games on Atari but there’s something strangely unimpressive about it at the same time. It’s like it’s hard to appreciate because it just looks real.
RDR2 looks a generation behind the matrix awakens demo. There is still a long way to go before we start maxing out graphics.

i mean, we'll see soon enough

The drawing distance and lack of noticeable LOD transitions from that clip is jawdropping. Most next-gen shit ever.
it's a 240p video and the camera doesnt change position.
it could have the worst LOD transitions of all time and you wouldnt see it in the video.

Top Bottom