• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto 6 leaked video

There's practically no chance this comes out on last-gen consoles that will be 10 years old in 2024. RDR2 also began development in 2010 and it didn't come out for the PS360.

Given how anemic the PS4/X1 specs are, I just can't see Rockstar being able to realize their ambitions with such underpowered machines.

I don't get the laughing gif. Is what he said wrong? I'd say it should straight up beat Cyberpunk which was hamstrung by the last-gen consoles.
Its not beating cyberpunk. Have you played path-traced cyberpunk on PC? It's not beating that at all.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Its not beating cyberpunk. Have you played path-traced cyberpunk on PC? It's not beating that at all.
He said "it should rival,", and he's correct. The budget is presumably much larger, it will come out 4 years later, only for much more powerful systems. There is 0 reason GTA VI should look worse than a 3 (4) year old cross-gen game.

As for the question, yes I did, and I ended up just using ray tracing Ultra because path tracing introduces way too much ghosting, and ray reconstruction causes the game to have an awful oil painting effect and even more ghosting. Path tracing is nice to look at in stills. It completely ruins the image quality.

Last edited:

Zuzu

That kid is gonna get in trouble for this. Leaking his Dad’s work like this is a shameful thing to do to his Father.

tusharngf

Leaked Map from era

leaked Map from era
Predicted-map-for-GTA-6-is-leaked.jpeg

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Honestly I hope developers rip this kid and his dad apart.

Every time Jason schrerier leaks something its the end of the world and he's gotta be burned at the stake according to the video game industry. So please act accordingly

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Honestly I hope developers rip this kid and his dad apart.
As Head of Development he is in some trouble, hopefully he keeps his job.

You on the other side, do you have anger management issues or…
Every time Jason schrerier leaks something its the end of the world and he's gotta be burned at the stake according to the video game industry. So please act accordingly
… are an Era fitting PressSneak fan that shows empathy for people unlike toxic gamers ;)?

Lunarorbit

As Head of Development he is in some trouble, hopefully he keeps his job.

You on the other side, do you have anger management issues or…

… are an Era fitting PressSneak fan that shows empathy for people unlike toxic gamers ;)?
Yeah I like press sneak fuck. And I like Colin Moriarty. Plus I go to our sister site and read what they say. Why wouldn't I? I got banned there years ago but their user base is way bigger than ours so they post more over there.

If you think I have anger management issues than what do you think of everyone else here?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah I like press sneak fuck. And I like Colin Moriarty. Plus I go to our sister site and read what they say. Why wouldn't I? I got banned there years ago but their user base is way bigger than ours so they post more over there.

If you think I have anger management issues than what do you think of everyone else here?
If they act like that and I happen to read it then I would comment in a similar way. It is at least frustrating if not depressing seeing people preaching violent compassion and tolerance: “you and those like you will learn to be as non toxic and compassionate and welcoming as we are even if we have to lynch you and destroy your lives and the lives of your family members too”.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

If they act like that and I happen to read it then I would comment in a similar way. It is at least frustrating if not depressing seeing people preaching violent compassion and tolerance: “you and those like you will learn to be as non toxic and compassionate and welcoming as we are even if we have to lynch you and destroy your lives and the lives of your family members too”.
?

I said devs should rip the dad and kid apart. Not literally.

Robb

Gold Member
It looks like GTA…

Not sure what the point is calling it cross-gen or not based on this when we know we’re getting high quality footage in just a couple of days.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Stupid fucking kid probably never received a proper education in the form of multiple slaps on the ass from his father and these are the results...

Last edited:

Moses85

In the end it will be on par with RDR2 which still look stunning. And this low res shit looks like RDR1

Klik

There's no logical explanation why it would be crossgen,3 years after (or more od it releases next year) current gen release. Current gen is selling great and to actually develop for slow HDD and jaguar cores boggles my mind..

If its crossgen this will probably be the first time i'll not buy GTA on releaae

Klik

People judging the graphics "OLOL LOOKS LIKE PS4" on a potato quality, leaked footage.
Don't change.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

If there's one thing I'm confident about with GTA VI, it's that it will be a great looking game. The story on the other side...
As somone who has been in gaming for last 25 years, usually if we get "potato quality" in trailers and gameplay, it usually IS. People just dont wanna accept it. I can give you some examples from last few years like Halo Infinite, Starfield, Battlefield 2042, Spiderman 2,Horizon Forbidden West.

Dont get me wrong they are still good looking games but nothing like "NEXT GEN" UE5 graphics what, lets be honest, people thought its gonna be

Last edited:

RyRy93

Imagine if it looks on par with RDR2 but runs at 60fps on current gen consoles, people will lose their shit even though the majority claim to value performance over graphics

Calverz

Gold Member
Graphically I’m more or less expecting gta5 again with maybe improved animations and higher textures. I think the expectations of this game for some people is just ridiculous.

The games evolution will hopefully be in the systems at play and freedom of choices in dialogues etc.

SimTourist

Graphically I’m more or less expecting gta5 again with maybe improved animations and higher textures. I think the expectations of this game for some people is just ridiculous.

The games evolution will hopefully be in the systems at play and freedom of choices in dialogues etc.
GTA 5 was built around 2005 hardware specs, so I think you're lowballing it. But expecting Matrix demo level is also not realistic.

Xtib81

What!? So, you're expecting a game that is releasing an entire decade later, on much more powerful machines, to look more or less the same ? It doesn't make any sense.
I agree though that some are expecting too much. I'm expecting the game to look a bit better than CP2077 on consoles.

Stafford

This leak may be real, but I'm really not gonna get my hopes up on there being multiple cities. I highly doubt this.

The latest rumors said Dan Houser wanted several cities but they went back on it and scaled it down to one big city with more density, being Vice City. Whatever they've decided to do, just give us plenty of interiors please. That's my biggest wish.

As for graphics, was it an insider that said the jump visually will be bigger than GTA 5 to RDR2? Someone claimed this.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Red Dead 2 is one of the best looking games ever but even now its showing rough edges as we advance. No way GTA 6 is cross gen.

This game has got to last the rest of this gen, supplant gta online with the next gen version, and look really good with a next gen patch for ps6/xb series Odyssey 3 Zen

cormack12

Gold Member
This leak may be real, but I'm really not gonna get my hopes up on there being multiple cities. I highly doubt this.

The latest rumors said Dan Houser wanted several cities but they went back on it and scaled it down to one big city with more density, being Vice City. Whatever they've decided to do, just give us plenty of interiors please. That's my biggest wish.
They don't even look like cities on that map mock up. They look similar size to Grapeseed but more defined. One big city and a busy seafront promenade

SSfox

Look fuck Rockstar and that trash company can die I won't give a fuck about them.

But what's the point of all those poop like leaks? what this dusk golem like sub human scrub guy think he's achieving by leaking stuff like this? That he looks cool now? Make him feel he has a purpose in his life? doing some service to scrub people like him?

The trailer is only in 2 days also which make this whole thing even more dumb looking. And the people that spread all those leaks aren't too smart either tbh.

Last edited:
It won't be cross gen because miltiplatform games are barely selling on PS4 anymore. I don't see rockstar holding GTA 6 back like that. Especially when you consider that this game will last 10+ years. They're gonna push it as much as they can and you just can't do that if you have to get the game running on a PS4 and XB1

Last edited:

Kurotri

It won't be cross gen because miltiplatform games are barely selling on PS4 anymore. I don't see rockstar holding GTA 6 back like that. Especially when you consider that this game will last 10+ years. They're gonna push it as much as they can and you just can't do that if you have to get the game running on a PS4 and XB1
Yeah. GTA 6 releases 4, maybe even 5 years into this gen. Going by that logic why wasn't Red Dead 2 cross-gen, especially since it was supposed to release in 2016? I don't get it. Of course it's gonna be current-gen only.

Diddy X

It's pretty obvious I would bet money on it it won't be cross-gen.

You're wrong.

I know very well the kind of rendering features and techniques that make up for the look of a next-gen game, a last-gen game, and each generation before that, as well as the particularities of Rockstar's internal technology. So excuse me, but I'm way more educated than the average user that throws the "cross-gen" tag at every single new game release that hits the market.

Apart from that, I come from literally playing a pristine-looking next-gen open-world game at native 4K, maxed out settings and with RT in Suicide Squad... and the elements that are not blurred out by the compression of this latest GTA VI look several steps above that. So yeah, Grand Theft Auto VI definitely doesn't look fucking cross-gen in this performance mode 1440p footage.
This reads like the Navy Seal copypasta lmao

nemiroff

Gold Member
Imagine trusting your beloved son with the secrets of a multi-billion-dollar project but then he just out of the blue takes a giant dump on you and the thousands of employees that miraculously managed to keep it in for so long.

LOL

Disclaimer: I don't find the actual contents of this leak very interesting, an awkward camera pan from a dev test gives me nothing, I just want to play the game.

Edit: No big deal for GTA6 per se, no sales numbers are going to be affected whatsoever. The only damage here is basically "trust", in-house. Yeah; there's going to be some disappointed workers that will have a somewhat deflated energy at their reveal party, but that's all.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
The leak really is nothing.
But rockstar 1000% already fired him, his family, his whole team and probably just murdered them.
Over nothing. No leak could damage gta 6

Calverz

Gold Member
RDR2 already shat all over GTA 5. Wtf at these posts man
I didnt play much of RDR 2 but is there areas as built up and as populated as los santos? Or moving at high speeds which would have an impact on streaming in data/content?

Top Bottom