• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto 6 leaked video

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
This is what you get when you stop whooping kids asses. Instead of dinner this kid needs a belt or paddle put too his ass.

amigastar

Your metrics for this is hot garbage

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
It'a just a phrase, jesus lol.

Mozzarella

GTA is one of the least games i get excited for, i know how they are going to be designed, because Rockstar still do the same design for 20 years (since Vice City) so i dont get this huge anticipation.
Its going to have a big map, a huge city full of NPCs and buildings you cant enter.
Then you are going to have a lot of side activities, you can play golf, play darts, probably eat at restaurant, swim, do hiking in the urban areas maybe, gun stores, clothing stores, car stores, and many more.
Then you are going to have markers on the map each marker is referred to with a letter, such as M, P, L, T etc etc

Now to the gameplay loop:
Go to marker on the map --> Watch a cutscene ---> Ride from A to B --> Watch cutscene --> Shoot the bad guys --> Watch cutscene --> Return side character to the mark --> hear music and mission complete.

You will have guns, shotguns, RPG, sword, knife, rifles, bombs etc. You can murder the NPCs however you like, as soon as you do crime you start collecting police stars, at 3 stars helicopter chases you, at 5 stars they bring out military.
The gunplay consists of shooting the bad guys with auto aim on their head, totally one shooting them, you take cover and you shoot enemy no.123124.
Stealth is lame, level design is lame, full focus on realism except when it comes to plot plausibility.

Now to the story:
The city is set in Miami, so: Go to Hollywood, find a crime gangster film or TV drama set in Miami, copy the characters trait, change the names, copy the plot, edit it with some satire and be politically correct this time cause its not 2004 anymore, upgrade the visuals...and tada you have GTA 6

Why do you need leaks for this generic series is beyond me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Imtjnotu

GTA is one of the least games i get excited for, i know how they are going to be designed, because Rockstar still do the same design for 20 years (since Vice City) so i dont get this huge anticipation.
Its going to have a big map, a huge city full of NPCs and buildings you cant enter.
Then you are going to have a lot of side activities, you can play golf, play darts, probably eat at restaurant, swim, do hiking in the urban areas maybe, gun stores, clothing stores, car stores, and many more.
Then you are going to have markers on the map each marker is referred to with a letter, such as M, P, L, T etc etc

Go to marker on the map --> Watch a cutscene ---> Ride from A to B --> Watch cutscene --> Shoot the bad guys --> Watch cutscene --> Return side character to the mark --> hear music and mission complete.

You will have guns, shotguns, RPG, sword, knife, rifles, bombs etc. You can murder the NPCs however you like, as soon as you do crime you start collecting police stars, at 3 stars helicopter chases you, at 5 stars they bring out military.
The gunplay consists of shooting the bad guys with auto aim on their head, totally one shooting them, you take cover and you shoot enemy no.123124.
Stealth is lame, level design is lame, full focus on realism except when it comes to plot plausibility.

Now to the story
The city is set in Miami, so: Go to Hollywood, find a crime gangster film or TV drama set in Miami, copy the characters trait, change the names, copy the plot, edit it with some satire and be politically correct this time cause its not 2004 anymore, upgrade the visuals...and tada you have GTA 6

Why do you need leaks for this generic series is beyond me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
4 paragraphs over a generic series...

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Example #3072 of why devs never show shit to you until they're ready to do so. There's already a whole damn thread on the front page bitching about how last Gen is all but confirmed, nevermind that we know nothing about when in the dev cycle this footage was taken from. FFS we're getting all this info ina few days

zkorejo

I just don't have patience for the whole leaks, trailers, 5 delays and a release after 4 years of reveal.

Any idea when they're planning to actually release the game?

Ribi

Kid said I can't leak more for legal reasons. Lmao.

Also y'all shitting on him but without his dumbass we wouldn't have leaks

sendit

Wild people are judging the graphics based on low quality leaks where you can barely make out any fine detail.

Last edited:

Thaimasker

Now to the story:

You could do the same break down for many popular story structures, music structures, food lol .. anything really. It helps that they aren't pumping them out like crazy

Last edited:

Quantum253

Looks very close to the original WatchDogs leaks. It looked off and fake...but then it was pretty close to when it released, so I would say it's real

You could do the same break down for many popular story structures, music structures, food lol .. anything really. It helps that they aren't pumping them out like crazy
GTA, CoD, AC, FC, Madden, Fifa, BF etc. they all suck fat donkey dicks these days, but people still want more of the same for some unknown reason.

Ozzie666

Are they going to take the son to court? and try to crush his life like the other leaker? How can that be okay on any front? The dad and the son should be in deep shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ps5 gen is a joke.

Schrier said the game started dev in 2014. It was always going to be a ps4 game. even if they only launch it on current Gen consoles.

This is what happens when you idiotically put all 3000 devs into one game like rdr2 and leave a skeleton crew for the biggest game franchise of all time. All that work that skeleton crew did for 5 years while everyone else made rdr2 was done on ps4 specs on last gen tech. there was no nanite back then. no mesh shaders. the base of the game even if they leave PS4 and X1 behind was always going to be rooted in 2014 design, tech and specs.

They will probably slap on ray tracing and other ssd stuff cross gen games have been doing this gen. it does look pretty good, but its no matrix awakens. it should rival cyberpunk and spiderman 2 but people expecting the greatest looking game of all time shouldve known this game was in development for the entire ps4 gen. even if only a few design leads were working on it.

the leaks were on ps4 devkits and that was the first big red flag to me. if this was a true next gen only game, they wouldnt have been developing it on ps4 devkits in 2020 when ps5 devkits were out.

still hoping against hope that this is old footage and game looks substantially better than this, but my spidey sense went off as soon as i saw jason say the game started development in 2014.

Last edited:

SimTourist

Schrier said the game started dev in 2014. It was always going to be a ps4 game. even if they only launch it on current Gen consoles.

This is what happens when you idiotically put all 3000 devs into one game like rdr2 and leave a skeleton crew for the biggest game franchise of all time. All that work that skeleton crew did for 5 years while everyone else made rdr2 was done on ps4 specs on last gen tech. there was no nanite back then. no mesh shaders. the base of the game even if they leave PS4 and X1 behind was always going to be rooted in 2014 design, tech and specs.

They will probably slap on ray tracing and other ssd stuff cross gen games have been doing this gen. it does look pretty good, but its no matrix awakens. it should rival cyberpunk and spiderman 2 but people expecting the greatest looking game of all time shouldve known this game was in development for the entire ps4 gen. even if only a few design leads were working on it.

the leaks were on ps4 devkits and that was the first big red flag to me. if this was a true next gen only game, they wouldnt have been developing it on ps4 devkits in 2020 when ps5 devkits were out.

still hoping against hope that this is old footage and game looks substantially better than this, but my spidey sense went off as soon as i saw jason say the game started development in 2014.
Graphics are usually done in the last year or two of development, so it doesn't matter when the game started development.

Shubh_C63

Mission Passed+ Respect
Ahh! Masterpiece.

Jokes aside GTA 5 (NOnline) was boring. A solid 8/10 game that dropped to 6/10 just as single player content ended. That was it ?

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

There's practically no chance this comes out on last-gen consoles that will be 10 years old in 2024. RDR2 also began development in 2010 and it didn't come out for the PS360.

Given how anemic the PS4/X1 specs are, I just can't see Rockstar being able to realize their ambitions with such underpowered machines.

I don't get the laughing gif. Is what he said wrong? I'd say it should straight up beat Cyberpunk which was hamstrung by the last-gen consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom