• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto 6 leaked video

Those that say "PS4 graphics lol" couldn't be more clueless.

The drawing distance and lack of noticeable LOD transitions from that clip is jawdropping. Most next-gen shit ever.

Can't believe that folks are trying to tear down to pieces a potato quality afternoon shot of a work-in-progress alpha from a game that's at least one year away.
You comment is equally ridiculous, just the other end of the spectrum.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Season 4 Prime Video GIF by The Man in the High Castle

How someone kid can be so retarded to put your own dad work in danger?

This is the closest you get from a darwin award.

Also, kind of dumb to give your teenage son access to this kind of material. One thing to maybe give him a sneak peak or talk about it at the dinner table but to give him the data files which allowed him to upload it for the entire world wide web to see is pretty stupid.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
You comment is equally ridiculous, just the other end of the spectrum.
You're wrong.

I know very well the kind of rendering features and techniques that make up for the look of a next-gen game, a last-gen game, and each generation before that, as well as the particularities of Rockstar's internal technology. So excuse me, but I'm way more educated than the average user that throws the "cross-gen" tag at every single new game release that hits the market.

Apart from that, I come from literally playing a pristine-looking next-gen open-world game at native 4K, maxed out settings and with RT in Suicide Squad... and the elements that are not blurred out by the compression of this latest GTA VI look several steps above that. So yeah, Grand Theft Auto VI definitely doesn't look fucking cross-gen in this performance mode 1440p footage.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
with RT in Suicide Squad
For your information, RT is not working on the alpha of Suicide Squad. So you might not be *that* educated after all^^
BTW I'm sharing your opinion (mostly) on this leaked footage.

Zoomers can't help themselves, they *have* to leak anything they can get their hands on in exchange for social media credits.
The dad was the one who brought this footage home and showed his son btw.

Keeping secrets has been a problem for mankind since forever ago.

Vick

Rockstar has been reliable when it comes to good graphics in open world games since Red Dead Redemption 1.
This.

Yes clouds do look like shit and the palette used isn't very attractive to say the least when judged from this unknown panel at unknown settings, but Rockstar have been the very best since 2010..
Let's wait and see.

Just hope those are RT shadows as seen in their GTAV current gen port.

Last edited:
Judging the graphics on a dev build with debug mode enabled is super dumb, when play-testing unoptimised code for hours a day you are going to crank the settings way down to get a stable frame-rate. Depending on their security policy they are also probably streaming the game remotely, so IQ will be poor. This isn't a demo, this is a rough working copy so they can look at stuff remotely.

Top Bottom