• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto 6 leaked video

SABRE220

Imagine working your ass off for years to become head of game development for a legendary studio like rockstar when your son probably high off a doobie thought it would be funny to leak confidential work to the public because yolo. The company has legit grounds to axe him without severance and his rep is ruined badly. No one in the top brass is going to take him seriously with top-level decisions or confidential materials.

I know he probably should have been more secure with his data but I have legit seen idiot kids run into their dads work room while he is in the washroom and start emailing and forwarding random shit to their bosses....sometimes even great parents get dealt a bad draw.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Imagine working your ass off for years to become head of game development for a legendary studio like rockstar when your son probably high off a doobie thought it would be funny to leak confidential work to the public because yolo. The company has legit grounds to axe him without severance and his rep is ruined badly. No one in the top brass is going to take him seriously with top-level decisions or confidential materials.

I know he probably should have been more secure with his data but I have legit seen idiot kids run into their dads work room while he is in the washroom and start emailing and forwarding random shit to their bosses....sometimes even great parents get dealt a bad draw.

Don't make kids, problem solved

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The gta fan base is fine with mediocre they just embrace the thugs and show the rides love.

nani17

are in a big trouble
What don't you people understand he was trying to get likes.

Do you know how important it is to get likes. If he gets enough likes Becky Washington will help him get to second base. Who cares if his dad gets in trouble it's Becky Washington for Pete sake

Wtf are you talking about. This is off screen potato quality … how can you even tell ii’s last gen??

RDR2 still looks much better than the majority of ”next-gen” games and you believe GT6 will look worse then that?

Some of you never learn.

Yeah I Don't get why some people think that. Rockstar ain't going to go backwards. It will at the least, look as good as RDR2 and that would actually be good enough because that game still looks amazing even today 5 years after release. I've also seen people saying it will look a little better than GTA V. Really? It's 10 years old and they think the new one will only look a little better? I Dont know where people are getting these stupid thoughts from.

Stafford

So what do ya'll think? Will the first trailer be like the first GTA 5 trailer? Barely showing any characters and more like parts from the game world? I'd love to see some important story characters already in the first trailer, but Rockstar being Rockstar....it's probably for a second one.

blue velvet

It's so hilarious that people are judging the visuals based on sped up off screen footage. What's wrong with y'all? Rockstar imo still trumps even the best Sony studio out there. This game is going to be mind-blowingly crazy. Rockstar don't miss even though they've been slacking and milking GTAV's success for a decade now.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Rockstar don't miss
Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

even though they've been slacking and milking GTAV's success for a decade now.
Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by Justin

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's so hilarious that people are judging the visuals based on sped up off screen footage. What's wrong with y'all? Rockstar imo still trumps even the best Sony studio out there. This game is going to be mind-blowingly crazy. Rockstar don't miss even though they've been slacking and milking GTAV's success for a decade now.
People are judging what’s out there. There is still a possibility that the game looks generation ahead of this footage but there is no harm in discussing the topic on hand.

GTA is one of the least games i get excited for, i know how they are going to be designed, because Rockstar still do the same design for 20 years (since Vice City) so i dont get this huge anticipation.
Its going to have a big map, a huge city full of NPCs and buildings you cant enter.
Then you are going to have a lot of side activities, you can play golf, play darts, probably eat at restaurant, swim, do hiking in the urban areas maybe, gun stores, clothing stores, car stores, and many more.
Then you are going to have markers on the map each marker is referred to with a letter, such as M, P, L, T etc etc

Now to the gameplay loop:
Go to marker on the map --> Watch a cutscene ---> Ride from A to B --> Watch cutscene --> Shoot the bad guys --> Watch cutscene --> Return side character to the mark --> hear music and mission complete.

You will have guns, shotguns, RPG, sword, knife, rifles, bombs etc. You can murder the NPCs however you like, as soon as you do crime you start collecting police stars, at 3 stars helicopter chases you, at 5 stars they bring out military.
The gunplay consists of shooting the bad guys with auto aim on their head, totally one shooting them, you take cover and you shoot enemy no.123124.
Stealth is lame, level design is lame, full focus on realism except when it comes to plot plausibility.

Now to the story:
The city is set in Miami, so: Go to Hollywood, find a crime gangster film or TV drama set in Miami, copy the characters trait, change the names, copy the plot, edit it with some satire and be politically correct this time cause its not 2004 anymore, upgrade the visuals...and tada you have GTA 6

Why do you need leaks for this generic series is beyond me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I am consistently baffled by how successful the series is when it has had so little to offer past 2005.

Flutta

Banned
Yeah I Don't get why some people think that. Rockstar ain't going to go backwards. It will at the least, look as good as RDR2 and that would actually be good enough because that game still looks amazing even today 5 years after release. I've also seen people saying it will look a little better than GTA V. Really? It's 10 years old and they think the new one will only look a little better? I Dont know where people are getting these stupid thoughts from.
I think some just want to hate on it, and this was the "perfect" time to do it. I mean I'm no Rockstar fanboy trying to defend their honor or anything far from it, i'm also not stupid. Wait for native cap and then decide if it's next gen or not until then you sound like an idiot.

Imagine that they were going to give the Christmas bonus in addition to having the incentives for punctuality, which are wasted by a child.

What don't you people understand he was trying to get likes.

Do you know how important it is to get likes. If he gets enough likes Becky Washington will help him get to second base. Who cares if his dad gets in trouble it's Becky Washington for Pete sake
Who the fck is Becky Washington?

cormack12

Gold Member
They should get their revenge by making this kid only able to hold $500 in their gta online account. Can't get past level 10 and can own no cars. Creative punishment.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
He said "it should rival,", and he's correct. The budget is presumably much larger, it will come out 4 years later, only for much more powerful systems. There is 0 reason GTA VI should look worse than a 3 (4) year old cross-gen game.

As for the question, yes I did, and I ended up just using ray tracing Ultra because path tracing introduces way too much ghosting, and ray reconstruction causes the game to have an awful oil painting effect and even more ghosting. Path tracing is nice to look at in stills. It completely ruins the image quality.
Cyberpunk isn't a cross gen game.

sendit

If you didn't tell me this ultra low quality video was of GTA6, I would have thought it was an ultra low quality video of Spider Man 2.

Scotracer

Neo Member
I don't care what it looks like as long as it's not got horrific pop-in. What I DO care about is the god awful handling mechanics. Or the god-awful car physics (bring back GTAIV physics). They better make it play better.

Kerotan

I condon much more the father wanting to make the son happy rather than the kids getting his own father fired.
Exactly. The father should have his skin peeled off and then have salt and lemon poured over him. Knowing the youth today his son will probably stream it in tik tok and enjoy his next 5 mins of fame.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

The guns and killings look way too disturbing nowadays. Like too real. Not a fan. Even on this alpha gameplay clip. It made me uneasy.

I bet they’re going to bring back the controversy since that sells this game. The controversy is what makes it so great too. To your point, I certainly wouldn’t let young kids play this. What use to bug me was hearing people tell me something you could do in GTA that you obviously can’t. They would have known that had they actually played the game.

I don’t like to just randomly shoot or run people over. I mess around, but I tend to enjoy the missions in GTA.

amigastar

The guns and killings look way too disturbing nowadays. Like too real. Not a fan. Even on this alpha gameplay clip. It made me uneasy.

Really? It's not looking very much worse than Soldier of Fortune, lets say. I'm ok with the ragdoll in this GTA.

Top Bottom