• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gunda-- Warhawk debate thread (aka DoomBringer melts)

Looks like the game was playable at the recent ChinaJoy expo

01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Boy Shogmaster was totally right about the polygonization. Christ, downgrade super ultra

yay @ super empty desert with terrible textures and two sole gundam looking at each other with almost no environmental effects -_-

raYne

Is this the same Gundam that looked amazing a while back? Or is that something else?

'Cause if so...

Whatever it is, it needs more anything.

Forsete

Gold Member
Amir0x said:
Boy Shogmaster was totally right about the polygonization. Christ, downgrade super ultra

Looks like the models are about the same detail level as before, I think.

The environment sucks for sure, but it wasn't really anything to rave about before either.

Zaptruder

Banned
Amir0x said:

yay @ super empty desert with terrible textures and two sole gundam looking at each other with almost no environmental effects -_-

Crap screens I agree (in terms of what's been shown off, and the quality of the screenshots themselves), but I'm not sure how that extends towards downgrade super ultra total.

It actually looks pretty decent from what I can see... and as far as a gundam game goes, it's looking really pretty good.... Have you seen the X360 gundam? This looks like about as good as you're going to get from Namco Bandai in terms of launch or first gen titles for this round of consoles.

Zaptruder

Banned
The e3 was version was soooo sllooowwwww. Why did they even bother showing the game at that state?? Dumbasses

Seriously, these guys should get a clue, and go rip off ZOE2.

Gundam isn't about slow plodding mecha combat... nor should you need to be one of their mythical newtypes in order to pull off the kind of moves they do in the show.

Just plain crap design all around. Unfortunately, regardless of the power of a console; it won't automatically save it from poor design... not even with a novel input system like the Wii or even DS.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Amir0x said:

hyperbole some?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I was laughing on the inside when these shots were being shown...

ps3_gundam.jpg

I knew the final wouldn't look that good. I hoped, but knew better deep down.

Is there any PS3 game that has matched and/or surpassed what was shown initially (2005)?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Somebody post that downgradeton pic!

irfan said:
Models +
Environment -

Same case as Motorstorm. This isnt a killer title anyways.

I think motorstorm looks much better than this.

Amir0x

Banned
Forsete said:
Looks like the models are about the same detail level as before, I think.

The environment sucks for sure, but it wasn't really anything to rave about before either.

mobile-suit-gundam-20060117010840210.jpg

E3 2005

And then what we had at PlayStation Meeting 2005 was very comparable to this in terms of models and environment, not animation and destruction obviously ^

Then we have this now, which is in my view quite clear a downgrade. Not from E3 2006, of course.

Zaptruder said:
Crap screens I agree (in terms of what's been shown off, and the quality of the screenshots themselves), but I'm not sure how that extends towards downgrade super ultra total.

It actually looks pretty decent from what I can see... and as far as a gundam game goes, it's looking really pretty good.... Have you seen the X360 gundam? This looks like about as good as you're going to get from Namco Bandai in terms of launch or first gen titles for this round of consoles.

It's a downgrade from what they showed before on the game (previous to E3 2006), this is no improvement from that and looks the same as that build obviously. This is very ugly stuff.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Once again Amir0x has a point, check this old real time demo...
(The PlayStation Meeting 2005 In-Game Demo Vid)
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/vids_1.html
the game definatly doesnt look like that anymore.

But to be fair this is obviously the same exact e3 build, nothing is different in those pictures. I'm sure there have been changes since then, lets wait till TGS till we start yelling death to bandai/namco.

ThirdEye said:
:lol I just noticed that.

Amir0x

Banned
Killzone will surpass what was shown at E3 2005.

Zaptruder said:
That's the most hyperbolic statement I've seen you make to date!

Reality isn't hyperbole. You're getting confused I think!

mckmas8808

DaCocoBrova said:
I was laughing on the inside when these shots were being shown...

ps3_gundam.jpg

I knew the final wouldn't look that good. I hoped, but knew better deep down.

Is there any PS3 game that has matched and/or surpassed what was shown initially (2005)?

Did you see the game when they had a private showing, which was real-time that looked 100% exactly the same as these models?

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Did you see the game when they had a private showing, which was real-time that looked 100% exactly the same as these models?

EX-ACT-MOTHER-****ING-LY

They showed that which was "100% exactly the same", and then they showed THIS shit at E3 and this other show and it's downgrade total super ultra. That's what we're saying :lol :lol

This what the game looked like at Playstation Meeting 2005 (it was very early but playable)

psm10.jpg

0654.jpg
2521.jpg

At E3 the game was 10% complete but looked worse...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wollan said:
Heavenly Sword and Resistance but that's about it.
warhawk, the getaway, fight night, mgs4, dmc4?

Doom_Bringer said:
This what the game looked like at Playstation Meeting 2005 (it was very early but playable)

*snip*

god that looks gorgeous. BELIEVE!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's next-gen in a nutshell, my friend. When Microsoft dropped the bomb on us at E3 2005...I was really hoping they wouldn't be right. Unfortunately... :(

Forsete

Gold Member
Talking about the models, I dont see a huge massive ultra crab downgrade. The environment is another story, hard to judge considering its a different setting.

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
There's no hyperbole there.

We seen the game at last year's Playstation meeting which looked as good as the E3 2005 video, just very slow. Obviously the animation and physics weren't there but the models were.

And yes it is hyperbole because the game isn't even finished yet. And it's not even set in the same environment.

Amir0x

Banned
Bad_Boy said:

MGS4 wasn't shown at that E3, Fight Night hasn't even been shown for PS3 anymore... I think they abandoned Fight Night 3.3 plans or whatever, the Getaway is also just video at the moment... and Warhawk, ok give you that :D

mckmas8808 said:
We seen the game at last year's Playstation meeting which looked as good as the E3 2005 video, just very slow. Obviously the animation and physics weren't there but the models were.

And yes it is hyperbole because the game isn't even finished yet. And it's not even set in the same environment.

Ok, I don't think you get what hyperbole means.

Reality - they showed Gundam two times, and it looked extremely good both times. Then they showed it at E3. It played terribly, LOOKED terrible, didn't even resemble what they acheived in those videos and this is once again shown. This is 'downgrade super ultra.' Is, in fact, the definition of downgrade super ultra.

Seriously, there are some game that needs no excuses. No shit the game isn't finished yet.

Wolffen

mckmas8808 said:

That was TGS last year, right? While the animation didn't look as good, and some environmental effects were missing, it was very close to the E3 2005 trailer (just a bit empty). That's what has me wondering if this is even the same game. Maybe Namco has rubbed off on Bandai too much after the merger (not that Bandai was known for stunning real-time graphics in their games).

edit: N/V mind. Beaten several times.

duckroll

Doom_Bringer said:

It was playable? Nothing was playable at the Playstation Meeting! It was a longass demo reel of trailers. Playable my ass!

mckmas8808

Doom_Bringer said:

psm10.jpg

0654.jpg
2521.jpg

EXACTLY!!! It was 10% complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means there's 90% more development to go. THINK PEOPLE!

Wollan

Bad_Boy said:

MGS4 wasn't even shown and DMC4 has never been shown anywhere(besides target renders which I admit looks doable). And for the Getaway tech demo it's still only that.
But I agree on Warhawk, it's better in most regards, we haven't seen a forest level yet but will more than likely show up in final game.

Warhawk looks worse. It doesn't have the same amount of enemies on screen and the 3rd person stuff was totally downgraded big time, it looks like a PS2 game

Forsete

Gold Member
duckroll said:
It was playable? Nothing was playable at the Playstation Meeting! It was a longass demo reel of trailers. Playable my ass!

IIRC the dev was playing the game on the stage, talking about the game and so on.

Top Bottom