• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gunda-- Warhawk debate thread (aka DoomBringer melts)

ThirdEye

Wow old Gundam PS3 pics attract so many posts. Lately we see too many threads with old pics. Where's PS2 SH3 Old Man pic?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
There's got to be a method to Doom_Bringer's madness...he rides Heavenly Sword and Warhawk incessantly while saying nice, encouraging things about Untold Legends. I haven't figured it out yet.

You guys have to realize that Incognito has never made a good looking game...I mean look at this

twistedmetalblack_screen002.jpg
w_screen003.jpg

downhilldom_screen002.jpg

They don't know graphics and shouldn't be compared to the likes of Factor 5.

Wollan

I can't wait until Warhawk starts racking in high review scores. And I know what you're going to say to that, it will get high marks on graphics aswell.

On another note, I just saw the connection between my room number and PS3 launch date. 1117. Omg?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
NO, RS looks better than Warhawk! The game has volumetric fogging, self-shadowing, good water effects, good particle effects and on foot segments. While the game might not be locked at 60 FPS or 720p resolution it stil gives Warhawk a run for its money.
lastdragonvt0.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
NO, RS looks better than Warhawk! The game has volumetric fogging, self-shadowing, good water effects, good particle effects and on foot segments. While the game might not be locked at 60 FPS or 720p resolution it stil gives Warhawk a run for its money.
How can you make that broad statement without seeing the actual game? Warhawk has all of that and more (and improves upon all of those aspects).

They've really only shown us that island and the sea and there are very few real shots out there. Also, there are over 75 individual crafts on screen in this shot and we can assume there are more in the area. That's pretty many, I think. Finding them all in some giant pack like that early shot isn't likely for gameplay reasons, but it seems that the engine could handle it. There's nothing unrealistic about that old shot and I think the current engine could easily handle it.

warhawk-20060622042537379.jpg

You guys have to realize that Incognito has never made a good looking game...I mean look at this
I disagree. Twisted Metal Black, for instance, looks poor in media...but in person, it's impressive. The particle are insane, the worlds are massive and detailed, the framerate is 60, the game just looks awesome.

Ceb

Doom_Bringer/Landmine_Salesman also spent lots of time over at the Ninja Theory forums trolling Heavenly Sword's graphics, so why even bother acknowledging his presence?

dark10x said:
How can you make that broad statement without seeing the actual game? Warhawk has all of that and more (and improves upon all of those aspects).

They've really only shown us that island and the sea and there are very few real shots out there. Also, there are over 75 individual crafts on screen in this shot and we can assume there are more in the area. That's pretty many, I think. Finding them all in some giant pack like that early shot isn't likely for gameplay reasons, but it seems that the engine could handle it. There's nothing unrealistic about that old shot and I think the current engine could easily handle i

I have seen the HD vids many times. The game has static geometry, no dynamic lighting, low poly enemies, and weak explosions. The only good thing about Warhawk are the clouds and the water THATS IT!!! 75 low poly enemy don't do squat for me

dark10x said:
I disagree. Twisted Metal Black, for instance, looks poor in media...but in person, it's impressive. The particle are insane, the worlds are massive and detailed, the framerate is 60, the game just looks awesome.

I have TMB and I think it looks like crap. Vigilate 8 on DC is a better playing game and it looks better as welll

Kittonwy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

There are no volumetric clouds in RS. And it's not like you can land and get out of your x-wing at anytime like one can just park the Warhawk and start running around. Warhawk is more of a sandbox game, not to mention Warhawk supports 32 players multiplayer while RS does not.
angry.gif

Can't wait to see Lair in-game though.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
IGN: How many ships and vehicles can be displayed onscreen at once?

Upton: Hundreds! Actually, we've done tests where there are too many enemies on the screen! After a certain point it turns into total chaos and it's hard to fly for 5 seconds without slamming into another plane, which obviously isn't very fun. As we tune each of the missions we're trying to keep them as crowded as possible and still be fun and playable.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716051p1.html

i can do this all day Doom_Bringer.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:

They don't know graphics and shouldn't be compared to the likes of Factor 5.
They put a premium on 60 fps and none of those shots are particularly indicative of the full visual capability of any one of those games. How many of those three games have you played extensively?

Amir0x

Banned
that's the quote i was thinking of. I can't even imagine what that shit is like :lol

I can't wait til' the later battles in Warhawk when the battles scale even further up and the insanity explodes around us :D

dark10x

Doom_Bringer said:
I have seen the HD vids many times. The game has static geometry, low poly enemies, and weak explosions. The only good thing about Warhawk are the clouds and the water THATS IT!!! 75 low poly enemy don't do squat for me
They aren't low poly and the environments are not static.

What's that? A building blowing up? Considering that all of their PS2 titles had environments that could be destroyed...it's not suprising.
warhawk-ps3-20060508080911533.jpg

Oh, and yeah, that's not a great shot...but you can see that there is a lot of geometry in those structures for such a large, open world. They didn't just use flat walls all over, but rather, actually modeled the buildings with real detail.

Vigilate 8 on DC is a better playing game and it looks better as welll
You're officially insane. V8 looks HORRIBLE on the DC, has tons of slowdown, and plays like shit. TMB is the best car combat game ever made.

kaching said:
They put a premium on 60 fps and none of those shots are particularly indicative of the full visual capability of any one of those games. How many of those three games have you played extensively?

I beat Twisted Metal Black multiple times and I don't think it looks good at all...even at 60 FPS the controls are irresponsive

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
YES HUNDEREDS OF LOW POLY ENEMIES THAT LOOK LIKE INSECTS. HOLY ITS ACE COMBAT 4 ALL OVER AGAIN
did you even read the shit. if you slam into one of the other ships, i hardly think its going to look like an insect.

ALL DAY Doom_Bringer, ALL DAY. :lol

dark10x

Doom_Bringer said:
YES HUNDEREDS OF LOW POLY ENEMIES THAT LOOK LIKE INSECTS. HOLY ITS ACE COMBAT 4 ALL OVER AGAIN
Show me ONE screen with even 50 enemies on screen at once in AC4.

They AREN'T low poly either.

I can't even believe you are a real poster anymore. You shouldn't hijack Doom_Bringer's account, whoever you are, as you are giving him a bad name.

even at 60 FPS the controls are irresponsive
Did you even play the real game? The controls are ultra responsive (and it's unresponsive, by the way, not irresponsive). It's V8 that has incredibly bogus controls.

What are you smoking?

dark10x said:
What's that? A building blowing up? Considering that all of their PS2 titles had environments that could be destroyed...it's not suprising.
warhawk-ps3-20060508080911533.jpg

Oh, and yeah, that's not a great shot...but you can see that there is a lot of geometry in those structures for such a large, open world. They didn't just use flat walls all over, but rather, actually modeled the buildings with real detail.

You're officially insane. V8 looks HORRIBLE on the DC, has tons of slowdown, and plays like shit. TMB is the best car combat game ever made.

Red Faction had destructible environments too....Sorry but Warhawk just screams "I AM A UPGRADED PS2 PORT" to me. I have a feeling that the game was in development for PS2 then moved to PS3. Show me a battleship crashing into the ground and taking out buildings or show me a battleship crashing in the ocean and creating massive waves...now that would be next gen. The screen you posted above is not next gen..weak smoke effects, hardly any debris, piss poor firecracker explosion! Is this next gen :lol

And Vigilante 8 rocks! It destroys Twisted Metal balck and its shitty controls

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I just want to understand D_B's pathology at this point...it's like an episode of House.

I beat Twisted Metal Black multiple times and I don't think it looks good at all...even at 60 FPS the controls are irresponsive
You beat a game multiple times that you didn't think looked good "at all" and found "irresponsive"? *writes on white board, "masochist"*

Doom_Bringer said:
Red Faction had destructible environments too....Sorry but Warhawk just screams "I AM A UPGRADED PS2 PORT" to me. I have a feeling that the game was in development for PS2 then moved to PS3. Show me a battleship crashing into the ground and taking out buildings or show me a battleship crashing in the ocean and creating massive waves...now that would be next gen. The screen you posted above is not next gen..weak smoke effects, hardly any debris, piss poor firecracker explosion! Is this next gen :lol

And Vigilante 8 rocks! It destroys Twisted Metal balck and its shitty controls

okay im not even going to touch the graphics arguements with a ten foot pole, but i need to second the V8 comment.. the only car combat game ive ever had a considerable amount of fun with.

dark10x said:
Show me ONE screen with even 50 enemies on screen at once in AC4.

What I meant was that AC4 has tiny little enemies with low details. The game is exactly like Warhawk. You have a highly detailed plane with selfshadowing and the rest of the planes in the game are low poly...Warhawk is exactly the same.

I can't even believe you are a real poster anymore. You shouldn't hijack Doom_Bringer's account, whoever you are, as you are giving him a bad name.
No its me DB

Did you even play the real game? The controls are ultra responsive (and it's unresponsive, by the way, not irresponsive). It's V8 that has incredibly bogus controls.

I had to play the game with cheats because of the controls. V8 was a lot of fun on both PSX and DC

meltpotato said:
okay im not even going to touch the graphics arguements with a ten foot pole, but i need to second the V8 comment.. the only car combat game ive ever had a considerable amount of fun with.

yeah the school bus was awesome! I don't know what gaffers have against Vigilante 8

<nu>faust

lol just couple of minutes ago i was thinking to myself how this thread was reminding me of gakman's melt thread....hahh hahhaaa good job moderation :lol

btw: i really do think this hijacked doombringer account theory has legs

Amir0x

Banned
DrGAKMAN's melt thread was great.

Doom_Bringer's was ok until the Red Faction comparrison, then it skyrocketed to classic status :lol

dark10x said:
This just in, Red Faction owns Warhawk...

]http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/screenshots/ps2/redfaction/redfaction_0215_screen086.jpg[/IMG]
MG]http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/screenshots/ps2/redfaction/redfaction_041601_screen003.jpg[/IMG]
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/screenshots/ps2/redfaction/redfaction_041601_screen010.jpg[/IMG]

I was just saying that it has destructible environments...how about u comment on the rest of my previous post smart ass?

jett

D-Member
dark10x said:

What are you talking about? THIS is what Doom_Bringer is all about.

btw

928383_20060508_screen008.jpg

928383_20060508_screen004.jpg

These shots look kinda nice.

jett said:
What are you talking about? THIS is what Doom_Bringer is all about.

btw

]http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/928383_20060508_screen008.jpg[/IMG]

G]http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/127/928383_20060508_screen004.jpg[/IMG]

These shots look kinda nice.

Replace nice with barren.

dark10x

Doom_Bringer said:
I was just saying that it has destructible environments...how about u comment on the rest of my previous post smart ass?
How about you realize what I was responding to originally, huh? You said 'The game has static geometry' and I said, no it doesn't. Then you go off about Red Faction?

You are COMPLETELY ignorant on the subject of visuals. I'd tell you to stop, but this is fairly entertaining. :D

Zaptruder

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

Doom Bringer said:
Red Faction had destructible environments too....Sorry but Warhawk just screams "I AM A UPGRADED PS2 PORT" to me.

You mean the, Red Faction has destructible environments, ergo Warhawk that also has destructible environments is an upgraded port of a PS2 game line of logic?

Yeah, if it wasn't so hilarious of a comment, you'd probably be banned on the grounds of sheer idiocy.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
this is great fun, im running low on popcorn though.

in other news...anybody get those famitsu scans? im dying to know if they have any new gundam screens in there.

duckroll

Bad_Boy said:
this is great fun, im running low on popcorn though.

in other news...anybody get those famitsu scans? im dying to know if they have any new gundam screens in there.

This is the wrong thread to talk about Gundam, but here, you can have some of my popcorn. I bought extra. :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Doom_Bringer always had that touch of insanity, its just now that its really bubbled over

Doom_Bringer: SPARKS, SPARKS, I NEED MOTHA****IN SPARKS!!!!!!!!11111111

dark10x said:
How about you realize what I was responding to originally, huh? You said 'The game has static geometry' and I said, no it doesn't. Then you go off about Red Faction?

You are COMPLETELY ignorant on the subject of visuals. I'd tell you to stop, but this is fairly entertaining. :D

Screw all of you seriously. I don't see what you guys see in Warhawk. It is not a huge leap over RS, Yager or Crimson Skies. It doesn't have any next gen fx like motion blur, depth of field, or any post processing effects. The physics suck, the geometry is mostly static with the exception of a few buildings and radio towers and even those are accompanied by PS2 like firecracker explosions. The on foot segment is also pathetic.

Incognito sucks at graphics. THE END

antiloop

I can't wait until videos and screens from the mainland in Warhawk. I am tired of seeing that little island and all the spectacular looking water.

This game (Warhawk) will rule co-op with friends. Remember that it will have 4 player split screen too and that all 4 can join a 32 player mp game.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
duckroll said:
This is the wrong thread to talk about Gundam, but here, you can have some of my popcorn. I bought extra. :D
:lol :lol

Doom_Bringer said:
Screw all of you seriously. I don't see what you guys see in Warhawk. It is not a huge leap over RS, Yager or Crimson Skies. It doesn't have any next gen fx like motion blur, depth of field, or any post processing effects. The physics suck, the geometry is mostly static with the exception of a few buildings and radio towers and even those are accompanied by PS2 like firecracker explosions. The on foot segment is also pathetic.

I think hes going to hurt himself or somthing. That "screw the world" mentality cant be good for the brain. Maybe we went too far. It's all my fault, i should of never mentioned warhawk.

Zaptruder

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

*boom*

Thar she blows!

Top Bottom