• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kinect Star Wars footage - Oh boy...

What gets me is that there are just so few Star Wars games full stop. It's not as if they've kept releasing loads of titles but just dialed the quality down, they release almost nothing and what they do release is shit (ToR excepted). It's a license to print money, I just don't get why they've dried up. Surely a real KOTOR3, Rogue Squadron 4 or Republic Commando 2 would sell?

Eh... I hear you, but Republic Commando? That game was an unremarkable 7 at best.

JWong

Banned
I think many people in that thread (including me)were really disappointed on how they changed the original style of Sorcery and turned it into a Harry potter shooter.

Not denying the opposite opinion, but some people dig it. It surely wasn't "almost everyone are haters".

cacildo

I think the worst thing about this game is that is just waggling without a wiimote.

I mean, remember The Force Unleashed on wii, right? You move your controller from left to right and the character will do a pre-determined left to right swing. Its the same thing here, but withtout a controller. And this was already lame in 2008.

When they first showed Kinect it was all about getting the player inside the game. And now star wars is waggling (without a controller) replacing buttons

I know, you wont be able to phisically jump an adult human being so you can hit him from the back. in this case, yeah, they should make a single motion replace a button press. But the rest? Fuck, it should be 1-on-1.

Alx

I know, you wont be able to phisically jump an adult human being so you can hit him from the back. in this case, yeah, they should make a single motion replace a button press. But the rest? Fuck, it should be 1-on-1.

Be careful what you're wishing for... a 1:1 SW game would be basically "Star Wars Kid : the game".
AL-starwarskid-x4-420x0.jpg

Not a pretty sight... you have to remember that it took a professional choreographer and trained actors to make the fights look good in the movies (and even the "looking good" part is debatable). If you give too much freedom to the player, you'll end up with a regular guy swaying a stick around.
You have to find a right balance between freedom and scripted motions to make a good game. And the balance will depend on your target crowd ; if you're aiming for depth and complexity, it would be easier to ditch freedom (fighting games are the most scripted : each move has a specific number of animation frames, require a precise input, combos are predefined etc)

highrider

Banned
couldn't watch it. if it was as bad as that rancor footage what a shame. seems like an opportunity to do something cool was wasted here.

Top Bottom