• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kinect Star Wars footage - Oh boy...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How many times is this thing gonna get taken down

Fuck?

Are they really not learning from all the dislikes, holy fuck

ruxtpin

Banned
What frustrates me is I can't get the R2-D2 360 and C-3PO controller without having to purchase this drivel as well.

cacildo

Can someone at least confirm that Kinect works?

I mean, can you play anything with it?

Everytime i see something about it, its not working

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
All the vehicle control bits look tiring, with the outstretched hands and all.

Those bits more like a punishment I get during my days in the army than a fun time.

Valnen

facepalmthkma.png

Vamphuntr

Those two hosts are really into it...

Man, the part where he was playing the podracing was embarassing to watch.

The Zumba fitness part was interesting though.

Jomjom

Banned
The saddest thing about this is that it will probably be the #1 game on NPD charts on whichever month it releases.

And to think MS wants people to spend $450 for the console bundle of this.

The producers of this video must be stuck in the late 90's. Extended Play was shooting their show in this style.

Alx

Meh, looks like typical NeoGaf overreaction.
The game doesn't look great, but fighting looks ok, sometimes even good (except for the "Dooku getting sliced for 5 seconds without moving" part), pod racing is the generic racing minigame, the only thing that really looked mediocre IMO is the space shooting part, but we didn't see much of it and to be honest, my 10 years old self would have been all over it.
And the video presentation is no better nor worse than any kids show.

Dead Man

The game doesn't look great, but fighting looks ok, sometimes even good (except for the "Dooku getting sliced for 5 seconds without moving" part), pod racing is the generic racing minigame, the only thing that really looked mediocre IMO is the space shooting part, but we didn't see much of it and to be honest, my 10 years all self would have been all over it.

Mediocrity defence force! Assemble!

demolitio

The game doesn't look great, but fighting looks ok, sometimes even good (except for the "Dooku getting sliced for 5 seconds without moving" part), pod racing is the generic racing minigame, the only thing that really looked mediocre IMO is the space shooting part, but we didn't see much of it and to be honest, my 10 years all self would have been all over it.

I think this place overreacts quite a bit and don't have a problem with it, but this is one of those cases where I don't think they're overreacting at all. The game looks like a tech demo with a theme and that's all it is. The combat in no way looked good or even average in that video or previous videos.

Yes, some younger kids might have fun with it but I think the reaction from here is exactly what I expected since a lot of people here want a good Star Wars game or even a good combat game for Kinect. Basically, they have a universe that everyone loves and the means to make a good game yet won't do it. Hell, how long have people been begging for a lightsaber game on the Wii? So the reaction here is typical when they keep missing opportunities and release shit instead that they can't even show real videos of without choreography.

Some people want a quality game and won't settle for this so why can't they react this way?

I didn't see anything wrong with it either. Looks like something kids will really enjoy and parents will buy because it has the Star Wars name, another winner for MS. You'd think Sony would have been the one putting out a lightsabre game for Move and this just shows how far MS are ahead of the curve.

Alx

I think this place overreacts quite a bit and don't have a problem with it, but this is one of those cases where I don't think they're overreacting at all. The game looks like a tech demo with a theme and that's all it is. The combat in no way looked good or even average in that video or previous videos.

Yes, some younger kids might have fun with it but I think the reaction from here is exactly what I expected since a lot of people here want a good Star Wars game or even a good combat game for Kinect. Basically, they have a universe that everyone loves and the means to make a good game yet won't do it. Hell, how long have people been begging for a lightsaber game on the Wii? So the reaction here is typical when they keep missing opportunities and release shit instead that they can't even show real videos of without choreography.

Some people want a quality game and won't settle for this so why can't they react this way?

Oh come on, there are tons of Star Wars games out there, and most of them are good (the old KOTOR and Republic Commando, more recently the Force Unleashed games and the latest MMO about which I only read praises).
I don't want to spend time defending a game I'm not even interested in, but you can't criticize a game for what it isn't. Imagine yourself when you were 10 and wanted to "play Star Wars" in your backyard, did you want to get into a deep background about political intrigues, jedi lore or planetary systems ? No, you wanted to deflect lasers with your saber, duel bad guys, use the force by waving your hands and go "pew pew" on space ships. Thats what this game is about, and that's exactly what it does.

Codeblue

I was annoyed that the video got taken down because I thought I would want to see this.

I was wrong. I didn't anticipate the hosts being so awful. For the first time, I've watched a video containing Kinect Star Wars footage and it wasn't the worst thing on my screen.

nullset2

I wanted to rewatch the video because I wanted to lol again, but it's down now... this is just brilliant.

I also wanted to see that blond girl again, she looked fucking cute

Top Bottom