• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kinect Star Wars footage - Oh boy...

Lyonaz

Nope. Kinect/Move/Wii sword-fighting will always suck because nothing happens IRL when swords touch.
There's a limited demo of virtual resistance, but it's going to be a very long time before it's doable full-body at a consumer price point.
That's a stupid thing to say that all swordfighting battles with waggle suck, because there is no resistance. There are games with 1 on 1 swordfighting that are well done and enjoyable. (Sports Champions' gladiator fights and Zelda Skyward Sword)
And resistance isn't even necessary with lightsabre fights, the lightsabre cuts through everything, so going through hordes of enemies should be as easy as swinging wildly like they do in the movies.

That's a stupid thing to say that all swordfighting battles with waggle suck, because there is no resistance. There are games with 1 on 1 swordfighting that are well done and enjoyable. (Sports Champions' gladiator fights and Zelda Skyward Sword)
And resistance isn't even necessary with lightsabre fights, the lightsabre cuts through everything, so going through hordes of enemies should be as easy as swinging wildly like they do in the movies.

Not against other light sabres though.

I do agree with you that using that as a reason for not being able to make a good sword fighting game is nonsense though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

They're awful. Sorry.

MIKEAL

Banned
This game looks really, really, REALLY bad. However, it also looks like its a game geared towards kids, which is fine, but CMON GIVE US A NEW BATTLEFRONT PLEEEAHEEHEEHEEASE!!! I would give anything for a new battlefront game, ANYTHING

Haunted

Video quoted in this post still works for me. Maybe Youtube Me! cached it or something.

I like that you can still tell that it's janky as fuck even without seeing the person executing the moves. Worse than early third party Wii games? Possibly.

Jtrizzy

I think I'll watch the mass effect preview with the sound off. Those two are just so cringe worthy. I wish they would make a fun Star Wars game that isn't an mmo. TOR is cool, but I just don't want to spend all of my time playing one game, which is what it feels like I have to do to make any sort of progress in that game.

Maybe next gen tech would allow them to do a game with multiple planets...each one wouldn't be to the level of detail and size of Skyrim, but smaller would be great.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Wow, bad, it well sell a ton to kids who think they are playing a game instead of having the software hold their hand and play for them.

Derrick01

Banned
It's not hacking and it's certainly not "rampant". Tone down the rhetoric.

It's amazing how so many tags on this forum just work so perfectly.

I think PS Move is worse, but hey that's just me.

I don't know how you can think that. For one you can actually control real games with it. Look you won't find someone who hates all motion controls more than me but controller > no controller, even if it is a dildo wand.

WARP10CK

Banned
tokinyoda4.gif

JWong

Banned
For whom is this intended for, toddlers?

I had 8 year olds try to play Kinect. They couldn't even get passed the main menu. It's just that intuitive, and this game is even moreso harder.

Can't see it catering to the younger audience.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Once again, people hating on something that clearly isn't intended for them.

How core is GAF? So core.

While GAF (who is GAF?) has been shown to have stupidity, I have seen it support competent games aimed at younger audiences (Skylanders and LEGO). This is just moneygrab.

I find the announcement of Dance Central 1 and Kinect Sports 1 going on "sale" as being equally offensive as the Star Wars footage. Don't act like you're being kind in lowering the price, you were assholes for having both versions at $50 in the first place.

Top Bottom