• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kinect Star Wars footage - Oh boy...

Blame poor sales, not the developers. (well, apart from KOTOR. FUCK YOU, BIOWARE. :x )

Did the last Jedi Knight break 1m? What about Rogue Squadron.

To be fair though gaming has grown a lot since those games. I think those games would sell very well if they were made nowadays.

Whenever I see a video this abysmally bad, I really wonder how anyone on the corporate ladder thought this would interest or entice anyone older than 4 or 5 years old. The way the hosts speak to the viewer, the way they're playing, it's insulting!

It's unfortunate the game looks so terrible. I'm a Star Wars nut, and I've played (and enjoyed) some bad Star Wars games, but this looks…shoddy. It just looks nowhere near finished or polished. It looks like a game that was put into production without a clear spec or without proper preproduction. "Here's some random minigame ideas, let's make a minimum viable product and sell some units!"

It's a shame we're getting this and not Battlefront 3 or even a solid action game like Shadows of the Empire or Jedi Academy.

I wish I still had the pod racer game for the N64. I do, at least, have the PS2 game developed by Rainbow Studios. It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't bad either. Now to find my copy...

JWong

Banned
Wow, did Microsoft comment on this? This is embarassing. Why do they even try this type of shit? I guess a real time demo will totally expose the lag between movements. HAH!
Do they really think the audience is that stupid?

Microsoft won't even acknowledge the rampant XBL account hacking.

Bgamer90

Banned
There's subjectivity and objectivity, subjectively they may want to play this game because of the license, but objectively the game is bad.

I don't think it's right to pander to every whim of your children, if they want to see a shit film, you tell them no, it's shit (in more words perhaps), and you take them to see something you think they'll enjoy and that is of some actual quality.

The kind of entertainment and media you expose your kids to at a young age will stay with them for a long time and will ultimately influence their lives in the future. It's good parenting to want your kids to be exposed to quality media rather than just whatever shit is marketed to them the most.

Also if them developing their own tastes means liking Justin Bieber and Twilight, I think I'd rather dictate my own tastes and be considered a "bad" parent.

lol come on.

So everything that you were into as a kid was "quality entertainment"?

At some point you just have to let kids be kids and have their fun. A good number may eventually grow out of something that's terrible and possibly have an opinion "How did I ever like this?" when looking back.

Anyways, the new video isn't working for me. I really want to see how bad this is.

To be fair though gaming has grown a lot since those games. I think those games would sell very well if they were made nowadays.

Jedi Knight might (the FU series sold well if I'm not mistaken, but not that well) but the others....not a chance in hell.

Battlefront won't be able to compete with the likes of CoD, BF3, KZ3, etc. Rogue Squadron might gain a small following as it did on the GC, but the flight genre isn't very popular based on how the AC games sell.

KOTOR was the real cash cow, damn shame they turned the series into an MMO.

The problem with SW games is that they fail to make the player feel like a badass, the saber is almost always nerfed into baseball bat and the enemies are ultimately dull and lack and real challenge.

Marco1

As has been stated above, all this game proves is that the board members who approve this horseshit are out of touch with the gaming industry and the value of my son's birthday money.

PKrockin

Also if them developing their own tastes means liking Justin Bieber and Twilight, I think I'd rather dictate my own tastes and be considered a "bad" parent.

This is probably asking for a crucifixion, but what's wrong with Justin Bieber? I've heard much worse. I don't understand the hate.

Also don't you mean you'd rather dictate your kids' tastes? :p

This is probably asking for a crucifixion, but what's wrong with Justin Bieber? I've heard much worse. I don't understand the hate.

Also don't you mean you'd rather dictate your kids' tastes? :p

He's not the worst, but he's bad and incredibly popular, that was my point.

PKrockin

He's not the worst, but he's bad and incredibly popular, that was my point.

Eh. As long as it's just bad and not a bad influence like Twilight, I'd rather not sacrifice my daughter's sociability at a young age by keeping her out of the loop with that sort of pop culture stuff.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Why does every Star Wars game have to have a mix of prequel/Clone Wars look?

With the graphics of today, why can't we have more of this, on a major upscale?

star-wars-rogue-squadron-ii-rogue-leader-20050726034023698.jpg

Lucas wants to downplay the original trilogy, big-time. Someone gave me a set of Star Wars playing cards where the characters were assigned cards in order of importance. Luke Fucking Skywalker is a 7... a 7, FFS. The 8 is a goddamned Clone Trooper. That's right, Luke rates lower than prequel cannon fodder. The ace of clubs has a shot of The Emperor from RTOJ and it's labelled Darth Sidious, lol.

I saw a big group shot of most of the characters from the series, and the main characters from the originals were tiny and tucked away in a corner.

I want to quit life after watching that video...

Quit. Life. Seriously, though, that was absolutely terrible.

I saw a big group shot of most of the characters from the series, and the main characters from the originals were tiny and tucked away in a corner.

Yeah... I noticed that on the Star Wars Blu-Ray box set. The last page of the case booklet has a character roster from the entire series and Luke, Leia and Han are all tucked in the top right corner, behind the book guide and the security tag... even Vader is behind the guide.

First character you notice is cry-baby angst filled teenager Anakin.

freddy

Banned
It's the same guy posting all the videos under different names or just privating them and changing permissions later. Probably they post on GAF or lurk.

Kuran

Banned
I wish I still had the pod racer game for the N64. I do, at least, have the PS2 game developed by Rainbow Studios. It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't bad either. Now to find my copy...

The Mac version I used to play was excellent. Amazing sense of speed.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Microsoft won't even acknowledge the rampant XBL account hacking.

Sure, they did. They basically told me, "Lol, you got phished. Y r u so dum?"
No, I didn't assholes. /rage

Emitan

Lucas wants to downplay the original trilogy, big-time. Someone gave me a set of Star Wars playing cards where the characters were assigned cards in order of importance. Luke Fucking Skywalker is a 7... a 7, FFS. The 8 is a goddamned Clone Trooper. That's right, Luke rates lower than prequel cannon fodder. The ace of clubs has a shot of The Emperor from RTOJ and it's labelled Darth Sidious, lol.

It's horrible because not only is Luke iconic and the main character of the movies that aren't complete shit, but he's literally the most powerful with the Force of anyone to exist. NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH LOL

TAJ

Yeah... I noticed that on the Star Wars Blu-Ray box set.

Oh, that's where it's from. I saw the collage online. I've only seen the actual set shrink-wrapped in stores. I'd probably buy it if I saw it for <$40. I have next to no interest in it, and I buy a lot of movies. I have roughly 650 on Blu-ray alone.

Rapstah

Lmao. Are they gonna keep removing this video?

I imagine it's one Microsoft office removing them and another uploading them.

"Tom, bro, this Inside Xbox video like dissapared from our account again, wanna reup it?"

"Shane, it's back up! Didn't you remove it! Get on it then!"

When I saw the start of the video I was like "oh they delayed it to make more Star Wars games" then the truth hit...

I didn't even know about half the modes in Kinect Star Wars...now I feel worse for knowing.

But the whole removing and re-uploading...seems to be working :(

Lyonaz

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Lucasarts could make an awesome Star Wars PSMove-game, but apparently that's not an option for them. Bastards.

TAJ

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Lucasarts could make an awesome Star Wars PSMove-game, but apparently that's not an option for them. Bastards.

Nope. Kinect/Move/Wii sword-fighting will always suck because nothing happens IRL when swords touch.
There's a limited demo of virtual resistance, but it's going to be a very long time before it's doable full-body at a consumer price point.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I made it all the way until
they started floating
near the end. I'm proud of myself for making it basically the entire way through. That was more awkward than every episode of The Office combined.

freddy

Banned
It's not hacking and it's certainly not "rampant". Tone down the rhetoric.

The more noise made about something like that the better. They might actually do something about it if enough rhetoric is thrown around. They are always in your face when they want to sell you something like the turd this thread is about.

Top Bottom