• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Madcatz Arcade Stick & GamePad for SFV

MRORANGE

Taken from Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

CNnTmr_W8AQGkRl.png

de91e184e5.jpg

HardRojo

I'm guessing this is the "cheap" version. Kind of what the SE was to the TE when SFIV came out? What a horrible stick.

Luigi87

That stick... reminds me of like a gen 3 or 4 peripheral...
Nice gamepad though.

...wonder how moddable taking its PCB out into a stick would be.

Neoxon

That stick... reminds me of like a gen 3 or 4 peripheral...
Nice gamepad though.

...wonder how moddable taking its PCB out into a stick would be.
Now that you mention it, the budget stick may be a blessing in disguise for modders.

Naite

I'd need a closer look at the d-pad but it looks like that gamepad has everything I want for fighting games while being able to use it for other games as well. I assume the extra set of shoulder buttons work on a toggle like the Hori Fighting Commanders.

Not feeling the arcade stick but depending on the price I might get one as a spare.

KTO

That red thing looks like a wireless receiver dongle. which, if that's the case, no thanks.

That's the underside of the stick, the same as the controller pic. I'm interested in the price on both of these. Although i've never been interested in a fightpad before, I think the wrist setup for this is kind of cool. The alpha might make an awesome 2p stick and I would definitely pick one up if the price is right.

Dislike the pad, how would hit all 3 P/K buttons at once? I don't use pads but thumb for Square/Triangle and a finger for R1 works easy for PPP, likewise X and O and R2 for KKK, though DS3/DS4 R2 sucks for fighters not being just a simple button like R1.

BiggNife

I will say that while I don't like the look of the stick, I'm glad a budget option exists for this gen because we've sorely needed one for a while now. The only other "budget" stick is the Venom and it's not officially sold in the US.

I'm assuming it'll have a retail price of $80 and have easily swappable parts like the SF4 Standard Edition stick did.

Also, yes, I know it's the bottom of the stick now, no need to keep posting that.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'll pick up a Fightpad for my girl. =D Going to keep an eagle eye out for that new Chunners TE2 Stick. =D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It look terrible.

I'm still waiting for Mad Catz to restock their PS4 Arcade FightStick. I would love to have Ultra Street Fighter 4 PS3/PS4 Fightstick. I wonder if they would have any plan to do that. I'm getting frustrated with Street Fighter V because I made a lot of dumb mistakes with d-pad.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
ESt0TV3.jpg

The Fightpad Pro is a traditional six-button controller that is similar to the old Street Fighter 4 line of fightpads with the addition of two analog sticks. The Fightstick Alpha is meant to be an entry level arcade stick that comes in a more compact design than the TE2 and has six buttons instead of eight.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...ick-alpha-mad-catz-unveils-upcoming-products/

The corners of the stick are ugly but I love smaller sticks. Exaprize 4 life.

And people acting like the TE2 and stuff aren't already ugly.

Kumubou

Dislike the pad, how would hit all 3 P/K buttons at once? I don't use pads but thumb for Square/Triangle and a finger for R1 works easy for PPP, likewise X and O and R2 for KKK, though DS3/DS4 R2 sucks for fighters not being just a simple button like R1.
I think it's intended to be used with a claw grip. Hold the controller with your left hand and put your index/middle/ring finger on square/triangle/R1.

Top Bottom