• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Madcatz Arcade Stick & GamePad for SFV

I think it's intended to be used with a claw grip. Hold the controller with your left hand and put your index/middle/ring finger on square/triangle/R1.

I couldn't imagine using a controller like that, you'd need rest the right half on a knee or something surely?

KTO

I'm assuming it'll have a retail price of $80 and have easily swappable parts like the SF4 Standard Edition stick did.

None of the construction on that stick says easy swap. No accessible screws by the looks of it and no faceplate, NTM the thing is seemingly all plastic. The housing itself doesn't even look deep enough for standard stick buttons unless they REALLY jammed them in there.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm interested in seeing more on the Fightpad. If the d-pad is saucer based, and as responsive as last gen's, I'm sold.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
*whispers quietly*

"Get the HRAP4 Kai"

I don't know because I really enjoy Mad Catz's products for long time. I don't really see myself stop buying Mad Catz unless they chose not to restock those fightstick I wanted then I probably would give up on waiting for Mad Catz.

ExVicis

I saw the thread and was excited, considerably less excited now that I've opened the thread. In fact more like disappointed. Is that seriously the design? They couldn't come up with anything better for that stick?

BiggNife

None of the construction on that stick says easy swap. No accessible screws by the looks of it and no faceplate, NTM the thing is seemingly all plastic. The housing itself doesn't even look deep enough for standard stick buttons unless they REALLY jammed them in there.

If that's the case then that's a massive bummer. The whole reason Mad Catz sticks became such a big deal during the SF4 era was because how easy it was to swap in parts compared to the original Horis that had soldered parts.

Duxxy3

Controller looks ambitious. Arcade stick looks like a terrible joke.

I guess it's time for madcatz to trash the good reputation that it built up with Markman.

BiggNife

MarkMan left MadCatz?

He is leaving early next year.

And it probably has to do more with Mad Catz being in dire financial straits and banking everything on Rock Band 4 to turn the company around. They're taking loans to produce the new instrument controllers.

Orayn

Pretty sure that picture shows a cable coming out of a port on the bottom side of the stick, not a wireless dongle.

Neoxon

I may get the pad along with the TE2 if the price is reasonable. I've been needing a 2nd controller & this may do the trick.

Spacebar

I wish they would have stuck with this design, but made the build quality better. Ohh well, I may pick one up and try it out.

6wWxgEi.jpg

HUELEN10

That looks amazing! I hope they make an Xbox One version of that controller as well.

Yes, I know the game is not hitting the One, no I am not port begging for the game, but it's not uncommon to see variants of the same controller for different systems. I love the angles on this pad.

Orayn

Uhhhh, my ps3 sf4 tournament edition stick will work for 5 right???

LabZero's PS3 stick driver is already being used in the PS4 port of SF4, and Capcom said they were looking into it for SFV. Reason enough to be hopeful.

Why would you buy a stick just for the PCB? There's no way it's cheaper than a controller
because a PCB with wires already coming off of it is far easier to slap into a different controller than legitimately padhacking a PCB. Not to mention cheaper if you dont already have all the modding tools necessary for a padhack (barring the actual difference in cost between the stick and a pad)

Hope there's an eventual TE stick variant like there was with SF4 when it first came out. That stick looks like shit, but I'll wait for impressions before passing any further judgement.

gelf

I could be really tempted by that pad if the d-pads still decent, can't tell from those images. Being able to use it for more then just fighting games as well since it has analog sticks would be a cool bonus too. Love having 6 face buttons.

On the other hand, I'll probably still end up wanting to go back to my old faithful Saturn controller.

So they put a right analog stick on the controllers this time. Either they're for other fighting games....or there's some hidden right analog stick feature in the game!

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
As long as the stick is half decent and works fine on pc I'm in. Anything that's not super expensive and doesn't kill my fingers like d-pad is ok in my book.

Fitts

Oof... was looking forward to a new pad but I dunno. I wish they stuck with the last gen design, but maybe it'll be better than it looks.

Top Bottom