• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Survive screenshots

on one hand... MGS V perfect control and satisfying response + zombies = could be pretty damn fun to *snap, crackle, pop* the undead

plus, the base design could be fun ... wish Mother Base had that.

but on the other hand, I can't shake this feeling reinforced by these new shots that its going to be a grindfest with shitty crafting stations and shitty worse-than-TPP-FOB crafting requirements :p

the base building didn't look so hot, aesthetically, either.. like a bunch of bunches oddly just being placed in a row, an assorted collection of things on tiles. some reason it made me think of early early base design like Dark Cloud ... a bunch of parts rather than a base that looks like a sum of parts -- no sort of aesthetic cohesion or natural fit of a broader base.

it's early tho so hopefully we get more doodads and decorative objects to add more aesthetic cohesion to our bases

Just saw a few previews since this thread reminded me this game exists, and... I really expected this game to be different. Looks like stealth is practically useless and things like side-ops are on a timer due to the base attack waves. So this is primarily a survival shooter first, stealth game second.

I also didn't expect the co-op mode to be relegated to "co-op" missions. I expected co-op to be pretty much a permanent thing where you could fully explore all content together.

I expected this to be a co-op MGSV stealth sandbox with zombies and instead it's pretty much just another zombie wave shooter. Greatly disappointed and totally uninterested in the game right now. Best of luck to Konami but I expect this to bomb spectacularly.
Well, did you watch the gameplay demo released months ago? I was always under the impression that this was mainly just a wave shooter.

Any link on that?

Yup, that's why its isn't common knowledge. Because you are spewing bs.

There is literally a link a few posts above yours. Sorry, I don't like to waste my time answering pointless questions.

KOMANI

KOMANI
MGSV is still probably the best playing/feeling game of the generation so I'm cautiously looking forward to this. A bit worried the base and loot systems might open the door to gross, anti-consumer horse shit from Konami...see FOBs.
I'm sorry, what's wrong with FOBs?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Well, did you watch the gameplay demo released months ago? I was always under the impression that this was mainly just a wave shooter.

There is literally a link a few posts above yours. Sorry, I don't like to waste my time answering pointless questions.

sorry to say this either, but that link actually doesn't says anything about that being a planned dlc. You must have misinterpreted "additional story content" as dlc, when they actually mean "epilogue content". You may bail out now.

How about you ask yourself how many other times in the series they released a story reel with unfinished assets like they did for Episode 51.

It’s obvious what happened.

MGS4 got plenty of hate, so did MGS2 back in the day.

Haters tend to be vocal, news at 11.

what does releasing it as bonus content has to do with anything? its not the only bonus material included. There are other bonus contents too like trailers and making-of videos. Did Kojima come forward and say its the true ending which got scrapped against his will?

Back to your suggestion of Konami making easy money by finishing mission 51 now and releasing it. What will Konami haters not accuse Konami of milking Kojima's legacy by doing that, and rejecting mission 51 since it is not entirely done by Kojima Pro?

Mooreberg

You would have thought a gambling company would have come up with something that people wanted to play that involved paid loot crates.

sorry to say this either, but that link actually doesn't says anything about that being a planned dlc. You must have misinterpreted "additional story content" as dlc, when they actually mean "epilogue content". You may bail out now.

Do they literally have to spell it out for you? Prominent Metal Gear youtuber YongYea talked to one on the reps. at Konami anonymously, and they even said that mission 51 was supposed to be post launch DLC.

Mission 51 supposedly being in the main game at launch makes zero sense. It's a completely different new area and has various ideas and elements that are completely different from the base game. The subplot that is wrapped up is inconsequential to MGSV and the rest of the series.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Do they literally have to spell it out for you? Prominent Metal Gear youtuber YongYea talked to one on the reps. at Konami anonymously, and they even said that mission 51 was supposed to be post launch DLC.

Mission 51 supposedly being in the main game at launch makes zero sense. It's a completely different new area and has various ideas and elements that are completely different from the base game. The subplot that is wrapped up is inconsequential to MGSV and the rest of the series.

I mean if the only source that its suppose to be a post game dlc is "a youtuber who heard from an unknown Konami staffer", its not a surprise why its not a common knowledge.

I know this game is a spinoff, but what is the story or the reason why there are zombies in the game now? I don't remember, magic dimension portal accident?

Is the game still set in the MGSV 80's or in the present day?

I'm so in but I can't help but wonder how is this related to Metal Gear...
Game looks good and it looks like it plays well, but yea I don't expect a good story from it (which is the main reason I love the MGS serie)

Pavaloo

Konami.

Gib to me PUBG in FOX ENGINE.

GIB

yup yup yup

the mechanics of MGS V and the rule set of PUBG together would be the perfect game

edit: y'all know ground zeroes was meant to be the intro mission to MGS V right? this better game business feels like splitting hairs at this point
especially when you consider the breath of approach in mgs v... it has levels that are far more intricate and rewarding than the one in gz

cautiously optimistic about this game.. I sank nearly 130 hours into MGS V, but don't know if survival would push me to revisit those mechanics when I can replay V

Top Bottom