• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MH3G Screenshots

wow, so now were at the "Monster Hunter was never good" phase of 'discussion'

what is it about MH threads that draw people who don't play MH to try and talk about MH? bad HUD? it's the same HUD as every other entry. which will of course lead to, 'hurf then it was bad since forever where's da enemy health???'

just play the game people.

watershed

Banned
durrrrrrrrrr said:
wow, so now were at the "Monster Hunter was never good" phase of 'discussion'

what is it about MH threads that draw people who don't play MH to try and talk about MH? bad HUD? it's the same HUD as every other entry. which will of course lead to, 'hurf then it was bad since forever where's da enemy health???'

just play the game people.
That poster admitted to not ever playing the series or even being remotely interested or knowledgeable about it. He just reflexively had to troll a 3ds thread.

Delio

Interesting how MH threads seem to always go into this direction of port begging now that it's on the 3DS. When will the other people from the "Is vita in trouble because of MH3DS" come in and explain again how gamers should want this on Vita and not 3DS.

watershed

Banned
Here's some newish info: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/07/welcome-to-tanjia-harbour-monster-hunter-3gs-multiplayer-hub/

While Monster Hunter 3G doesn’t appear to have online play, the game still features a separate hub for multiplayer activity, similar to Loc Lac City in Monster Hunter Tri. In 3G, Loc Lac has been replaced by Tanjia Harbour. You can accept G-Rank quests from the quest counter at the harbour, too.

To the right is a Felyne at Tanjia Harbour, TsurugiNyanmaru, who acts as the link between Moga Village and Tanjia Harbour. You can go back and forth between the two areas by talking to him, and also choose whether you want to play by yourself or with other players locally. There’s an option that allows you to play specifically with friends, too. You can do this by selecting the “Search for friends on the harbour” option.

Capcom say there are other features to the harbour, too, that haven’t been revealed yet. Moga Village and all of its features from Monster Hunter Tri are in the game as one would expect. Fishing, farming, turning in resources, and — most importantly — the cute girl at the guild counter are all present and accounted for. New quests will be available in the game’s single player mode as well.

Gravijah

Delio said:
Interesting how MH threads seem to always go into this direction of port begging now that it's on the 3DS. When will the other people from the "Is vita in trouble because of MH3DS" come in and explain again how gamers should want this on Vita and not 3DS.

i thought the port begging was banned since TGS?

hnDy9.jpg

Will buy, I know some kids at my college with a 3DS, so we can have gaming orgies and such.

Yes I know there is that hideous play toy analog stick

fernoca

MuddyDonut said:
http://i.imgur.com/hnDy9.jpg

Will buy, I know some kids at my college with a 3DS, so we can have gaming orgies and such.

No need for the add-on neither; "the claw" was eliminated in favor of the touchscreen-controls.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wow, artifacts everywhere in those screens. And the texture resolution def took a hit, but it's not that surprising for a port.

Gravijah

MuddyDonut said:
hnDy9.jpg

i've started trying to play mario kart wii similar to that. lol.

Nix

Banned
Nice, I've always loved me some Monster Hunter. Hope I can get along with more people this time, and get out of my lone hunter groove.

watershed

Banned
Truth101 said:
Definitely seems like online play, why they haven't announced it yet is beyond me.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm guessing its something smaller, not some big feature like online play. Though maybe Capcom is taking a page out of Nintendo's PR playbook and slowly building hype closer to the game's release date. If that was the case, I could see Capcom dropping the online bomb in a month or so.

Edit: But if I had to guess I'd say its some kind of streetpass sharing or something. Maybe sharing of items and weapons with people you pass.

artwalknoon said:
I'm not so sure about that. I'm guessing its something smaller, not some big feature like online play. Though maybe Capcom is taking a page out of Nintendo's PR playbook and slowly building hype closer to the game's release date. If that was the case, I could see Capcom dropping the online bomb in a month or so.

Edit: But if I had to guess I'd say its some kind of streetpass sharing or something. Maybe sharing of items and weapons with people you pass.

Rumour is that they're planning to announce online play in November, when the 3DS system update hits (which will allow developers to do paid DLC)

Makes a lot of sense. Monster Hunter online play in Japan has always required a subscription fee and saving the announcement till then allows them to finalise the payment structure before the official announcement and keep a steady stream of announcements going up until its release.

watershed

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Rumour is that they're planning to announce online play in November, when the 3DS system update hits (which will allow developers to do paid DLC)

Makes a lot of sense. Monster Hunter online play in Japan has always required a subscription fee and saving the announcement till then allows them to finalise the payment structure before the official announcement and keep a steady stream of announcements going up until its release.
Oh what? Do you have a link for this rumor? If this is true would put a helluva lot more importance on this 3ds firmware update that's supposed to be coming before the end of the year. That would be great news, not just for Monster Hunter but for the 3ds in general. Hopefully, if this is all true online play will remain free to play in NA.

Erethian

artwalknoon said:
Oh what? Do you have a link for this rumor? If this is true would put a helluva lot more importance on this 3ds firmware update that's supposed to be coming before the end of the year. That would be great news, not just for Monster Hunter but for the 3ds in general. Hopefully, if this is all true online play will remain free to play in NA.

The rumour isn't much more than speculation at this point.

Edit: The Monster Hunter part, that is, Iwata has already talked about how changes are being made to allow for DLC.

Andriasang had an article about it.

watershed

Banned
Erethian said:
The rumour isn't much more than speculation at this point.

Edit: The Monster Hunter part, that is, Iwata has already talked about how changes are being made to allow for DLC.

Andriasang had an article about it.
Yeah I know about the firmware update though its exact details are still iffy. So far I figure it will include the vague "improvements to the eshop" including a dlc section, an update to the friend's list that allows for the jump into a race with friends stuff seen in MK7, 3d video recording, and that's all at the moment.

But mostly I was referring to online play for MH3G, I've been following the game very closely but I haven't come across a rumor for online play.

ShinNL

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MH THREADS YOU TROLLS.

I'm really at my limit. I don't even care for other 3DS threads, but the Vita FANBOYS need to GTFO.

PS. When this game gets a western localization, I sure hope mods are going to start doing something about the inevitable port begging. These threads are just preview stuff, but I really do not want to see this BS in OTs.

it amazes me the people in this thread that have never played a monster hunter game before bashing it. The game is awesome.. I've only played MH tri for wii but it was one of the best experiences i had on the console.

MH is a cross between zelda style hack and slash, with diablo style item dropsk.. some crafting and collection MMOrpg style.. tough monster battles that require team work.. the game has it all really it's no surprize it's one of the best selling games in japan

Chet Rippo said:
I'm a crab
(V)!_!(V)
Koki Koki Koki

<I'm guessing the new features mentioned will be something like...some sort of vs. feature, using StreetPass. Like, say, armoring up a ChaCha, and then for each tag you get, you'll face off against a simulated fight against some random monster, with more tags determining what level it is. From these encounters, you'd get some resource, and level up your ChaCha.>

Yagharek

Chet Rippo said:
I'm a crab
(V)!_!(V)

That's awesome!

I'm looking forward to this game. Only played a little of Tri, and felt guilty killing stegosaurs.
:'(

Still looking forward to giving the game a proper go.

Kuran

Banned
That new tidbit, along with knowing I'm sure Nintendo is helping Capcom as they did with Super Street Fighter IV 3DS.. made me hope for online play again. At least outside of Japan.

That would be incredible if so..

Soneet said:
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MH THREADS YOU TROLLS.

I'm really at my limit. I don't even care for other 3DS threads, but the Vita FANBOYS need to GTFO.

PS. When this game gets a western localization, I sure hope mods are going to start doing something about the inevitable port begging. These threads are just preview stuff, but I really do not want to see this BS in OTs.

Ergh. I think you are overreacting. Of course there is going to be a backlash due to this drastic main platform switch by Capcom, this series has existed for a long time. I'm a Monster Hunter fan first, and a VITA (if it lives up to my expectations) fan second. This is a discussion board and people should be allowed to express how they feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of all PSP Monhun addicts on this board would have preferred to see this series go to VITA for a variety of reasons.

Kuran said:
Ergh. I think you are overreacting. Of course there is going to be a backlash due to this drastic main platform switch by Capcom, this series has existed for a long time. I'm a Monster Hunter fan first, and a VITA (if it lives up to my expectations) fan second. This is a discussion board and people should be allowed to express how they feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of all PSP Monhun addicts on this board would have preferred to see this series go to VITA for a variety of reasons.
But how long is going to be acceptable to continue bitching about it? This game wasn't announced yesterday.

Alextended said:
You can move the whole HUD to the bottom screen afaik, which is fully customisable with different functions you'll want/not want depending on if you have the add-on or not. But you wouldn't want to have to look away from the action just to see your health and such really, maybe after you're more experienced.Uh, fans have been clamoring for a 3G ages now and it's finally happened... What are you talking about?

I'm sure the fans are ready for an upgrade.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jaded Alyx said:
But how long is going to be acceptable to continue bitching about it? This game wasn't announced yesterday.
This I what I don't get neither - it's been weeks now that famitsu leaked the announcement. And still GAF pretends like a vita version will be released at the end of December.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
qq more said:
Seriously, I'm shocked no one is banned from port-begging yet. Holy shit.
I'm never going to enter another Monster Hunter thread in Gaming again.

It's not like anyone outside the Community thread has ever played the game anyway.

ShinNL

zoukka said:
Cool, I guess there's no connection though with the Wii version?
Extremely unlikely, you will very likely start over. This isn't that much of a problem, since it basically guarantees more game time, but what most Westerners are worried about is the online mode. Right now all signs show the lack thereof, thus meaning it would be an actual downgrade from the Wii version. Hopefully when they bring this to the Western market they'll give us a special treatment and add online (like how the Wii version gave us free online instead of paid online), but even with that I'm not so sure. Depending whether it's online or local only, the experience will be drastically different (not to mention the success of the game).

zoukka said:
Cool, I guess there's no connection though with the Wii version?

No word on this yet, but considering that the bowgun customisation in Tri has been dropped in favour of a different bowgun system for Tri G, I wouldn't expect any save file transfer mechanism.

qq more said:
Seriously, I'm shocked no one is banned from port-begging yet. Holy shit.

Port begging in Nintendo related threads seems to be tolerated by the moderators on these boards.

gkryhewy said:
Those shots look pretty shite compared to the first batch. They look highly compressed though.

They're also some pretty bad choices of screenshots (in terms of judging visuals). Moga Village isn't designed to be viewed closeup (that's why it uses a fixed camera angle when you're not talking to someone) and the other shots they've picked are sparse (even if they do look the same as in the Wii version)

Of course everyone quickly forgets that we already have a trailer and several gameplay videos that show that the game looks at least as good as the original Wii version...

gkryhewy

Nuclear Muffin said:
They're also some pretty bad choices of screenshots. Moga Village isn't designed to be viewed closeup (that's why it uses a fixed camera angle when you're not talking to someone) and the other shots they've picked are sparse (even if they do look the same as in the Wii version)

Of course everyone quickly forgets that we already have a trailer and several gameplay videos that show that the game looks at least as good as the original Wii version...
Yes, there are some great looking videos as well.

Top Bottom