• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MH3G Screenshots

This thread...son I am disappoint.

tumblr_lhwqn5zk6s1qac3ixo1_250.gif

qq more

Leona Lewis said:
This thread...son I am disappoint.

tumblr_lhwqn5zk6s1qac3ixo1_250.gif
No way man. X26 is really spot on.

P.S. Sorry for saying "no way". That was kind of harsh from me, I really need to stop flipping out and follow his advice.

ShinNL

qq more said:
No way man. X26 is really spot on.

P.S. Sorry for saying "no way". That was kind of harsh from me, I really need to stop flipping out and follow his advice.
"No way"? Did you just tell him to "GO SLIP ON A WET CONCRETE FLOOR AND FALL ON YOUR HEAD YOU IGNORANT GIF POSTER!!"? That's what I read. How dare you insult him like that, don't overreact man.

qq more

Soneet said:
"No way"? Did you just tell him to GO SLIP ON A WET CONCRETE FLOOR AND FALL ON YOUR HEAD YOU IGNORANT GIF POSTER? That's what I read. How dare you insult him like that, don't overreact man.
I-I-I didn't mean it! I should of have listened to X26 and not flip out! I'm truly sorry!

...Ah shit. I didn't mean to say "didn't mean it"! That was too rude. Oh shit, I did it again, sorry.

X26 WHAT SHOULD I DO???

ShinNL

qq more said:
I-I-I didn't mean it! I should of have listened to X26 and not flip out! I'm truly sorry!

...Ah shit. I didn't mean to say "didn't mean it"! That was too rude. Oh shit, I did it again, sorry.

X26 WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Don't worry, he'll give you advice on how to get a good neutral avatar, so you can be all awesome again. Good matuuure avatars fix all problems.

X26

Banned
qq more said:
X26 WHAT SHOULD I DO???

You should probably keep making lame and incredibly awkward posts, it totally diminishes the underdeveloped manchild stigma attached to nintendo fanatics

qq more

X26 said:
You should probably keep making lame and incredibly awkward posts, it totally diminishes the underdeveloped manchild stigma attached to nintendo fanatics
What are you talking about? I'm just following your advices, man. :(

Don't be a bro hater, yo.

Apenheul

Can we return to discussing the screenshots again now? Maybe they look good or maybe they don't, but please leave the choice of hardware and system's users out of the discussion.

Personally, I don't know whether I like the visuals or not. I appreciate the lighting on the monsters but I wonder why some of the textures look so low-res, MH:Tri had higher resolution textures from my memory. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in 3D though.

qq more

Apenheul said:
Personally, I don't know whether I like the visuals or not. I appreciate the lighting on the monsters but I wonder why some of the textures look so low-res, MH:Tri had higher resolution textures from my memory. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in 3D though.
Yeah, the low-res textures is bothering me a lot. Hopefully it'll look a lot better in-game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Jaded Alyx said:
Some idiots felt compelled to shit up this thread with their stupid conduckt. No big deal.

Eh, now I see it.
Aaaah, maybe it's better if I return seeing Springfield Files.
Really, David Duckhovny here was awesome!

ShinNL

Apenheul said:
Can we return to discussing the screenshots again now? Maybe they look good or maybe they don't, but please leave the choice of hardware and system's users out of the discussion.

You are correct. But the screens where the blurry textures are noticeable are very minor parts of the game that doesn't happen often. The important parts of the game doesn't have this kind of zoom-in, so the lower resolution textures should still be sufficient. I think the 3D will add a lot and hopefully I can play the game at default camera level and not the slightly higher tilted view that I normally use since I can judge distance better that way. If you've ever made a MH video, you'll notice that the most epic shots are the ones you make with the camera tilted closer to the ground: but it's almost unplayable since you can't judge the distance. With 3D this problem should be reduced and thus providing a more epic view. Can't wait to see a fireball hit me.

In the gallery you'll also notice that you'll be focusing on the complicated menus when talking to an NPC.

Kuran

Banned
Spin spin spin, soneet that's a lot of text to tell us the game doesn't really look that bad if we could only look away or squint.

I think a new snes/mega drive era is upon us.

ShinNL

This thread can be split into 2 groups: people interested in buying MH3G for the 3DS, and people who are not. To the latter: why are you here? Just a humane question and I hope you can find the answer for yourself (I don't specifically need your reply).

Kuran

Banned
Soneet said:
This thread can be split into 2 groups: people interested in buying MH3G for the 3DS, and people who are not. To the latter: why are you here? Just a humane question and I hope you can find the answer for yourself (I don't specifically need your reply).
You are either against or with "us"?

I see.

Soneet said:

Can the people that are interested in buying the game not comment that the screenshots are poor?

I'm playing devil's advocate. I'm not really interested in playing Monster Hunter on 3DS (or Vita), but I suppose I am curious about the subsequent hardware implications.

Either way, the screenshots are poor whether you're interested in the game or not. That's not necessarily a reflection of the final quality of the game nor the hardware it's running on -- they are just poor shots.

And why am I here? To watch the shit-storm!

popcorn.gif.

Peru

get2sammyb said:
I'm playing devil's advocate. I'm not really interested in playing Monster Hunter on 3DS (or Vita), but I suppose I am curious about the subsequent hardware implications.

Direct Wii/3DS ports are easily done with only slight differences, some improvements and some downgrades. That's about it.

Haven't we seen videos of this game already? We know it looks like Tri with some upgrades and downgrades. These pics are not representative of the overall look are they?

BurntPork

Banned
X26 said:
God nintendo fanboys are the absolute worst
You need to spend a day with Apple fanboys.

And before people attack me, I mean the real ones that act like Apple is the only company capable of creating a competent product.

The Vita port beggers that come into every thread about an anticipated third-party 3DS game aren't great either, though I'm guessing that you agree with them.

BurntPork said:

And before people attack me, I mean the real ones that act like Apple is the only company capable of creating a compelling product.

The Vita port beggers that come into every thread about an anticipated third-party 3DS game aren't great either, though I'm guessing that you agree with them.
Fixed.

BurntPork said:

And before people attack me, I mean the real ones that act like Apple is the only company capable of creating a competent product.

There's an apple fanboy who is about to join the world of the nonliving if I have to continue hearing how any device preceeded by an "i" is a gift from heaven sent down as mana to sustain us.

BurntPork said:
Wait, I'm agreeing with BurntPork twice on one page?

jercruz

isnt port begging bannable or is it on a thread basis?

anyway i do agree the screenshots are meh and just show the daily grind within the game. i would've mistaken this for a Tri screenshot though the colors seems richer. come on capcom show us deviljho and alatreon!

Boney

Banned
tapedeck
Banned

outunderthestars
Banned

Kuran
Banned

X26
Banned

only one hit and run poster seems to be missing though

What are the chances of this seeing a US release? I have MH3 on the Wii but I find it hard to find time to play it. Most of my gaming is done on handhelds nowadays.

Luigiv

bobbychalkers said:
What are the chances of this seeing a US release? I have MH3 on the Wii but I find it hard to find time to play it. Most of my gaming is done on handhelds nowadays.
Relatively high though not 100% guaranteed. A localisation announcement isn't likely until after the game releases in Japan, so it's the waiting game for now.

sfried

Boney said:
tapedeck
Banned

outunderthestars
Banned

Kuran
Banned

X26
Banned
I guess 4 hunters got overrun by Deviljho.

What are the StreetPass stuff in this game? Items? Quests?
Deviljho?

sfried said:

Deviljho?

Who knows. Probably something that has nothing to do with armor, weapons, or the mats to make them. Maybe furnishings?

bobbychalkers said:

On one hand, it sounds like easy money considering most of the game must be translated already since it's mostly just Tri. And on the other hand, this is the same company that canceled MML3 and is not bringing over Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

watershed

Banned
So what does it say when you get banned? I was banned once for questioning why a certain thread even existed and when I tried to log in I got a message explaining why I was banned. So what's the message for trolling or whatever those posters were doing? I'm just curious.

On topic, I imagine streetpassing is gonna be kind of odd for this title given how monster hunter is based around local multiplayer. So everytime you get together with your group you're gonna exchange that data again and again. If its stuff like player info, quests completed, etc I imagine it will be redundant.

sfried said:

Deviljho?
While a lot of core concepts would have to be modified to make it work, a passive online multiplayer system ala Demon's Souls would be awesome. Like the opening cinematic for MHP3. Set out on a gathering quest, only to find another hunter getting his shit kicked in by a Barioth. Impromptu teamup ensues~

M3d10n

Apenheul said:
Probably because the Wii version has over 3GBs of data while the 3DS version is using a 2GB cartridge. Reducing texture sizes is the easiest way to lower the filesizes. Also, since the 3DS runs at a lower resolution the textures would still look lower res (due to mipmapping) for most part (except in extreme close ups).

Luigiv

M3d10n said:
Probably because the Wii version has over 3GBs of data while the 3DS version is using a 2GB cartridge. Reducing texture sizes is the easiest way to lower the filesizes. Also, since the 3DS runs at a lower resolution the textures would still look lower res (due to mipmapping) for most part (except in extreme close ups).
That's not necessarily true. Could easily be using a 4GB cart like MGS3D but we have no idea for now. I have a feeling 3DS textures are fillrate limited.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Luigiv said:
That's not necessarily true. Could easily be using a 4GB cart like MGS3D but we have no idea for now. I have a feeling 3DS textures are fillrate limited.
Do we have a list somewhere of 3DS' cart sizes by title?

Luigiv

blu said:
Do we have a list somewhere of 3DS' cart sizes by title?
I doubt it. We only really know what devs tell us for now, unless if pirates have already begun to rip and distribute roms (which I'm not really going to bother check).

ShinNL

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
While a lot of core concepts would have to be modified to make it work, a passive online multiplayer system ala Demon's Souls would be awesome. Like the opening cinematic for MHP3. Set out on a gathering quest, only to find another hunter getting his shit kicked in by a Barioth. Impromptu teamup ensues~
But then you have to deal with grievers waking up a monster that you were trying to sleep-bomb. I agree it can be fun, but there should also be a very easy option to turn it off (like, per quest) as some quests really do need coordination and planning :p

jercruz said:
isnt port begging bannable or is it on a thread basis?

anyway i do agree the screenshots are meh and just show the daily grind within the game. i would've mistaken this for a Tri screenshot though the colors seems richer. come on capcom show us deviljho and alatreon!
You mean you want to see how they look? Because I'm pretty sure they're in because this is a Tri expansion. I'm not really expecting them to be much different, maybe gaining some of the Portable 3 move upgrades. I'm personally hoping to see more of the new monsters, both Portable 3 transferred ones and hopefully some newly designed ones besides the boxing gloves monster :|

Boney said:
Banned list
A little bit late, but thread saved, nonetheless. Thank the mods!

Luigiv said:
I doubt it. We only really know what devs tell us for now, unless if pirates have already begun to rip and distribute roms (which I'm not really going to bother check).
Several launch games have been dumped, they're surprisingly small for the most part.

Super Monkey Ball 3D = 256MB
The Sims 3 = 256MB
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars = 256MB
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars = 512MB
Ridge Racer 3D = 1GB

Top Bottom