• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MH3G Screenshots

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow this seems to be a must-buy. I think it looks fine, to me it's all about the gameplay anyway.

Other than the compression and poor pic selection just looks like the MH3G we've seen already. Not sure why non-descript pics are important even if new when plenty of video exists, but oh well.

qq more said:
Yeah, they are. What were they thinking with the port begging in this thread?

Oh wait...
Simple, keep that trash on the Vita. You can't even tell the difference between a rock and the one enemy that can be on screen at a time in this totally uncompelling game. No use sullying the good name of Nintendo with this franchise. I'm honestly looking forward to Petz 3D after seeing that disgusting HUD.

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Other than the compression and poor pic selection just looks like the MH3G we've seen already. Not sure why non-descript pics are important even if new when plenty of video exists, but oh well.

Simple, keep that trash on the Vita. You can't even tell the difference between a rock and the one enemy that can be on screen at a time in this totally uncompelling game. No use sullying the good name of Nintendo with this franchise. I'm honestly looking forward to Petz 3D after seeing that disgusting HUD.
HUD can be totally moved to the bottom screen, just saying.

And at least in 3D mode, I guess you'd be able to tell a rock from a person, hihi

I'm looking forward to this game. Only played a little of Tri, and felt guilty killing stegosaurs.
:'(
Me too :( I feel guilty killing any one of them, it just reminds me of the OT title "Animal Cruelty Made Fun"... Animal... Animal Cruelty... Cruelty... Cruelty Made Fun :(

Though, I know it is bullshit after all the meat that I have eaten, in real life

Jaded Alyx said:
I do believe he was joking.
Ding ding ding.

walking fiend said:
HUD can be totally moved to the bottom screen, just saying.

And at least in 3D mode, I guess you'd be able to tell a rock from a person, hihi
I'm more than a little scared that someone would believe that I, or anyone (on neogaf anyways), was looking forward to Petz 3D.

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Ding ding ding.

I'm more than a little scared that someone would believe that I, or anyone (on neogaf anyways), was looking forward to Petz 3D.
I am a bit scared of myself as well now! (though ding ding ding actually made me laugh, a lot! :)) )

qq more

Yeah, not a fan of the bloom. And the textures are awful in a few snapshots, but I can't tell because of the JPEG compression. Either way, I'm in if they add online for at least the western territories. Loved the original game on the Wii.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am sure it would look better on the 3Ds, but the screens just looks completely smeared out on my monitor.

Insaniac

Truth101 said:
I haven't heard that you can do that, link please.

yeah at TGS? i believe they demoed the customizable HUD/touchscreen. basically you can completely move the HUD to the lower screen if i remember correctly.

Erethian

Insaniac said:
yeah at TGS? i believe they demoed the customizable HUD/touchscreen. basically you can completely move the HUD to the lower screen if i remember correctly.

Capcom put a video up of their TGS stage demo showing the touchscreen customisation.

Can see it here.

Why derail an entire thread because of one person's comment about a vita port? Can just ignore it.

Never played MH but I'm kind of curious after hearing how successful it is in Japan.

watershed

Banned
Erethian said:
Capcom put a video up of their TGS stage demo showing the touchscreen customisation.

Can see it here.
That HUDless part was really nice looking though its probably not ideal for actually playing the game. Watching some videos of 3ds games feels like watching future wii u games in action. I imagine the 2nd screen is going to be used in very similar fashions.

Tenbatsu said:
You guys keep all this compelling comments here and please, not in my thread, thank you.

This wont happen tbh (unless you get a bishop style lockdown).

Gravijah said:
there are still a few vita/3ds threads that don't turn into stupid, that's where i hang my hat.

and where are those?

fernoca

Infinite Justice said:
This wont happen tbh (unless you get a bishop style lockdown).
Yeah, bishop's great.
Made me remember that when I was going to post the Mortal Kombat OT, I was worried that by the time I posted it completely (15 minutes), someone would reply in between posts.

So bishop came and said that no need to worry, anyone that replied before I was finished would be banned. XD

So I posted a picture of that post in the main post, while I was posting...and noone posted anything. XD

Thanks again bish! XD

Gravijah

Infinite Justice said:
and where are those?

well, usually most 3ds game related threads not named monhun aren't too bad. the vita games thread is also alright, not too much silly fanboy fighting.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
opticalmace said:
Why derail an entire thread because of one person's comment about a vita port? Can just ignore it.
I'm read the thread backwards and thought the same thing. I expected something 10x worse from the reactions.

Drama queens.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
lunchwithyuzo said:
It's getting one: 3D.
And it already got one with Tri, which this is built upon... No PS2 asset got in, the geometry level of the environments was upgraded, as was the quality of the animations, lighting, and effects like bloom, the water effects, etc. People with no knowledge of the series just found an opening to troll due to a handful of less than flattering screens. There was little of that in the previous threads because the game looks fine as the plentiful footage demonstrated. It's not like these screenshots change any of what we saw before but they're an easy target with this being the latest thread for the game (which was unecessary imo since the other thread was an updates thread and these don't show much). Tri was accepted as the great looking Wii game it is. With the first G footage people could barely recognise the downgrades evident in some of these close ups. For all intents and purposes it's roughly equal to the Wii game, since there are evident upgrades alongside the often barely noticable in gameplay (as with the first footage people weren't even sure what was downgraded and tried to get comparison shots and things just to spot the areas it lacks in) lesser textures.

ShinNL

Kuran said:
Ergh. I think you are overreacting. Of course there is going to be a backlash due to this drastic main platform switch by Capcom, this series has existed for a long time. I'm a Monster Hunter fan first, and a VITA (if it lives up to my expectations) fan second. This is a discussion board and people should be allowed to express how they feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of all PSP Monhun addicts on this board would have preferred to see this series go to VITA for a variety of reasons.
No offense, but seeing your posts in the Vita's success thread, I really don't think you have the right to make that biased statement.

X26

Banned
qq more said:
Yeah, they are. What were they thinking with the port begging in this thread?

Oh wait...

Poster1: Aw shucks, I really wish this was coming out on Vita :(
Poster2: YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKING PORT BEGGAR I'M GOING TO FIND YOU AND RIP YOUR SPLEEN OUT GOD DAMN MODS BAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT AHHHHHH

the reactions are pretty insane, you guys need to calm down

ShinNL

X26 said:
Poster2: YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKING PORT BEGGAR I'M GOING TO FIND YOU AND RIP YOUR SPLEEN OUT GOD DAMN MODS BAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT AHHHHHH

Except it went like this:

tapedeck said:
Just put this fucking game on Vita already.
cw_sasuke said:
So much port-begging...hah

Nice try, mr. neutral. Don't you have something else to do than hop into every 3DS topic where you have no business anyway? This agenda running is getting out of hand.

X26

Banned
Soneet said:
Except it went like this:

Nice try, mr. neutral. Don't you have something else to do than hop into every 3DS topic where you have no business anyway? This agenda running is getting out of hand.

Every 3DS thread? Agenda? rofl, you're nuts (then again with that avatar...)

qq more

X26 said:

God, you're right. What was I thinking flipping out like that?

X26 said:
Every 3DS thread? Agenda? rofl, you're nuts (then again with that avatar...)
Yeah, Soneet. Your avatar clearly shows how bias you are! I mean, that avatar looks exactly like something from a Nintendo game, I can tell because Nintendo is the only one making cartoon graphics these days!

Top Bottom