• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mirror's Edge Screens and animated trailer

Xyphie

Blu_LED said:
No wonder. Why is this UE3? Why didn't they make some mods to the Frostbite engine instead of the UE3 engine?

The game uses Epic's Unreal Engine 3 rather than DICE's own Frostbite Engine because the development of Mirror's Edge began before Frostbite's development was complete. Beast, a new lighting system developed by Illuminate Labs in association with DICE, was added to the Unreal Engine in order to accentuate the different art style of Mirror's Edge and allow for the reflection of colours as well as light.

From Wiki

NoirYuki said:
That was stale.

Smooth move, ex-lax!

The game uses Epic's Unreal Engine 3 rather than DICE's own Frostbite Engine because the development of Mirror's Edge began before Frostbite's development was complete. Beast, a new lighting system developed by Illuminate Labs in association with DICE, was added to the Unreal Engine in order to accentuate the different art style of Mirror's Edge and allow for the reflection of colours as well as light.

That's actually good news. It's an engine that we know isn't buggy....and who needs destructible environments in parkour?

Darkpen

Banned
trailer was eh, but those screenshots are glorious D: The lighting engine is glorious! I just hope they aren't bullshots.

and lol at the "it looks too clean" detractors :lol

Darkpen said:
trailer was eh, but those screenshots are glorious D: The lighting engine is glorious! I just hope they aren't bullshots.

and lol at the "it looks too clean" detractors :lol

DICE has been touting that all footage since the teaser trailer has been in real-time.

El-Suave

Blu_LED said:
This games lead platform is obviously 360 right?

They had an extensive excellent exclusive preview in the German magazine "Maniac" this month. All the footage was from the PS3 version. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the lead platform but they're obviously comfortable showing it off which is a very good sign.

btkadams

so what do we know about this game? what kind of gameplay, story [ other than courier seeking revenge after her sis is framed for a crime ]? looks good though

El-Suave

From the Maniac preview:
This is artwork of Faith's main adversary in the game - a cop named Miller:
edited out - sorry
Roof Level concept:
edited out - sorry

dude

dude
That concept actually makes it much easier to understand how the game is going to be played...

Damn, I really can't wait for this game.

Aaron

El-Suave said:
I thought just Famitsu scans were a no-no, others, too? Is photographing the stuff OK? I saw that done with Nintendo power... Don't want to get banned over this.
No scans are okay, even as a 'photo.' Better take it down quick.

Ploid 3.0

El-Suave said:
I thought just Famitsu scans were a no-no, others, too? Is photographing the stuff OK? I saw that done with Nintendo power... Don't want to get banned over this.

Scans, photos, silly puddy prints = X

Sketches, drawings, sculptures of the content inside (art done by you using the magazine as a reference, not scanning the actual art/screenshots from the magazine) = OK

El-Suave

Thanks for the info, guys - I did a search before posting them and saw recent photos of Nintendo Power in a few threads - so I thought I was covered. :-(

more screens\

6338620080709_234843_0_big.jpg

6338620080709_234846_6_big.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
BenjaminBirdie said:
Art design is just....wow. That last shot is like if you crashed your ship off a Wipeout track, that's where you'd fucking land.
This post made me smile. :)

This is one of those defining games this generation.

Top Bottom