• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden (sigma) screenshots (Nice!)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
0073.jpg

0072.jpg

0069.jpg

0075.jpg

GAF approve?

Ravager61 said:
I see a couple of blur effects, a cg cutscene and picture of the sky. Not too impressive if you ask me.

Having super sharp zoomed in character models with soft/blurred backgrounds is a graphical approach that simulates an impressive look (see: blue dragon) Although, I do believe they are pushing it a little too much imo.

dili

Wario64 said:
0069.jpg

Wow PS3 can do CG (that is a CG cutscene, right?)
Seeing as how Team Ninja has confirmed to be using all in-engine cut scenes for Sigma,I'd have to say no.

Amazing isn't it

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dillenger said:
Seeing as how Team Ninja has confirmed to be using all in-engine cut scenes for Sigma,I'd have to say no.

Amazing isn't it

Amazing indeed (didn't know about real time cutscenes)

0057.jpg

0070.jpg

0071.jpg

0068.jpg

mckmas8808

jonezer4 said:
I'm more impressed by the fact that you figured out how to type a sigma sign than the pics.

Why do you say that? :lol

You calling me stupid? :/

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
WTF I am not buying this game three times (but holy shit those screens make me want to).

If you've never touched Ninja Gaiden buy this version the day of release. Expect lots of crying and broken controllers.

Smokey

:lol I'm laughing because of the awesomeness of these screens. When does this release? I haven't touched my PS3 in over a month and need something to play.

EDIT: Very nice! It will be hard for Itagaki's NG2 to top this.

Somehow I doubt it.

OK so its pretty.

But I'm still confused as to why people are so excited for this. You're getting the new weapons, the upgraded graphics. What else are you getting to warrant the price of admission.

Pud

Banned
Everyone forget so quickly that Team Ninja was releasing bullshots for the original XBox game? Man, GAF is funny sometimes.

Speevy

Banned
Ishtaros FTW.

Man, if/when I get a PS3, I'll have to beat this game for a fifth time. Team Ninja just made it too pretty.

Bebpo

Banned
sevenchaos said:
OK so its pretty.

But I'm still confused as to why people are so excited for this. You're getting the new weapons, the upgraded graphics. What else are you getting to warrant the price of admission.

Some people buy remakes of games (Ie. see FF1+2) because of little things like updated graphics and a few new gameplay additions :p

If you loved the game in the past, replaying it with all new visuals and new gameplay is a fun thing. Personally I loooooved NG and then bought Black, but I never got around to playing Black beyond a level or two. So now that this is announced I'll pick it up for a third time and get all the stuff that was in black that I never got around to seeing + all the new stuff, all in even better graphics :) Definitely looking forward to it.

mckmas8808

sevenchaos said:
OK so its pretty.

I never owned a Xbox system.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The blur in the two top pictures looks totally faked :lol

Overall though, fake blur aside, if these are really in engine cutscenes (not CG) than I'm very impressed

Bebpo said:
Some people buy remakes of games (Ie. see FF1+2) because of little things like updated graphics and a few new gameplay additions :p

If you loved the game in the past, replaying it with all new visuals and new gameplay is a fun thing. Personally I loooooved NG and then bought Black, but I never got around to playing Black beyond a level or two. So now that this is announced I'll pick it up for a third time and get all the stuff that was in black that I never got around to seeing + all the new stuff, all in even better graphics :) Definitely looking forward to it.
I understand where you're coming from. I really enjoyed NG. I guess not as much as other people did. I think what surprised me were all the people that said this was the reason to buy a PS3.

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
I never owned a Xbox system.

Well, to be fair, both versions are playable on the Xbox 360. So a lot of people on this board (even those who missed the Xbox) have played it.

LJ11

sevenchaos said:
OK so its pretty.

I loved the original, and I want to own the most complete version of the game.

Bebpo

Banned
sevenchaos said:
I think what surprised me were all the people that said this was the reason to buy a PS3.

Yeah, I agree that's pretty silly unless you are an insanely hardcore Ninja Gaiden fan who must play every version of it. Then again even people saying that aren't buying the entire system for just the one game, there'll be a decent amount of PS3 software that most people will pick up as well by the time this comes out.

jiang

Bebpo said:

yes but FF1 and 2 are extremely old games that could benefit from polishing. ninja gaiden is relatively new; why couldn't they have just made a new ninja gaiden?

Originally Posted by sevenchaos:
OK so its pretty.

This may actually be a negative for some people I suppose, but Rachel is a playable character in Sigma. It seems from the 1Up interview that you play as her for several chapters at least so it seems like a substantial addition. This might mean new levels as well, though that hasn't been confirmed afaik.

Bebpo

Banned
jiang said:
yes but FF1 and 2 are extremely old games that could benefit from polishing. ninja gaiden is relatively new; why couldn't they have just made a new ninja gaiden?

Because the point of it from a business sense is to introduce Ninja Gaiden to Playstation people so they will get hyped for NG2 and either buy it on X360 or PS3 depending on what it's on. Basically to widen their audience.

Speevy

Banned

See, I have no idea what they're adding, but they literally explore every single gameplay scenario and boss in the missions of Ninja Gaiden Black.

There's nothing incomplete about that game. In fact it gets to the point where some of it feels downright redundant. So they must be adding new stuff.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's weird -- you can analyze the shots and see that it hasn't changed that much from the xbox version, and yet it looks better than most next-gen games. the fire effects are nuts -- genji 2's were similar, but now they're in a good game. a remake does seem a little premature, but i'll be happy to play ninja gaiden again.

klee123

Hopefully they will release this asap, I wouldn't mind grabbing this along with RR7, Resistance, EA and HS when I get a PS3 in a few months time.

Miburou

I dislike remakes because in most cases you get outdated gameplay with a new coat of paint, and only the nostalgia factor going for it. But NG's gameplay is still unmatched, so even if Sigma is just a prettier NG, it will still be awesome.

Top Bottom