• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden (sigma) screenshots (Nice!)

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I agree that's pretty silly unless you are an insanely hardcore Ninja Gaiden fan who must play every version of it. Then again even people saying that aren't buying the entire system for just the one game, there'll be a decent amount of PS3 software that most people will pick up as well by the time this comes out.

You also have to remember that there a lot of people who have never played Ninja Gaiden. The game didn't really sell all that much (not much more than a million worldwide) when compared to the Dead or Alive games.

I would have much rather have Tecmo release the previous old-school NG games on XBLA then get this, I really do believe having a remake is a bit premature given the visual fidelity of the xbox version.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
C- Warrior said:
I would have much rather have Tecmo release the previous old-school NG games on XBLA then get this, I really do believe having a remake is a bit premature given the visual fidelity of the xbox version.

So why don't you want us guys with a PS3 to play the game?

Kangu

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
You don't understand the business do you?
I don't understand why someone should remake a game that came out just last generation! This isn't a ****ing AMIGA title we're taling about here. I'd be 50 times more excited if it were NG2 coming out.

Haunted

theBishop said:
Shane Bettenhausen: SDF Victory!!!

:lol
dude, spoilers!

looks simply amazing, but:
Kangu said:
This RE-Make trend is the stupidest waste of resources ever and developers need to stop.
Now I won't agree with that statement concerning Ninja Gaiden Sigma since it's essentially a really beefed-up port to another system, but Ninja Gaiden Black, now that game was unnecessary.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mckmas8808 said:
So why don't you want us guys with a PS3 to play the game?

I assume it's because everyone on GAF makes the same assumption I do: everyone has every console.

klee123

LuCkymoON said:
you should've bought an Xbox and supported the orignal game. :p

Same can be said for the MS only players who wants some of the Sony third party games, but refuse to buy any of their systems.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if you want to talk about a waste of resources at team ninja, how about the doa series? they ought to be all action games all the time. hopefully they'll get ng2 out before itagaki gropes one secretary too many.

drohne said:
if you want to talk about a waste of resources at team ninja, how about the doa series? team ninja needs to be all action all the time.

Dead or Alive sells much much much more than Ninja Gaiden. In actuality, Ninja Gaiden hasn't even sold that much, I think with only the help of the "black" re-release has the game barely suprassed a million worldwide. You also have to remember a Japanese company makes most of their profit from games sold in Japan, and it's not just because games cost more at retail in Japan. So, for whereas, you know NG will sell 40,000 in japan, DOA games can (and I believe have?) sold over 150,000 there.

neptunes

Looks good, gives me hope for Ninja Gaiden 2.

Itagaki is going to have to alteast match that, if not exceed the graphics in this game,

neptunes said:
Looks good, gives me hope for Ninja Gaiden 2.

Itagaki is going to have to alteast match that, if not exceed that graphics in this game,

The only way he can exceed the visuals is if the art style changes. NG2 will benefit from later design mechanics (engines, developer familiarity with next-gen etc.) but with NG2 they have to start from scratch, story, characters, design, levels, animation, combat, enemies, bosses, music etc.

With NG (sigma) remake -- their main focus from beginning of R&D has pretty much only been visuals, visuals, visuals and more visuals. My bet is NG2 will look similar to the remake if it's using the same art style.

Kangu

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Dead or Alive sells much much much more than Ninja Gaiden. In actuality, Ninja Gaiden hasn't even sold that much, I think with only the help of the "black" re-release has the game barely suprassed a million worldwide. You also have to remember a Japanese company makes most of their profit from games sold in Japan, and it's not just because games cost more at retail in Japan. So, for whereas, you know NG will sell 40,000 in japan, DOA games can (and I believe have?) sold over 150,000 there.

I can't believe you're defending DOA games. You're not who we thought you were!

Speevy

Banned
I want PS3 gamers to play this. I just don't want to miss out on it.

It would be like them remaking Ace Combat 4 with enhanced graphics for the Xbox 360. That wouldn't make much sense, and you'd want a PS3 port of it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Speevy said:

It would be like them remaking Ace Combat 4 with enhanced graphics for the Xbox 360. That wouldn't make much sense, and you'd want a PS3 port of it.

AC5 (I thought they made a 5) for the 360 is something that I could half way understand.

theBishop

Banned
Speevy said:

Well, Xbox360 owners already have Black, which still looks great by any standard.

Plus, Ninja Gaiden Sigma can't be done on the 360 because it isn't powerful enough.

:lol
not really

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
AC5 (I thought they made a 5) for the 360 is something that I could half way understand.

They made a 0, and a PSP version too I think. I'm just talking about a remake of one of the series games, and I picked that one as an example.

Kangu said:
I can't believe you're defending DOA games. You're not who we thought you were!

Pft, bitch please. Dead or Alive is the biggest peice of shit to come out of Japan -- I'm just saying though, DOA sells more than NG (unfrotunately).

...defend DOA, ugh -- I perfer even Tekken to DOA for god sakes...ew.

mr_nothin

Banned
0077.jpg

I love the texture work around the hand area and that weapon
It looks CG Quality

LakeEarth

0072.jpg

All the pictures look nice but this one makes me a little hesitant. The whole background is blurred but the character in the background isn't. Makes me worry about possible bullshotting (but I never played Ninja Gaiden, maybe its always like that?).

Tieno

I played Ninja Gaiden on the xbox and while I'm not as high on it as some of you guys (God of War is more my thing) I might consinder this one. I haven't played NG Black so...In dog mode I can see myself finishing this (got to the garden with the skeleton fishes, I hate hate that place!).

coldvein

Banned
LakeEarth said:
0072.jpg

All the pictures look nice but this one makes me a little hesitant. The whole background is blurred but the character in the background isn't. Makes me worry about possible bullshotting (but I never played Ninja Gaiden, maybe its always like that?).

The Xbox versions definitely aren't that blurry. That shit is blur city.

goldenpp72

in some ways it looks very impressive, in others you can tell it came from xbox (flat trees)

This is the one reason id see myself buying a ps3 sooner rather then later though, it may sound silly but I loved the original and black, and id love to play this too.

goldenpp72

if you didnt get the originals and own a ps3, you'd be the biggest kind of idiot to skip this one.. unless they somehow manage to screw it up, but I doubt that.

LakeEarth said:
0072.jpg

For game purposes, I think choosing to not blur enemies might be a good decision...especially in an action- and reaction-heavy game, like NG. Makes it so you can actually still see how they're moving to attack or whatever in the heat of battle if the animation with regard to the silhouette/shape isn't super-exaggerated. Then again, it may just be an issue of not being done yet.

Looks badass, anyway. When I eventually pick up a PS3, this is definitely on my list...I'm a sucker for this game.

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
Because the point of it from a business sense is to introduce Ninja Gaiden to Playstation people so they will get hyped for NG2 and either buy it on X360 or PS3 depending on what it's on. Basically to widen their audience.
It's a sneak attack, supported by Microsoft. Get all PS3 owners to fall in love with NG Sigma, then make NG2 360-exclusive and the PS3 owners will have to buy a 360... mwahahaaaaaaaaaa.

ram

Kangu said:
I don't understand why someone should remake a game that came out just last generation! This isn't a ****ing AMIGA title we're taling about here. I'd be 50 times more excited if it were NG2 coming out.

and i dont understand why some developers port last-gen games like burnout revenge, the godfather, tony hawks 8, gun to the next gen systems - that doesnt make sense... ~o~

Tieno

ram said:
and i dont understand why some developers port last-gen games like burnout revenge, the godfather, tony hawks 8, gun to the next gen systems - that doesnt make sense... ~o~
Yeah, I'd rather they remake the game. Have some respect for your audience.

XSamu

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
WTF I am not buying this game three times (but holy shit those screens make me want to).

If you've never touched Ninja Gaiden buy this version the day of release. Expect lots of crying and broken controllers.
Not necessary, Hayashi said Sigma will be easier than Ninja Gaiden on Xbox :(

Feindflug

Looks awesome! I'm definitely getting it - the third time I'm getting the game but as Bebpo I haven't touched Black...so I'm really excited about Sigma. :)

Fady K

Bebpo said:
Some people buy remakes of games (Ie. see FF1+2) because of little things like updated graphics and a few new gameplay additions :p

If you loved the game in the past, replaying it with all new visuals and new gameplay is a fun thing. Personally I loooooved NG and then bought Black, but I never got around to playing Black beyond a level or two. So now that this is announced I'll pick it up for a third time and get all the stuff that was in black that I never got around to seeing + all the new stuff, all in even better graphics :) Definitely looking forward to it.

Yeah, my situation too. I never played through Black all that much at all, so this one should be awesome.

Theres quite a few things that werent in either Xbox iterations though, yeah? Like Rachel's parts, some new areas and enemies and weapons, as well as some extra bosses.

Looks Awesome

sevenchaos said:
OK so its pretty.

But I'm still confused as to why people are so excited for this. You're getting the new weapons, the upgraded graphics. What else are you getting to warrant the price of admission.
Well, I have never played this game(pretty sad,right), and I for one would love to give this a shot on my PS3.

Top Bottom