• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden (sigma) screenshots (Nice!)

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
No, it didn't run at a higher resolution than that. I meant, higher resolution than your average PSX game. DOA used 640x448 interlaced (field rendered). Same deal with games like TOBOL 2, IS - internal section, and a bunch of others.

640x448 at 60 fps is pretty good for such hardware, though.

So, yeah, DOAXBV2 is the only Team Ninja game that runs at something other than 60 fps.
Ah, that makes more sense... then for DOA1 resolutions we have...

Model 2A/2B CRX = 496 x 384
Sega Saturn = 720 x 480
PlayStation = 640 x 448
TPS = 640 x 480

Saturn wins on resolution (and texturing from what I remember, though the two likely went hand in hand) but the PS1 game had a lot of extra content (Ayane, Bass and Raidou playable for starters) and it was throwing around lighting and shading effects that'd have choked Saturn (FV/FMM Saturn had rough gourad shading and more geometry at the expense of higher resolutions).

A bit OT, but any idea what the Xbox version runs at, being based off the Saturn build iirc? Does it display in 720p?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
A bit OT, but any idea what the Xbox version runs at, being based off the Saturn build iirc? Does it display in 720p?
Yes.

The XBOX game runs in 480p and is based on the Saturn version.

I always kind of preferred the gourad shading approach back then, though. DOA and TOBAL 2 on PSX looked fantastic as a result. No warped, pixelated textures to be found. You had smooth, clean shading instead. These games have aged very well as a result.

jarrod

Banned
I agree that Tobal 2 still looks amazing, I liked the "texture lite/shading heavy" approach Dream Factory went with too (Ehrgiez looked like shit in comparison imo). But Saturn's high rez fighters (VF2, DOA, Last Bronx) were just stunning at the time, insanely impressive coding achievements considering the hardware. Moreso than VF4/Evo PS2 even I'd say (though not nearly as accurate).

Never spent much time with the PS1 DOA though, I just remembered it looking generally "muddy" compared to the Saturn version.

manxor

Sweet screens! & WOW at cutscenes.

There hasn't been any updates on the (US) release date has there???

If it's still on for Spring, this is the first game I'm (re-)buying a PS3 for. Can't wait to buy this game for a 3rd time!... and I say that devoid of sarcasm.

icecream

Public Health Threat
dark10x said:
So, yeah, DOAX2 is the only Team Ninja game that runs at something other than 60 fps.
And hopefully the last.

mckmas8808 said:
How much did NG and NG Black sell on the Xbox?
800K something like that, in the US, and roughly a million worldwide?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This game is looking no better than NG on the Xbox, to be honest. Yeah, it's at a higher resolution and everything, but it's just like playing NGB on the 360 in 720p.

Of course, everyone knows Team Ninja are currently hard at work on NG2 for the 360 thanks to Microsoft's money-bags and the fact 360 owners will buy anything with enough hype and marketing put behind it.

Anyone want to bet what NG2 on 360 will sell? I'm going with 2 million+

Bebpo

Banned
cjelly said:
This game is looking no better than NG on the Xbox, to be honest. Yeah, it's at a higher resolution and everything, but it's just like playing NGB on the 360 in 720p.

O_O

Dali

cjelly said:

Of course, everyone knows Team Ninja are currently hard at work on NG2 for the 360 thanks to Microsoft's money-bags and the fact 360 owners will buy anything with enough hype and marketing put behind it.

That 360 BC software must really work some magic.

Dante

cjelly said:

:lol

BigBoss

cjelly said:

Reads cjelly's post history...now I understand.

Borys

Banned
cjelly said:

**** YEAH DUDE!!!

01mc.jpg

YOU SURE SHOWED DEM SONYBOIS!!!

Boris '--++X+B+O+X++--' Boris

PS I AM GOING WITH 5 MILLION+

DCharlie

Banned
935677_20061219_screen006.jpg

... the more i look at this image the crazier i feel.

what is going on with the perspective? why is his hand in front of the HUGE pair of 'chucks.
.... ooh i see he's holding them - they look HUGE ! maybe they are BIG BOY chucks... or something.

what's going on with white guys arm?? I guess it's the slash effect?

I missed out on both versions of Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. I'm definitely getting this, since I've been wanting a NG for a while and the game is looking great (although don't completely show the power of PS3).

Gattsu25

Banned
Haunted_One said:
dude, spoilers!

looks simply amazing, but:

Now I won't agree with that statement concerning Ninja Gaiden Sigma since it's essentially a really beefed-up port to another system, but Ninja Gaiden Black, now that game was unnecessary.
Black was for the people that couldn't download the extra gameplay due to their lack of XBLive

it also kicked ass

Holtz

cjelly said:
1558908412.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
cjelly said:

Are you blind?

Anyways, in response to your second question, I think it will do just that. At least 2 million IMO......or 1.5....either way...

Top Bottom